Once you marry your companion that's it?

Haiken

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, I have maxxed Nadia grells affection and she has sent me a few letters with some gifts expressing her love and hopes one day we can get married and have kids. Have i shafted my chances to marry her, cause she doesn't seem to want to speak to me further??

Just wondering, I have maxxed Nadia grells affection and she has sent me a few letters with some gifts expressing her love and hopes one day we can get married and have kids. Have i shafted my chances to marry her, cause she doesn't seem to want to speak to me further??

If she is sending you ltters that means that you have hit the end of her companion conversations. If you didn't select the marriage choice in the appropriate dialogue, then you currently do not have any way to get hitched. As they expand companion content, they may add another marriage dialogue, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Darth Wedding Planner FTW.

I find your lack of matching aisle runners and chair-backs disturbing.

I laughed so hard at this. Thanks for cheering me up a little. :)

As far as romancing Mako goes, I found it kinda cool how it all happened.

"We're professionals, we can't - *kiss* - ...I take it all back"

As well as her comment that she hacked into the Republic and Imperial databases and put a marriage entry in for her and my character. And then hacked the top ten Holonet sites and covered them with hearts.

And that all happens on the bridge with a view of the stars. If you haven't already, try out the Male BH romance. Or try the female one with Torian, I wonder how that one goes.

What level do you get to marry vette? cuz ive got 10000/10000 affection and shes stopped talking.

Pretty much at the start of act 3, that's when I married Elara any way. Though, I hope they add the option to Jaxo, I mean that choice is hard, they should reward me in some way.

I want all of the same things that has already been said but there might be a problem that stops the companion from having new random lines and more cut scenes etc..... The voice actors.

I hope Bioware/Lucas arts had them all sign contracts that would have them continue providing the voices for our characters and companions. I love Corso Riggs' voice ad i would be disappointed if more content came out and it was a different voice actor.

I want all of the same things that has already been said but there might be a problem that stops the companion from having new random lines and more cut scenes etc..... The voice actors.

I hope Bioware/Lucas arts had them all sign contracts that would have them continue providing the voices for our characters and companions. I love Corso Riggs' voice ad i would be disappointed if more content came out and it was a different voice actor.

I'll get married to 1 of my companions right after Tatooine freezes over!!

1 wife complaining that I spend too much time online is enough. I don't need a companion complaining that "we don't talk anymore" because I'm spending "too much time" with my alt!

So - "Once you marry your companion that it?" If you don't know, you're obviously single. ;)

I hope Corso's voice actor knows just how popular he really is! So I hope he returns!!

I know that Bioware already had plans for future EPs and I expected they already made arrangements for the actors to come back.

Although, I'd definitly take a different voice actor for more romance quests than NONE at all! :mad:

Witcher 2 is a good game and I think the sex scenes helped it. They should just verify ages and give the children and people with morals the black screen sex scenes. I really think it would instantly increase the popularity of the game and make the companion relationships feel more real.

I’d like to see, how my other companions would react on my romantic relationships. I have an IA, that had married Vector, and it is strange, that nobody on the ship didn’t notice anything. I believe some of my companions would react really funny, for example Dc. Lokin will surely try to make our couple some kind of an experiment for his studies.

I hope BioWare won’t just add “after marriage” daily quests, but will continue the storyline with all the companions. There are many ways how to develop the relationship in your crew, and I can’t wait to see, how it will proceed. :)

Maybe if she were to send a piece of moddable gear that you could continue to wear, maybe a bracer or headband, it would actually be good to get and use her gift.

That would be a sweet option actually. "!I made this bracers/Headband for you to wear and think of me", in lieu of an engagement ring.

I hope BioWare won’t just add “after marriage” daily quests, but will continue the storyline with all the companions. There are many ways how to develop the relationship in your crew, and I can’t wait to see, how it will proceed. :)

Well i hope they add more story, sure, but a Daily to chat (and maybe kiss) your partner for, lets say a very small buff, would be cool.

Edited by Kheldras

They definitely need to add more to the companions interactions. I'm hoping they'll do what they did in Dragon Age: Origins and allow you to interact with them at least, even just for basic dialogue options & romance stuff, if for nothing more than to prevent you from being completely shut out from your companions.

Perhaps something like this:

If romanced an occasional (or related to more gifts/affection gained even beyond max) .1) some flirt scenes/options. 2) random poking fun of other companions/options 3) of course, what everyone wants; but too chick**** to say... more sex scene options.

I'd really like the DA:O option you had of just a random 3 second cut scene of "hug him/her" or "kiss him/her".

I used to love hitting the end of a really grueling battle in DA:O and then running up to snog my character's LI. Ditto if I happened to let them fall in combat. Kinda like 'honey you're alive!! *smooch*' lol.

It just adds a little more depth to the relationship between the characters. And it would be funny as hell if you are in a group lol. I could just imagine my partners characters LI (Yes he caved in to bioware's evil ways and romanced his sith warrior lol) pulling a face when I run up to Andronikos covered in blood and gore and snog him senseless in front of everyone! I hear Malavai is a little straight laced *snerk* rofl. :D

It may be a small thing, but I think that Nadia should have been relocated to my room on the ship when we got married.

What I would really love to see with companions is to go back to their worlds and have a decent length questline all about them. When you choose an option, your choosing as if your companion was your character.

The quests would involve whatever the particular companions story arc is and having something to do with whatever gifts they love/favorite

(for example with Nadia - To go to different high level areas and recover her home worlds cultural artifacts. The cut scenes would be big into her home worlds past and her family past. Depending where you are in the relationship, some scenes could be about your future together be it friends or married.)

Maybe I just haven't payed close enough attention, but I would really like to find out more about past of my companions and where they all really came from. you get snipits here and there, but them saying something to you on your ship is boring and easily forgettable. Now going off and doing a quest that tells you even a little about the companions past/family/home world just sticks in my memory and really has that feeling of knowing who they are.

I want to have Andronikos babies soo F***en bad!!!

It may be a small thing, but I think that Nadia should have been relocated to my room on the ship when we got married.

What I would really love to see with companions is to go back to their worlds and have a decent length questline all about them. When you choose an option, your choosing as if your companion was your character.

The quests would involve whatever the particular companions story arc is and having something to do with whatever gifts they love/favorite

(for example with Nadia - To go to different high level areas and recover her home worlds cultural artifacts. The cut scenes would be big into her home worlds past and her family past. Depending where you are in the relationship, some scenes could be about your future together be it friends or married.)

Maybe I just haven't payed close enough attention, but I would really like to find out more about past of my companions and where they all really came from. you get snipits here and there, but them saying something to you on your ship is boring and easily forgettable. Now going off and doing a quest that tells you even a little about the companions past/family/home world just sticks in my memory and really has that feeling of knowing who they are.

I agree having full quest lines just about them would be awesome! I'm very big companions and romancing relationships.

Edited by Darth_Aureus

I was wondering if there was anything that was a permanent rejection. My main had started flirting with Doc, but at one joint I chose the LS response and my character basically chewed him out and he said there were other girls out there.

I had other quests with him but never again a flirt option.

He's 10000/10000 now and I'm level 50 and finished the class quests to the end.

Bioware already said they have huge plans for companions and relationships, but only so much could be added now at launch, Soon same sex relationships and so on will also be added, As of now a few options are in but not explorable at the moment. More will be comming, Just dont rush.

Rushing was the fall of DC Universe online, had awesome content but everyone was end game in a month or two and slowly left the game after doing all the raids, Take ya time, explore other Class stories and so on, see the other companions out there ^.^. DOnt rush the game, Lets enjoy the experience and keep things alive, Lets not get to the point where we are threatening to leave unless bioware gives content now.

>_> Yeah er... didnt mean to hijack the topic with my mini rant ^.^; I just wanna romance Mako

same sex relationships in this game i dont think so... thatll be the day this game dies and we move on lol.

I hope they'll add more romance and companions content soon! Like daily quests, or more interaction with your romanced companion..

i also agree with Droidist, they should change what your romanced companion says when you want to talk while questing, exploring etc.. because it's the sames responses as when you meet her/him, like nothing is different.

I agree with this. With my trooper, I even got more love notes from Jorgan than I did with Iresso on my sage. At least Iresso in a class quest acknowledged our relationship.

Agree, there should be a bit more interaction with your companion but it must not be a must for the players who dont like it they can skip it or tell to go away.

and i really hope some dialogs will be added extra, and/or options to redo previous conversations to set a relation straight again.

Holo cut scenes on the ship's holoprojector like a captain's log of past class/companion stories, a change in canned responses after a marriage has taken place, different kinds of interactions/conversations on the ship with married companions, being in casual clothes on the ship, a "hug" option at the end of a long day, etc., etc.... these are all excellent ideas! :)

Someone who's been involved in the thread should go to the general discussion's "Suggestion Box" with a compilation of them. I started one along a similar vein yesterday. Got zero responses lol. We need to get our wants out there for future updates/expansions :)

There definitely needs to be a daily interaction option of some sort. The fact that there isn't basically invalidates everything that came before.

indeed, casual dates, sneaking cuddle times in, even DA style banter of your other crew member's reaction to your hook ups, would really add to the backstory. i really liked dr. lokin's arc as im a vector fangirl, and it was nice seeing him get a bromance with someone ( even if he was just a gunea pig lol)

hell, i dont even know if im still married to him really

after voss, i partook in the wedding night, and while vector didnt have any negative affection, i still kinda married and did another guy...i mean come on the poor kid's "dad" just died because of me, i had to do some charity lovin. then again, no news is good news.

i also play a lot of harvest moon games, which rely heavy on romance sim aspect of every day life on a farm. Just little things would be nice, like having your spouse hang out in your room, more detailed conversations about your character's backstories, maybe a darn hug and whatnot. i don't NEED graphic love scenes, thats what fanartists are for lol ( and my imagination :jawa_angel: )

different dialogue would be cool too, or even mechanical aspects, like a rage mode if your low health ( tho that would be exploitable)

why does this remind me of all the talks i have with my REAL bf about how i need more affection, and talks, and time together with him -.-;