View Single Post

AdjeYo
01.20.2018 , 04:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
They stated the reason for the change was they wanted to remove clipping as it's effects were unintended [which is BS, why the hell else would the spec need a +30% alacrity bonus which is an insane amount of alacrity] despite the fact it had gone through three entire metas that way and they never said a word about clipping. There is no way they didn't know clipping was going on for 4 years. - Regardless, the reason being clipping was what was sited.
This is not entirely accurate, I'm pretty sure they tried to address it before. Remember the whole "Gore is on the global cooldown now" and how that went down
Quote:
So how do they get rid of clipping effects? They leave the ability to clip exactly like always, you can still clip. Brilliant reasoning there. Not only do they leave clipping, they take an attack away from the non-berserk ferocity window even thought you didn't need to clip it in the first place.

3 instant attacks, a 3 second ferocity window. Even I can do that math and I'm a total moron.
Well considering the game has a global cooldow of 1.5s per ability it seems the intent was pretty clearly to be able to buff two attacks (remember the ability was made long before alacrity reduced the duration of the global cooldown). For better or worse the ability is probably closer to its original intent now, the only problem is it makes the spec lose any sort of urgency and momentum. You can just use a saber strike during your ferocity window since the stacks won't be consumed by it anyways which does kill the idea of the spec a bit.

As for all the alacrity well that's clearly a relic of the old Ravage as it was intended as a way to fit Ravage and another ability in a window, it was never intended to get a third attack in the ferocity window.