Great start.

Azaranth

4. If they were to let everyone in right now, nothing would be working. There would be crashes, lag galore, and no one would be able to complete quests due to overcrowding, so you wouldnt be playing anyway.

We still don't know that won't be true in a few days.

Just because they're letting some people trickle in doesn't mean the official launch won't be plagued with what we expect for big ticket MMO launches these days.

Time will tell, and I'm hoping this works for the better and they're able to expose weaknes in their server tech now and elegantly fix it before it becomes a major problem, but it would be speculation to suggest thats certain without the large numbers they're going to have by next week.

One things for sure, theirs always some type of "gotcha".

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol bro

THE SHOW STARTS FOR EVERY BODY IN THE SAME TIME.

think!

Well, maybe the theatre example wasn't perfect. A high-profile museum exhibit would be better. The point is - it does not matter whether you paid the same as everyone else, it is not cheating, ripping nor a bad launch. It's just a bunch of kids, whose main problem in life is that they won't get to play a game earlier when they were given the rules of early game access on a platter back when they bought the pre-order.

It's not BW's fault they can't read. I bet someone somewhere in life will get them to sign something, they won't read the fine print and they will pay for it dearly. And it will be their own fault, just like now. Except this consequence is trivial.

Servers may be smooth now, but when a lot of people get on tonight after working, it may be a bit more laggy... ;)

Oh yeah cause the Euro servers were melting during thier primetime..... Oh wait it's done and gone and during thier primetime almost half had Medium population.

I think they launched it properly, for the most part. The only part I disagree on is not sending emails to all the pre-orders giving at least an estimate when they could get on. Give me like 2 days basis as when you think I'll get on so I don't keep checking whenever my phone gets an email. Then if I get in earlier it's a nice surprise. But oh well. It's not worth the complaining that seems to be running these boards right now. Everyone needs to step back, and realize, it's only a few days difference.

Its an illusion, they only invited the people who preordered in July (And not even all of them) That is why you are not getting lag, there are only like 120,000 players online.

I'd hope so since they only let 5 people in today....

-- Awesome i quoted the wrong damn thing

Edited by SickenMe

For you and everyone else thinking like you:

1. The starting areas on the servers are just as crowded as they were during beta, if not more.

2. They stated FROM THE BEGINNING OF PREORDERS, that early access would be staggered, not all at once. Dont act like this is some surprise that came out off nowhere, you knew *exactly* what you were signing up for.

3. They started TWO DAYS EARLY, no one should even be playing right now, period. The fact that they are already starting early access is a testament to them trying to give their perorders as much early access as possible.

4. If they were to let everyone in right now, nothing would be working. There would be crashes, lag galore, and no one would be able to complete quests due to overcrowding, so you wouldnt be playing anyway.

First of all Solusrath when i pre-ordered this game at the store there was never any mention of a 5 or 7 day wave of ppl logging on the early access ,only after when i read these forums. Early access mean to MMO palyers that every one that pre ordered the game get to go in advance all at the same time.

Second Beta testing is done also to fix this" If they were to let everyone in right now, nothing would be working. There would be crashes, lag galore, and no one would be able to complete quests due to overcrowding," before hand so that you're servers can take all the people trying to log in or do quest. Not after you're early access or game is out . So by you saying this shows us that you do not have a clue what Beta testing and stress testing is for.

First of all Solusrath when i pre-ordered this game at the store there was never any mention of a 5 or 7 day wave of ppl logging on the early access ,only after when i read these forums. Early access mean to MMO palyers that every one that pre ordered the game get to go in advance all at the same time.

That was some crappy store then. My store told me that first. Official SWTOR page had that info for a long time too. Go on, sue the store then and go away.

Edited by DrAidennwitz