Gear Req for HM TFB, SV?

Sup guys.

Been seeing (re: hearing) guilds saying that they're progressing through S&V HM and have cleared TFB HM. I thought that these got re-tooled for 55 and the appropriate gear levels?

As in:

TFB SM and SV: Basic gear

TFB HM and SV: Arkanian gear

Now I know that TFB SM and SV can be cleared in Campaign/Dread Guard right now, as my guild did it. But can we also do TFB HM? We were working on the Dread Council before 2.0 hit.

I dont think (keyword THINK) that you can. if you can its got to be pixel perfect. I havent really been gearing my toons that much but thats because im a Central time person in a Pacific time guild (since there are like literaly NO Central time guilds) I got into expac with Columi and a bit of Rakata gear on my healer Merc and ive been getting by with it. but im probably going to have to upgrade soon to Basic or when i hit 55 Arkanian.

Sup guys.

Been seeing (re: hearing) guilds saying that they're progressing through S&V HM and have cleared TFB HM. I thought that these got re-tooled for 55 and the appropriate gear levels?

As in:

TFB SM and SV: Basic gear

TFB HM and SV: Arkanian gear

Now I know that TFB SM and SV can be cleared in Campaign/Dread Guard right now, as my guild did it. But can we also do TFB HM? We were working on the Dread Council before 2.0 hit.

You will find that TFB will be tuned similarly to as when you were level 50 - so if you havent beaten the council, you probably will still have some work to do.

The last fight, TFB, is a lot harder, needs better gear for sure.

I dont think (keyword THINK) that you can. if you can its got to be pixel perfect. I havent really been gearing my toons that much but thats because im a Central time person in a Pacific time guild (since there are like literaly NO Central time guilds) I got into expac with Columi and a bit of Rakata gear on my healer Merc and ive been getting by with it. but im probably going to have to upgrade soon to Basic or when i hit 55 Arkanian.

reroll on Prophecy of the Five, there are plenty of central time guilds here... Mine included

You will find that TFB will be tuned similarly to as when you were level 50 - so if you havent beaten the council, you probably will still have some work to do.

The last fight, TFB, is a lot harder, needs better gear for sure.

I have to disagree here.

The Dread Guard is significantly easier than it was pre 2.0. I suspect this is a result of (correctly played) raiders doing more damage/healing at 55 even with 63 gear and the stat curve changes.

The last fight is only "harder" insofar as the adds in P1 have significantly more health and required both DPS to deal with them, and the irregularities have higher health, so you will probably have 1 or 2 up for a short time after the phase ends unless your DPS have geared a fair bit. The rest of the fight is, once again, easier than the 50 variant was.

It will be hilariously easy in 72s, but that's what Nightmare is for.

I did first few bosses of tfb hm with guild with a mix of old high end 50 pve and some new 55 gear. We found first 2 bosses really straight foward but some trash specifically cores a bit harder then before (the section with 2 cores esp was really troublesome). Also the puzzle boss had significantly more trash and we had some trouble with that one and got bored so gave up :p (pvp guild xD) I would say its not difficult at all.

Also we did first 3 bosses on S&V hm and i wouldnt say gear requirement is as high as you'd think once you get mechanics down again i was in worse gear when we did that then in tfb (had less 55 gear..) Few of us where in pvp gear.. (we also did 4 melee deeps.. crazyness xD)

Edited by AngusFTW