quest The Apocalypse Party bug need help

Sindeon

quest The Apocalypse Party on Corellia

I have for what ended up the last 2 hours almost been killing Mercenaries for this quest. The quest indicates that on the park area on Corellia that we are supposed to kill mercenary and that doing that will give us codes to the hanger that we can then go do our mission. We have killing well over many many spawns cycles of all the mercenary mobs including the gold star in the raised center area and not had the codes drop. Is tehre a known glitch where the codes are no longer dropping or what are we doing wrong we have killed every mercenary and even the republic flankers that guard the door to the hanger just to make sure the quest was not sending us after the wrong guys. We killed for almost 2 hours of non stop killing these guys. What we are doing wrong or what happened with quest that prevents the drop from happening. We have already tried resetting his UI and resetting the quest to no change in drop happening. Any help would be appreciated as at the moment we cant progress his quest at all.

dropped yesterday from the first silver mercenary i killed. It was the first mob on the street in the area with the quest zone ( as you come towards the quest zone on the normal user path)

Try it out.

Sigh thats what we keep hearing that it was like first kill as you enter the area and we did kill those guys every spawn cycle. I even asked in channel and a 50 sniper came and helped for a few confirming we were in right area. I just dont know what else to do as we killed for like 2 hours last night and not one drop and everyone else was like it only took couple kills. I even dropped group at one point fearing that was it and let him engage and taunted off and engaged that way to see if thatd do it and it didnt.

in my opinion you should create a ticket. I bet you did create one already., but just saying. In 3-4 hours you should get your quest item and be able to proceed with your class quest. Feel a bit sorry for you cause you are so close to complete the class quest, a few quests away...

day 2 and no drops yet after another long section we have submitted tickets with no reply yet. We still have no idea all people we talk to say it should be like first or second kill and yet we get nothing after enough kills that he got an entire level worth of xp when grouped with me killing these solo and silver con mobs with one token gold star in middle of spawns. Any ideas on what we need to do to get these mercenary people to drop his code.

Same problem is happening with me, I have a level 37 operative sniper, and I am getting help from a level 50 jugger, and we were only doing the class quests and it was working OK till this one. we cleared over 55 mercenaries and the loot didnt drop. We tried to abondon the party and let me do the first hit, but that time it didn't drop any loot for me because I didn't deal enough damage to the mob.

What I feel is that this is an "intented" bug that blocks people to rush their class quest at early levels, at least for imperial agents,and it hurts that it had to happen at the last planet's last quest. I cant kill the mobs because of near %98 chance of miss chance, and it doesn't count as my kill when my party kills it for me.

Sad panda is sad.

it does got friend lvling through doing all the quests on other planets once we got him to lvl 44 it was done on first pass of going through and this was finally finsihed after the devs refused to help us heck my tickets and emails over the 5 days we did this quest still have not been answered or looked at.

Levels were the only thing that helped. We had reset the quest abotu 10 times over the 5 days we camped this spending at least 2 hours a day camping the mobs killing enough that we got about a lvl and a half worth of xp hunting the mercs. We had reset quest on world and off world Had tried him out of group with me supporting , in group , with and without companions none of it worked. The only thing that worked was we went and grinded xp until we were able to get him so the lower lvl mercs were orange con. The levels were the only thing that helped. I was kinda irked at the lack of response by the game on this even using the keyword were suppoed to use on support I still have yet to get a reply on the email ticket or tickets i submitted and only after 4 days did he get a reply and that was just to say were looking into it but theres nothing that the person could do.