sentinals and marauders op as it is and still get a buff

dinasty

[QUOTE=Celesian;3710522]There are a lot of bad marauder's out there which is causing the buff's IMO. The problem now though is the complete and total OP crap. Marauder leaps on you (root) force choke's (stun) builds 4 stacks up smashes for 11K, then start's ravage (stun) which in total is about 8-10K. That is a total decimation of any class pretty much. If your 2m CD is not up your toast cause you can't interupt ravage and can't move out of smash due to root. Granted this is an extreme circumstance and number's maybe inflated a bit but come on the fact remains that your target could do absolutely nothing to prevent 90% of his health gone in 4gcd's

PVE I think they needed a buff due to 2 tree's being pretty much crap I give you that, but BW has created one huge OP killing machine without any weaknesses. And people thought shadow/darkness was OP haven't seen nothin yet. If shadow/darkness defenses worked in PVP you probably would see the spec used for it's intended purpose instead of pure DPS.

A marauder can't critical for 11k with smash. A 6-7k crit possible but if he is specced rage his ravage wont root since that is a talent in carnage. You should stop spouting whit outnof your *** if you don't know anything about the class.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A marauder can't critical for 11k with smash. A 6-7k crit possible but if he is specced rage his ravage wont root since that is a talent in carnage. You should stop spouting whit outnof your *** if you don't know anything about the class.

I read that and thought the same thing as there is no stun as he said on Ravage/Master Strike in PvP, in PvE there is on standard and weak NPCs but not PvP. Like you said there is a root with that ability but in Combat/Carnage which wouldn't allow for crazy high Smash/Force Sweap crit DMG like he said.

Just another player who has no clue about the Sentinel/Marauder class.

There are a lot of bad marauder's out there which is causing the buff's IMO. The problem now though is the complete and total OP crap. Marauder leaps on you (root) force choke's (stun) builds 4 stacks up smashes for 11K, then start's ravage (stun) which in total is about 8-10K. That is a total decimation of any class pretty much. If your 2m CD is not up your toast cause you can't interupt ravage and can't move out of smash due to root. Granted this is an extreme circumstance and number's maybe inflated a bit but come on the fact remains that your target could do absolutely nothing to prevent 90% of his health gone in 4gcd's.

PVE I think they needed a buff due to 2 tree's being pretty much crap I give you that, but BW has created one huge OP killing machine without any weaknesses. And people thought shadow/darkness was OP haven't seen nothin yet. If shadow/darkness defenses worked in PVP you probably would see the spec used for it's intended purpose instead of pure DPS.

damn i hate that and i also hate when commandos grapple you to them, and shoot 10 tracer missles then when you try to run away they charge you and knock you back and then shoot you with a nuclear missle

damn i hate that and i also hate when commandos grapple you to them, and shoot 10 tracer missles then when you try to run away they charge you and knock you back and then shoot you with a nuclear missle
Interupt, leap, interupt, choke, obfuscate, interupt, vanish during cast, leap.... If he gets more then 1 missile on you, you are bad.

Interupt, leap, interupt, choke, obfuscate, interupt, vanish during cast, leap.... If he gets more then 1 missile on you, you are bad.

MatAuc... You realize he was joking and making fun of the guy he quoted right?

If not, I feel sorry for your lack of reading comprehension...

Edited by Quikfox

uh since when do operatives get leap and obfuscate?? is that legacy exclusive??

Edited by bigheadbrandon

The only thing that got buffed was Master Strike.

And this is just an ability for Bad Players to use against Bad Players.

Anyone trying to ride out the full channel is going to get hit with a stun or knockback everytime (by a player that's any good). The only thing the damage boost does is encourage Bad Players to try and Master Strike, thereby inflicting self-inflicted stuns on themselves, wasting all that time for a last hit, with it never coming.

Edited by Asphen

Anyone trying to ride out the full channel is going to get hit with a stun or knockback everytime (by a player that's any good). The only thing the damage boost does is encourage Bad Players to try and Master Strike, thereby inflicting self-inflicted stuns on themselves, wasting all that time for a last hit, with it never coming.

The first two ticks of master strike are largely worth the gcd.

The first two ticks of master strike are largely worth the gcd.

Totally agree with this one.

Well, before it would often lock you into a 'dance' animation, with you hitting nothing. But that was a bug I heard was fixed.

What I'm very curious about, is WHERE this boost of damage is. Is it spread out through all three hits of Master Strike, or all loaded into the last strike?

Edited by Asphen

Totally agree with this one.

Well, before it would often lock you into a 'dance' animation, with you hitting nothing. But that was a bug I heard was fixed.

What I'm very curious about, is WHERE this boost of damage is. Is it spread out through all three hits of Master Strike, or all loaded into the last strike?

I would say spread out.

Try skipping ravage(just first 2 ticks, skip third). It becomes a really good filler.

Edited by atreyuz

On a side note ever fight a Tracer/Grav spamming fool on Live as a Sent/Mara? Interrupt those casts and they panic for about 4s leaving you 2 more interrupts to toy with them till the next Force Kick allowing you repeat the process.

it's not that anyone panics, it's that there seems to be a bug where tracer is interupted but the 1.5 seconds still goes to completion somehow (or the global cooldown starts when the interruption happens).

so,

1. I cast a 1.5 second Tracer

2. after 1 second you interrupt

3. my global cooldown now kicks in (what? why can't i cast anything again?)

4. so, a 1.5 second cast turns in to a total of 2 seconds of not doing anything

not sure why this happens but i have witnessed it. i am certainly not interrupted within .2 seconds and the GCD is still ticking for .8

well, maybe i am and I am crazy.

We know who the bad player is.... its your highest dmg ability and costs no rage... to be used when other abilities on cd... gg

because forcing people to blow their cc/interrupt their casts to run away when you want them to and at no cost to you is a terrible thing.

dont get me wrong there's plenty of noobs who use at stupid times but like most sentinel abilities it has its uses.

also thats not the only buff the free interrupt is a huge buff thats 1 focus every 6 seconds while fighting a number of classes. pacify off the gcd. awe costing no force while not huge in the middle of battle this is huge for 1v1s against stealthers. being able to dispatch more can only help our damage.

it's not that anyone panics, it's that there seems to be a bug where tracer is interupted but the 1.5 seconds still goes to completion somehow (or the global cooldown starts when the interruption happens).

so,

1. I cast a 1.5 second Tracer

2. after 1 second you interrupt

3. my global cooldown now kicks in (what? why can't i cast anything again?)

4. so, a 1.5 second cast turns in to a total of 2 seconds of not doing anything

not sure why this happens but i have witnessed it. i am certainly not interrupted within .2 seconds and the GCD is still ticking for .8

well, maybe i am and I am crazy.

Force Kick when being used to interrupt your Tracer will lock you out of that move for 4s, you roughly have 4s where you can't follow that interrupted Tracer with another tracer.

In another scenario let's throw in another Sentinel.

We can completely lock you out/interrupt of all of your cast abilities and toss Pacify on you for a duration of 12s every 45s, if specced, when timed properly as Watchman. Can't forget our 20% 10m 15s duration on a 12s CD healing debuff, which in 1.2 can't be cleansed, that stacks with the base PvP healing reduction/debuff.

Do people even read the changes? Carnage is getting a buff but that spec is crap on live right now anyway, Annihilation isn't changing a whole lot, and Rage is getting a damage buff but losing cd reduction for some abilities. So yes smash damage is increased but on a longer cd now. Ravage/Master Strike is getting a damage buff, but it's a long channel and if you're dumb enough to stand there and take it or not interrupt it, then you deserve to die from it.

Edit: Oh and there's also no more cost reduction for smash either, so it's now on a longer cd and costs 3 rage instead of 1.

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/0cb1ccca90179595.png

Master strike is now uninterruptable.

Combat (middle tree) roots people when using Master strike???

And yes, all trees of the sentinel have been majorly buffed - its been said in this thread before by someone explaining it better than I care to. Read the long posts and find enlighetment. This said from a Guardian 50, Sentinel 50 and Sage 50.

I might as well not fight back on my sage now, any competent sentinel will kill me while eating and watching tv.

You're attacking me why? I never once said that the 1.2 changes were a nerf to Watchman, I said I don't see why these people view the 1.2 Watchman changes as nerfs.

I also never said anything about Master Strike DMG or using it or not, so looks like you're quoting and attacking the wrong person my friend.

lol for some reason i read your quote to that guy as yours my bad. this comment was meant to be for that guy you quoted

the 99% dmg reduction ability is BS period. It should be a tool to escape and survive, not dishing dmg... it should decrease OUTGOING Dmg by alot. You cant have the cake and eat it, but aparently u can. Edited by xxIncubixx

the 99% dmg reduction ability is BS period. It should be a tool to escape and survive, not dishing dmg... it should decrease OUTGOING Dmg by alot. You cant have the cake and eat it, but aparently u can.

i have to say bravo to this very gd idea if there gonna get a 99% decrease in dmg taken then there dmg should be nerfed outgoin as well

are ppl that dumb they dont realize they are just helping the other 2 weak trees in the sent build. watchman and ani did not get buffed. its still the same. combat is weak as hell and almost no one rolls with it. same with focus, although it is a good runner up to wathcmna

too bad obfuscate doesn't hit tech accuracy... only usable on certain classes. as the last three words of your quote read good sir.

Master strike is now uninterruptable.

Combat (middle tree) roots people when using Master strike???

And yes, all trees of the sentinel have been majorly buffed - its been said in this thread before by someone explaining it better than I care to. Read the long posts and find enlighetment. This said from a Guardian 50, Sentinel 50 and Sage 50.

I might as well not fight back on my sage now, any competent sentinel will kill me while eating and watching tv.

I got majorly buffed... news to someone who has been playing this class since beta in August.

Any competent mara/sent should kill you 1v1. And yeah we kn ow sage is easy enough to play while eating and watching tv... TY for confirmation sir.