Have G13 Gamepad... should I get Razor Naga Mouse for Healing Efficiently?

Zellot

Ok, I've decided to go healer for the first time in my mmo career....

I find the action bars very limiting... there doesn't seem to be enough slots to organize my skills in a very effective manner. I have to use the right action bar, but many times, I even forget I have that ability.

Long story short, for those of you who have the Razor Naga Mouse and/or the Logitech G13 gamepad, is he mouse good for healing, or is it going overboard?

I'm thinking I can use my G13 to map out my tanking and offensive abilities and use the Mouse for all of my healing. Mercenery gets only 5-6 heals, if I map them on the mouse, it will allow me to click on nameplates and use healing abilities with one hand, while the other hand uses the thumbstick for movement....

So is it worth the investment, or does it make things more complicated than necessary?

I have never had a problem with the task bar. Just move all the unnecessary **** that isnt in your rotation to the sides.

I have both bottom rows activated:

1-5 are my main rotation

F1-F5 as my Pushbacks/aoe's/break stuns

pretty much all I need that i have other hotkeys like "T" for throw huttball. "V" Is another one.

Just figure out your rotation and plan around it.

Unfortunately with my experience hybrids do WORSE at higher level flashpoints and I would suggest specializing in DPS or Healing because in later flashpoints you need dedication or you wont be as effective as you can be.

In beta I tried Hybrid every which way, arsenal+pyro, pyro+heals, heals+ arsenal.

In mercs at least if you want to do effective raid or PvP DPS you NEED NEED NEED Tracer missile which is at like...11 talent points(?) in the arsenal tree. To make tracer more effective you need its buffs and the 2 signatures on 1 which is around 17'ish (not looking at build map right now).

Now from this point if you wanted to heal youd make it around half way up the heals tree(or pyro tree).

Now from here we kind of branch off into 2 different sub categories.

You can Heal/DPS or DPS/Back up Heal

The difference is Heals buff out max potential of their main heal ability and just get to decent DPS on arsenal or pyro tree. Where as the other uses more in DPS area and is only effective healing as a backup.

Now I can say that when you hit max level at DPS you can already semi-back up heal but hybrid is better but full dedication to heals even better.

My point is when going into late flashpoints and raids you dont want to be that one guy that "Cant heal high enough." "Cant do DPS well enough." and gets booted regularly fromt he party instead of focusing on one or the other and doing exceptional at it.

I hope this helped a bit ><

Got a Naga and a G13 once I got the Naga I actually stopped using the G13 :p and switched to a mechanical keyboard.

With Naga you can assign all the skill on the keys on the mouse and make 3 times as much but assigning them with SHIFT, CTRL and ALT.

You can than get even more by using the Naga's feature to set it as the NUM pad keys.

I have the NUM0 to NUM9 and - and + that I have doubled by assigning them with SHIFT that gives already 24 keys.

Not enough add a CTRL set and you are up to 36, add ALT and you got 48. Still not enough?

You can use 1-4 and Q,E also with modifiers the max number of keys that can be comfortably used is 48 from mouse + 18 on keyboard = 66 key binds enjoy

I will take time to get used to but I think its well worth it as once you do your whole movement style changes as your left hand is free to use the WSAD to move and you only need it for SHIFT, CTRL and ALT modifiers.

I wouldnt recommend it.

Why would you pay that much money to do something you already have access too?

You only get I think 5 heals at the most (dont quote as I am not a healer).

And those can be your first 5 or 6 keys than have cure and other interrupts or protection spells as the f1-f5 keys or if your savvy ctrl+1 etc, I cant do control hot keying though ><

Edited by ZaOniTenshu

Try to learn the SHIFT and CTRL binds it will make your life much easier. No one is telling you to assign all the keys try 1-4 for start with some skills that you frequently use but they have a longer CD.

That's my advice :) good luck hope it works out for you.

And very important you DO NOT NEED IT to heal efficiently however if you learn it, it will help you get better. I don't even mean the new mouse just learning to use the as you called it "savvy" key binds :)

Edited by dende

I use a Naga. The bottom rows are the standard 1 to =(12), the next ones up are SHIFT+1 to SHIFT+12. The right side bar is number hot keyed to ALT+1 - ALT+12 for heals and self buffs and the left side bar is CTRL+1 - CTRL+12 for those abilities. Click Scroll Wheel is to look behind you, and the two "Button 4/5" on the left mouse bottom are for auto run/stop. I also hot keyed the marks using CTRL+Button4/CTRL+Button5, SHIFT+Button4/SHIFT+Button5, ALT+Button4/ALT+Button5.

If you find a way to fill every slot with something, skills, heals, stims, buffs, marks, armor switch, weapon switch you'll have 48 boxes. You can bind all 48 to the Naga with the standard row 1-12, CTRL+1 - CTRL+12, SHIFT+1 - SHIFT+12, ALT+1 - ALT+12.

Once you get used to using your thumb to press all 12 of the buttons, it's a cakewalk. Started using with Aion. Now I can't imagine playing a MMO w/o my Naga.

I use a Naga. The bottom rows are the standard 1 to =(12), the next ones up are SHIFT+1 to SHIFT+12. The right side bar is number hot keyed to ALT+1 - ALT+12 for heals and self buffs and the left side bar is CTRL+1 - CTRL+12 for those abilities. Click Scroll Wheel is to look behind you, and the two "Button 4/5" on the left mouse bottom are for auto run/stop. I also hot keyed the marks using CTRL+Button4/CTRL+Button5, SHIFT+Button4/SHIFT+Button5, ALT+Button4/ALT+Button5.

If you find a way to fill every slot with something, skills, heals, stims, buffs, marks, armor switch, weapon switch you'll have 48 boxes. You can bind all 48 to the Naga with the standard row 1-12, CTRL+1 - CTRL+12, SHIFT+1 - SHIFT+12, ALT+1 - ALT+12.

Once you get used to using your thumb to press all 12 of the buttons, it's a cakewalk. Started using with Aion. Now I can't imagine playing a MMO w/o my Naga.

Ohh that is so true :D you can drop the G13 easily but those keys on the mouse are the best idea since sliced bread ヽ(´▽`)/

Edited by dende

I play with a G13 and Naga. I love the flexibility. That being said, there are SO MANY options. Several people have brought up good ones whcih you should consider. I will bring up one that has not been mentioned. While I have not tried it, I see keybinds for switching bars. So You should be able to load up your DPS options in one bar, and your healing options in another and then switch bars back and forth at will. Think of it in terms of a DPS stance and a healing stance and you have a key bind that switches them. I plan to play with it, I have not yet.

Edit: Oh and you I'd give up the Naga before the G13. Using the stick for forward/back/strafe R&L and the mouse to turn gives me unrivaled freedom of movement without taking up good locations for keybinds.

Edited by TempestasSilva

I'll never give up the G13.. i love the thumbstick too much to every go back to anything else.

I want a mouse to supplement the G13 not to replace it. I did some research, so I think i'm going to get the G700 instead of the Razor Naga.....

G700 looks perfect for healing....