Imperial Edict GR-1NC4

CourtneyWoods

In his defense, previously, they've made such things constantly having to be purchased, but in this case, it's Christmas. Ofc they are reusable! Good job BW/EA, this night was a nice treat, please hold more of the same kind! Can't wait to start Gree event tomorrow on Illum!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Response to the Imperial Edict, (Speaking on Behalf of REC)

It has come to our attention that this Edict is just another attempt by the Empire to control things and once again they will fail. Every time they tighten their grip around citizens those citizens will start to rebel and look for some place they can be accepted and appreciated.

We invite each and every citizen to enjoy this celebration and we also suggest you save some snowballs for the Emperor himself, if you can find him, and even the Dark Council members themselves.

We have noticed that very few of them know how to smile or they are afraid to smile. Maybe this celebration will bring about some needed changes, one can only hope.

On that note we hope you throw plenty of snowballs and you truly enjoy this celebration.

(Very good job BW and thank you.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait to throw some snowballs and to buy Life Day clothing and wear em at least with my Smuggler buddy and Assassin.

Agree so much and well written :rak_03:

Good blog written also from Bioware and great read indeed =) Travelling as staying @ Mom's home for Xmas holidays and a bit pain in spine to adventure in Sw Universe when using Mobile Broadband connection that gives only a small portion from it's max DL spd even signal is quite nice. No dc's yet after few days *knocks the wood* so that's a nice surprise :tran_tongue:

Ping is about 150 - 320 and when it's that 200max then not not bad and laptop's old default Gpu drivers not making things easier x) Hard to find latest "from 2013" Ati Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics drivers. Gpu is Ati Mobility Hd Radeon 5650 "memory size 1024mb DDR3".

I've been a subscriber from launch and happy to support Bioware and Swtor with sub and occasional Cartel Coins purchases. So loving Galactic Starfighter and so nice to see detailed background information from crew members on it and detailed info about ships. As old fan of Wing Commander 4,Tie Fighter,X-Wing and Freelancer products i'm so much into Galactic Starfighter :rak_03:

Wish nice week for everyone @ Bioware and thanks for Bioware for recent Galactic Starfighter Twitch Stream where some nice Bioware crew were awesome. Be safe Bioware crew and ty for Swtor :) Also nice week for all Swtor fans and enjoy Gree and Life Day event and stay safe =)

Kind regards: Terry :mon_cool:

The Imps are spreading misinformation about Life Day, no surprise there. :rolleyes: I've got a Wookiee as a member of my crew, and he said this is untrue. However, he did give me an informative Holo-vid about Life Day.

(Watch if you dare!)

(In all honesty, I got a good laugh out of this. Props to whomever wrote this. Really looking forward to Life Day/Return of the Gree tomorrow!)

Holy crap! That is the most awesomely bad thing I have ever seen!

Im sure I watched this when I was a kid (as I saw the original movie in the theater and was hooked from day one) but I have no memory of it. And watching it now I can see why lol.

You'll have to forgive me, but they added this crap to Lotro and I found it infinitely turgid. It actually contributed to me leaving that game. That said, their effort at RP'ing this from the Empire pov is good.

"Event vendors" and lame seasonal minigames are the bane of my mmo life...

Stand around in a banahl 'festive outfit" in public areas throwing snowballs, 'virtually singing songs' and playing mock instruments will likely result in me reporting myself as a suicide risk.

I know its a virtual world but for me, this crap is a step way over the crazy cliff.

Edited by scaramunja

A clever, and fun, blog entry. Nicely done!

I got a Sleigh 1 for my BH after spending some time in a fair-sized snowball fight on Fleet. Now, my BH has a ride full of wrapped packages to deliver terror ... I mean, toooys, yeah, toys to the marks, er, recipients on her bounty, no, her gift list. Yeah! it'll be a Life Day they'll never forget. ;)

For the Empire (and the credits, a Bounty Hunter has to make a living).

I didn't see anywhere else to leave opinions about this event, so I suppose this is the place to do it:

*I am totally underwhelmed by this event. You guys could have done so many cool things, but you did not. Am I glad to see that you guys are finally doing something for holidays -- yes. But, this is not the way to do it. The snowflakes after a while become very annoying, & frankly are not fun in the slightest bit. You guys could have opened up another area on Hoth or Illum where actual snow ball fights could have occurred (like paint ball or something). There were no missions or anything -- lazy development. Aside from Sleigh 1....this event is a waist.

*The Gree event is back, and as always it is solid.......but it's the same event I've ran trough four times already. Heck, I'll even give you guys credit for putting in some new items.....but for the most part they aren't very good. I really like the Gree rest item, however, on my Vanguard it does not refill his ammo -- looks cool though. Also, what's up with all these spears!?! They all the look the same, stop re-skinning things!! I have 100+ helixes on some toons. Give me something to spend them on!!

Over all grade: C-

PS: Nice work on adding the Voice Over to the Xeno fight....that was a nice touch.

I love these little RP things from the devs, well done.

How ironic that throwing snowballs on the fleet is the furthest thing from RP in this IP you can get. Star Wars is becoming the poster boy on how to ruin what once was a deep and interesting IP thanks to its very own creator.

Wow, I used to be such a fan of the IP, and loved this game - having to log in every day to at least do something. Now, my enthusiasm has vanished faster than Obi-Wan getting sliced with a lightsaber.

well I like the event i was able to get like 20 packages in hour, and had left over grey helix from last event , so i was able to get the top speeder later after getting the other 16, when I first heard abut having to buy the snowball ability,i thought it was 1k per shot(like tauntaum) I was glad i was wrong.(and if it had i would have skipped the event) right now im sitting at 42 packages out of 100 needed for the achivement, so i should be good to go in a few days on that . I would rate this event about a 3 out of 4, little grindy but a fun grind. and plenty of time to get the 100

I'm sure it does, Princess.

GR-1NC4? LMAO.

Hey, devs......can we have Imperial edict "LM-AO" for April Fools Day?

The CS jokes are okay, but the in-game ones are hilarious.

The one shot attack that the Archon uses?

The Channel says "I'm charging ma Lazor!"

Now that made me almost wish I hadn't killed that Hutt.

Just for information:

The snowballs do not have to be used on just players. You can use them on NPC (person or animals) and still get the parcels. This is for the ones that don't like to throw snowflakes on individuals but want the achievement.

Just an idea.

This is an improvement from last year when there was nothing for Life Day. All they did was stuff in the cartel shop so even though there is room for improvement at least this is better than what was here last year especially to those that have been wanting something for Life Day.

Have a good day.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Just for information:

The snowballs do not have to be used on just players. You can use them on NPC (person or animals) and still get the parcels. This is for the ones that don't like to throw snowflakes on individuals but want the achievement.

Have a good day.

But....but....I LIKE trolling people with snow!

My only real problem with this even is that I'm not sure I'll be able to get anything from it. I mean I managed to get to newcomer status with the Gree just last night and got the 16 gray helix and the 36 snowballs only to see that i need Champion status even at the Master of Ceremony at the fleet.

I probably won't make it to Champion before next week because I missed a few days in he start of the event and the limitation on reputation per week. So at then end I will have parcels and Gray Helix useless on me because the Master of Ceremonies will be gone, even if I managed to get enough reputation items to level to champion the week after...

I'm so glad that they are finally selling speeders at the cost of no credits or cartel coins. Though collecting enough snow-covered parcels can be time-consuming. Even though I got enough in a day :D. I also like the chance to "bomb" people with snow balls.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:wea_07::wea_09::wea_13:

@Mal-Nyewalker: Grey helixes come as rewards for doing the heroics during the Gree event on Ilum and/or killing Xeno II operation boss during the Gree event. You cannot just find them somewhere. And now the event probably is offline again for a couple of months (haven't been in the game today to check it).

@Mal-Nyewalker: Grey helixes come as rewards for doing the heroics during the Gree event on Ilum and/or killing Xeno II operation boss during the Gree event. You cannot just find them somewhere. And now the event probably is offline again for a couple of months (haven't been in the game today to check it).

okay thank you so much for the info i have been away from the game for 3 months due to not having a computer so i missed the first 3 weeks of the gree event.

Its annoying that when I read this article it footnotes it saying the event runs until 1st of January. Here I am on the 1st of January ready to run my last few snowballs and collect my rewards and I find it has finished. Looking at the community page I see there is a Special Events page hidden away somewhere on the site that gives the finish time as being 10am GMT!!

I don't believe that it was made very clear either that the vendor would not be around after that date so that you could cash in the snowballs you had collected like you can with the Gree Vendors.

As a side note its also a pain in the butt that the timing of these events seem to favour the American players. recently we had 2xp weekend extended to include thanksgiving however in this event while a lot of Europeans would not be back to work until Monday 6th the DEVS decide to conclude the event effectively on New Years Eve.

It seems that when you DO try and participate fully in these Events you are kicked in the nuts by missing oddly timed deadlines. Developers comments welcome if you are reading.