Swtor f2p?!?!

Dregamoore

ok so ill make this short and sweet... im mad, very very mad. if f2p comes to tor i will hands down leave an go back to playing WoW. I have been a dedicated player/subscriber since before launch, and wht will the players get in return for sinking all of our money into this game... not a thing. i promise the devs that i will take myself an my whole guild back to WoW and pay for their 100+ dollars in software just to play a paid for game.

bioware, here is a tip. get off your asses, stop being lazy, stop whining u have a job to do and content to provide us and do your jobs. if the community wasnt being dicked around for months with promises of this an that which never happend we wouldnt be ************.. get to work or i predict this game will go down fast.. f2p or not

What exactly is your gripe with F2P?

How is it in any way an insult to those of us that have been playing the game since launch?

How does it diminish your gaming experience?

F2P isn't the end of the game, it simply signifies that BW/EA thinks they can get a higher revenue stream through an alternate means, most likely micro transactions and pay to unlock future content. If new content is released every 3 months, you actually end up paying less in the long run. Instead of paying $45 over that 3 months, you pay $10-20 to get the new content patch.

As long as BW can maintain a content release schedule to keep players interested, it could mean more content arriving at quicker pace.

What exactly is your gripe with F2P?

How is it in any way an insult to those of us that have been playing the game since launch?

How does it diminish your gaming experience?

F2P isn't the end of the game, it simply signifies that BW/EA thinks they can get a higher revenue stream through an alternate means, most likely micro transactions and pay to unlock future content. If new content is released every 3 months, you actually end up paying less in the long run. Instead of paying $45 over that 3 months, you pay $10-20 to get the new content patch.

As long as BW can maintain a content release schedule to keep players interested, it could mean more content arriving at quicker pace.

Have you looked at the difference between f2p and p2p games? I mean REALLY looked. f2p translates to either pay to win, or we will nickel and dime the **** out of you to get what you would already have on a p2p, or the quality of the game deteriorates exponentially. F2P players already have numerous games, most of the players here avoid those games for a reason and will leave if it goes to that model. I can assure you they will NO maintain anything close to the numbers they have now if the change to f2p

Chill, FTP until lvl 15 is Industry Standard nowadays and good for Business, brings in alot of new Hopeful Players and gives us Community Figures a chance to make them stay, Full FTP isnt in their thought right now, EA wouldnt allow it, And it wouldnt fit well with SWTOR

Agreed, and also very true.

They would have to retrofit the game to make the game completely F2P.

Currently, SW:TOR has only had "free weekend passes" for new players to try.

EVE online has a free 14 day trial, so that's 14 days F2P.

Rift is F2P up to lvl 20.

They're making SW:TOR F2P up to lvl 15.

You guys need to chill, and quit panicking at the drop of a hat. Most MMOs have either F2P for a certain amount of time, or F2P up to a certain lvl.

Your nerd-rage is pointless and useless.

Edited by CaptRavenous

Agreed, and also very true.

They would have to retrofit the game to make the game completely F2P.

EVE online has a free 14 day trial, so that's 14 days F2P.

Rift is F2P up to lvl 20.

They're making SW:TOR F2P up to lvl 15.

You guys need to chill, and quit panicking at the drop of a hat. Most MMOs have either F2P for a certain amount of time, or F2P up to a certain lvl.

Your nerd-rage is pointless and useless.

I have NO issue with trials, in fact I encourage it since I personally usually wont even look at an MMO without doing a trial. While I doubt the rumors of SW:TOR going fully F2P are true, if they do announce it I'm done with it.

I have NO issue with trials, in fact I encourage it since I personally usually wont even look at an MMO without doing a trial. While I doubt the rumors of SW:TOR going fully F2P are true, if they do announce it I'm done with it.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

They have announced they are going F2P up to lvl 15, nothing more.

The rest is rumors being spread by idiots.

ok so ill make this short and sweet... im mad, very very mad. if f2p comes to tor i will hands down leave an go back to playing WoW. I have been a dedicated player/subscriber since before launch, and wht will the players get in return for sinking all of our money into this game... not a thing. i promise the devs that i will take myself an my whole guild back to WoW and pay for their 100+ dollars in software just to play a paid for game.

bioware, here is a tip. get off your asses, stop being lazy, stop whining u have a job to do and content to provide us and do your jobs. if the community wasnt being dicked around for months with promises of this an that which never happend we wouldnt be ************.. get to work or i predict this game will go down fast.. f2p or not

What makes you think f2p will come to SWTOR (apart from one badly written "news"article)?

SWTOR will introduce a free trial allowing people to play to level 15. They will probably add a shop where you can buy cosmetic items and things like speeders and pets for cash. Neither of these things make the game F2P.

Just to be pedantic SWTOR also ran 7 day free trials (up to level 15) via a friend invite code. That is how I joined.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Then you have nothing to worry about.

They have announced they are going F2P up to lvl 15, nothing more.

The rest is rumors being spread by idiots.

Now if only we could get the other cloned threads to listen to reason.

I am going to say this, I started this game when it first came out then quit for 2 and half months for all the problems and mistakes that were in game. Now that alot of them have been ironed out I came back to give it another chance since I feel SWTOR can easily beat any MMO out there since you have 2 huge and well known companies for quality games doing this game, but I swear if any DEVS are reading this, I also will quit this game and melt my install disks and never look at your game again if it goes F2P since you've shown the gamers out there that your not able and willing to fight the good fight and do what it takes to be #1. Lastly, I am going to mention one game that has been going on for over 11 years now and still has over 250k players still and that is FF11, FF 14 was the worst thing that came out of Square for years and tons of people stay with FF11 and that game had many problems, mistakes and hHUGE issues until they started making a good profit from it 6 years ago. If Square Enix can stick with a game all stated wouldnt last but has for over 10 years now....EA/BIO, learn from the past and please look at what made other MMOS successful in the past 14 years from the dawn of MMOS and make it happen on this game. If not, the 3 years of time and effort of getting great actors like David Hayter (voice of Solid Snake) or tons of the others that built themselves in this game go for waste and EA will show the world that it isnt a powerhouse but a weak entity that focuses on a quick buck, not on something that can outdo anything else out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

F2P reminds me of Eastern MMO's basically a hole lot of crap. F2P will open the door wide for Gold farmers and hackers. Think about it right now people are basically saying That TOR is good enough for them to spend the 15 dollars a month for fun. Heck 15 dollars now a days is not even a movie for one anymore. If Bio goes F2P it telling us the people that make or break this game that we are just another average MMO and we don't see us going no were but down with sales. So Far Bio you are a sub based MMO please don't change it.. You ether set the pace and lead or you follow every other mediocre MMO out there that has nothing but shoe strings to offer there players.

I'll tell you what the real prob is a over saturated marked flooded with crappy MMO's I know that is not your fault BIO I kind of blame on Blizzard for setting the bar way to low now.

Just know this like C-3PO stated "were doomed" if you go F2P. You might as well kiss most of your loyal gamers good bye since they will not stay this I promise.

Sadly it is all bout the mighty dollar. If you get some pencil pushing fresh out of collage accountant that says you can make more money going F2P DO NOT believe them.

Thank you for your time.

Hey OP add a pole to this thread ask who will stay or who will leave if TOR goes F2P.

I all ready know the answer I just thought maybe a visual will help BIO see how going F2P is a bad idea.