will the stories continue?

BroddiRyan

Hello SWTOR and all the people who play it, i was curious, and no need for a spoiler i was just wondering if the stories are going to continue, i know new flashpoints are going to be created, and expansions will probably be made in the future, but the reason i love this game so much is the in depth storylines, the side stories, and the relationships you build with your companions.

i have created an Assassin and a Mercenary, both of them i love, the flashpoints, abilities, missions, PVP, and especially the storylines. but i find they stop at 50, and did they intend to make them so they leave you hanging. will you continue your quest for power, will you marry Ashara/mako, will you contine your hunt as a bounty hunter (im still leveling my bounty hunter, forgive me if i dont know whats at 50)

so tell me does it stop there or will there be future storylines?

I hope so too, i like the personal touch of the individual stories. So much so I still plan on playing every class story line to completion. I am working on my 5th level 50 one now, My latest is 43 and i will only have 3 to go after that.

I may start doing the level 50 stuff when I finish, but the level 50 stuff does not sound all that exciting to me, i also don't know what one of the 8 I will choose to actually play when i do finish.

i can't really remember the link, but i know for sure i saw a few weeks back an interview in which they said each storyline will have 8 chapters.

Now when the next chapters will come i have no clue, but i really hope they do.

Doubt they are going to release 1 chapter every 2 years so we will end up having 8....Unless 1 chapter equals the 3 we have now. You should find that link, since ive seen Drew K and stephen reid commenting they cant talk about future storys yet.

I have no proof of this, but I would say based on the the way the "acts" and "chapters" are set up that there will be more. I mean Act 1 doesn't end till like level 40 so it seems to me that they have kept it open ended. Also, I know plenty of games have 50 is the level cap, but again based on the chapters and acts in the game it seems like it was intentionally set low so that they could have room to add more levels when new story arcs get added. I'm just curious to see whats coming down the pipe.

Doubt they are going to release 1 chapter every 2 years so we will end up having 8....Unless 1 chapter equals the 3 we have now. You should find that link, since ive seen Drew K and stephen reid commenting they cant talk about future storys yet.

it's not the exact link i remember i saw, but i did a search on google and THIS is one of the things i found that mentions 8 chapters per class.

There is also THIS page that mentions it also with a link to a video interview in which the swtor lead writer mentions it.

A decent search on google should give even more answers.

it's not the exact link i remember i saw, but i did a search on google and THIS is one of the things i found that mentions 8 chapters per class.

There is also THIS page that mentions it also with a link to a video interview in which the swtor lead writer mentions it.

A decent search on google should give even more answers.

I watched the interview and Daniel Erickson never mentions there is going to be 8 chapters planned. He says there is 8 Chapter 1's when referring that Chapter 1 length is about the average play through of Kotor 1. Obviously the 8 Chapter 1's being the 8 different classes..I doubt people are going to wait 1-2 years for story continuations, seems a bit long.

The first article cant even comprehend what Daniel E was talking about :rolleyes:. I thought it seemed wierd that only 1-2 months ago Stephen Reid, Drew K and Daniel E have all said they arent talking about future class story content yet and that article poped up saying otherwise.

Edited by Girdeux

after reading these i had no idea about the interlude at 50, and yes it does seem a long time to continue a story, so my guess is, there are going to be a number of chapters, probably not just 8, and they will have expansions for this, not like WoW expansions, but have a new chapter every 6-8 months, along with more flashpoints and pvp stuff. its a good idea what they are doing to keep people honed in, i agree that just the fact that its chapter 1, there has to be more chapters. im just excited to see what they do with the stories in the future, and how they plan on elaberating throughout the game.

i can't really remember the link, but i know for sure i saw a few weeks back an interview in which they said each storyline will have 8 chapters.

Now when the next chapters will come i have no clue, but i really hope they do.

And I hope they don't stop at 8. This game could last for 10 or more years and as long as all the voice actors/actresses are alive and employed by bioware they can continue voicing the scripts.