Future Content...

Malckiah

Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

1) class story ( Also like to re-run class story for endgame for rewards as well)

2) housing (I dont care if its instanced, a house or decorate my ship)

3) More flashpoints. My guild doesnt really do ops anymore so i have to group for fp's and i find they are enjoyable.)

4)ops

5)pve space (although i am looking forward to pvp space coming up.

PVP isnt on my priorty list because im not a big fan of how it is in this game at the moment

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, but to have this x 8 is just insane overkill

Which is exactly what I love about this game. Sounds way more awesome than "safe, prudent moderation."

Bioware had a pretty good run of being able, somehow, to devote way more resources to a game than they reasonably should have been able to get away with. BGII was like that. DA:O felt like that to me, at least. SWTOR, of course, is the climax - the biggest example, and maybe the last. I suppose that kind of thing can't go on forever, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it while it lasts.

Having said that...

BW,

Revisit your stance on Class Stories. Forget the old model. Come up with a smaller more focused additions on a periodic basis (not all class stories need to be augmented at the same time).

That sounds good to me. I go through content so slowly that if they released it in small chunks, I might never even notice. Personally I'd prefer all classes to be updated in unison, but I could live with one at a time.

There is no way they could release one class story at a time without floods of rage that someone's class didn't get an update. There are people who only play 1 class. And even for those who have picked, lets say 3 classes... if one of those 3 isn't focused first....RAGE.

I see no reason why they can't have a real expansion where they add 1 more chapter for each class. In reality that is very little voice over work per class.

In fact: Expansion Idea:

1. Add 1 more chapter for each class.

2. Add a new planet or two

3. 2 new playable races

.... and a huge list of small stuff to make it look massive.... speeders, new companions, etc.

Then advertise it like crazy, sell the boxes for whatever the going rate for a good expansion goes for these days. They could do this every other year and do small free expansions and patches in between.

Flood of rage reason is not a valid reason IMO. Releasing changes and content to parts of the population is standard fare for MMOs, and the chance of an extension to class stories, as opposed to no chance would not be ill received IMO.

I expect they are looking at Makeb like extensions, and it seems folks are not wanting that...the question is, will they accept short story arc extensions that might be one class at a time, because that might be the only way it can happen.

Its over 300 now, looks like class stories is the big leader so far, PVP the one at the rear of the pack. That is not surprising to me.

I just wonder if class stories, planets and minigames will remain the top three when it hits 400 or 500 votes.

It's why I'm in favor of them doing it DLC style, alongside the regular patches rather than "instead" of them.

It is something that is expensive and takes up a lot of resources, so ideally it'd be a separate team working on it like with the Cartel Market team.

I'm also pretty much resigned to accepting that's wishful thinking and it's a risk they'll never take.

Yes. They should get some extra dev team to make story packs sold as Makeb was. :[

Class Stories - Please work on Chapter 4 and beyond. Pretty please?

Companions - This would go along with continuation of class stories.

Planets - New planets! I want to go somewhere new.

Customization Options - Especially for non-human races. Poor Cathar really got ripped off here. They have like 5 hair options., and all the hair options are stolen from the Zabrak. Really?

Playable Races - Give us Togruta and Nautolans, please!

Flood of rage reason is not a valid reason IMO. Releasing changes and content to parts of the population is standard fare for MMOs, and the chance of an extension to class stories, as opposed to no chance would not be ill received IMO.

I expect they are looking at Makeb like extensions, and it seems folks are not wanting that...the question is, will they accept short story arc extensions that might be one class at a time, because that might be the only way it can happen.

Its over 300 now, looks like class stories is the big leader so far, PVP the one at the rear of the pack. That is not surprising to me.

I just wonder if class stories, planets and minigames will remain the top three when it hits 400 or 500 votes.

I dont think the population as a whole would accept the one class at a time expansion but thats just my opinion. I can just see the rage from here when its not their class content being pushed out

Both of those would feel like a major step back from SWTOR. They "work" in TSW because that's how it always was... but to suddenly have your character become a mute and have no option to respond to people would be horrible.

I can't help but think of how Saint's Row 2 made fun of that when one of your gang buddies is talking about the good old days said something to the effect of.. "You sure didn't talk much back then...."

/Agree.

There is absolutely no doubt that for many many players SWTORs approach to storyline Missions has put the hurt on every other MMO. Heck, it's even put the hurt on itself with respect to Class Story Missions. They are so popular that players really cannot get enough of them.

Yes. They should get some extra dev team to make story packs sold as Makeb was. :[

Given the popularity demonstrated by this poll, I agree with you.

BTW.. for all we know they may being doing this, or have plans for doing it. They do have a reputation for being quiet and then jumping out from behind a rock with a surprise for the players. They have done this several times now.

Given the popularity demonstrated by this poll, I agree with you.

BTW.. for all we know they may being doing this, or have plans for doing it. They do have a reputation for being quiet and then jumping out from behind a rock with a surprise for the players. They have done this several times now.

When did this happen exactly?

At this point.. it looks like the numbers have settled in to statistical stability. By that I mean that while players continue to vote the poll, the numbers have only changed marginally since we passed 200 players voting.

So I think we can see where the forum membership stands collectively at this point.

That said.. I encourage members who have not voted to vote. The total number of respondents helps demonstrate to Bioware the sincerity of the forum members on the topic.. even if it really does not result in much difference in the % results by category.

Edited by Andryah

When did this happen exactly?

Collections. Bang.. nobody saw that coming and it is one of the more innovative and popular features in the game.

Dyes. Bang.. much wanted sure.....but nobody saw it coming until they announced it shortly before patch.

Tauntaun mounts. Bang. Much wanted and craved... yet nothing but silence from Bioware until shortly before they patch them in. Same with Varactyls. In fact.. this is a general approach by them with respect to mounts.

Space project. Much anticipated, much wanted, yet.. bang.. much different then anyone thought and came with relatively little notice into 2.5

There are more. But I think I have made my point. They keep things like this on the down low.. and then pop up with it and catch us by surprise as a player base. The silence approach pisses players off.. but the surprise factor generally results in good feelings when they pop.

Edited by Andryah

Collections. Bang.. nobody saw that coming and it is one of the more innovative and popular features in the game.

Dyes. Bang.. much wanted sure.....but nobody saw it coming until they announced it shortly before patch.

Space project. Much anticipated, much wanted, yet.. bang.. much different then anyone thought and came with relatively little notice into 2.5

I wouldn't call the first two "content" quite on par with a new daily area for instance, let alone have it compared with the kind of stuff people actually want to begin with, concerning the subject at hand.

Concerning the Space Project, you're wrong, since everyone knew they had something in the works for quite some time now.

There are more. But I think I have made my point.

No, you haven't.

Collections was pretty surprising. The SSSP coming out this soon was also surprising(no one took "very far off in the future" to mean, within 1 year).

Again, the Collections system can hardly qualify as playable content I'd say or at the very least, the kind of stuff people are craving for in this topic. Take a look at the poll if you please.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I wouldn't call the first two "content" quite on par with a new daily area for instance, let alone have it compared with the kind of stuff people actually want to begin with, concerning the subject at hand.

Concerning the Space Project, you're wrong, since everyone knew they had something in the works for quite some time now.

No, you haven't.

1) I did not specify "content". you projected your own bias right there. And as we all know, one persons "content" is another persons "non-content". Collections revolutionized how content is used. It's an outstanding QoL feature for players that nobody saw coming.

2) Most objective players would look you in the eye and tell you that you are wrong. But it's your opinion.. so you are entitled to cling to it. Sorry to hear the game makes you unhappy.

Edited by Andryah

Again, the Collections system can hardly qualify as playable content I'd say or at the very least, the kind of stuff people are craving for in this topic. Take a look at the poll if you please.

While I suppose you might argue that events are unpopular because they aren't on the poll either(except as possibly other), the chevin event and the rakghoul event had very little lead up to them. The Macrobinoculars and seeker droid missions, while you might also consider them niche, were also something not expected by the player base.

Most objective players would look you in the eye and tell you that you are wrong. But it's your opinion.. so you are entitled to cling to it.

I fail to see why. Last I checked, both the collections and dye systems are NOT playable content, nor are they related in any shape or form with the kind of stuff that drives this thread to begin with.

So, I ask again... When exactly Bioware surprised anyone, concerning the stuff that is driving this thread to begin with? Class storylines, companion expansions, new planets and so forth?

SSSP was known for a serious while now, as I mentioned already and Makeb, well... People didn't know the name but it was known as the Gay Planet for a while as well.

If you have to make point, just do it. No need to try and circumvent it really.

Sorry to hear the game makes you unhappy.

I have sixteen level 55's, plus other 6 characters, in the Red Eclipse alone. It is FAIRLY obvious the game makes me unhappy. :rolleyes:

My comment about them surprising players had nothing whatsoever to do with this poll. ;) The comment was to highlight that they DO SURPRISE the player base. You seem dug into the bias that they don't. Fine.. live with your bias. I'll live happily with the surprises that come.

While I suppose you might argue that events are unpopular because they aren't on the poll either(except as possibly other), the chevin event and the rakghoul event had very little lead up to them. The Macrobinoculars and seeker droid missions, while you might also consider them niche, were also something not expected by the player base.

Again, when I say surprised the fanbase, I refer to the kind of content that people are actively asking for in this thread, namely new planets, new class storylines, companions expansion and so forth.

Again, when I say surprised the fanbase, I refer to the kind of content that people are actively asking for in this thread, namely new planets, new class storylines, companions expansion and so forth.

Hrrmmm? IIRC you challenged Andryah's statement that Bioware has a history of surprising the player base. Why are we now restricting things to Bioware surprising the player base with content specifically demanded in this thread?(which is irrelevant to a premise that Bioware has a history of surprising the player base).

I have sixteen level 55's, plus other 6 characters, in the Red Eclipse alone. It is FAIRLY obvious the game makes me unhappy. :rolleyes:

Actually, your comments about Collections not being content and not being a surprise release to players is very indicative of a jaded player IMO. If you don't like Collections, fine. If you consider it NOT content, fine. But don't pretend that it is not popular, and was not a surprise release.

Your number of 55s is irrelevant. We see unhappy players posting in the forums every day. Why? I have no idea... but it's each players choice.

hrrmmm? Iirc you challenged andryah's statement that bioware has a history of surprising the player base. Why are we now restricting things to bioware surprising the player base with content specifically demanded in this thread?(which is irrelevant to a premise that bioware has a history of surprising the player base).

+1 :)

The FACT that they do surprise players with released features that players love simply indicates that my statement is true.

NOW.. if you want to tunnel vision on the poll categories.. then my statement still has relevance. Given their history with surprises.. it is very likely that at least one category on the poll magically pops down the road for players with little advance notice and to much player delight. BAM!! That's what a surprise is.

Why don't you just be honest and state that they are not releasing the content you want at the pace you want. IMO, that is your core issue.

Edited by Andryah

My comment about them surprising players had nothing whatsoever to do with this poll. ;)The comment was to highlight that they DO SURPRISE the player base. You seem dug into the bias that they don't. Fine.. live with your bias. I'll live happily with the surprises that come.

I find it hard to believe that most people will actually find surprising the fact that Bioware will try to come up with new ways to increase revenue, particularly on a very short-term basis.

That's not surprising but rather EXPECTED really.

Also, the only bias here is your own, since instead of actually addressing the subject, you just try to circumvent it, repeatedly I might add.

Hrrmmm? IIRC you challenged Andryah's statement that Bioware has a history of surprising the player base. Why are we now restricting things to Bioware surprising the player base with content specifically demanded in this thread?(which is irrelevant to a premise that Bioware has a history of surprising the player base).

As I said already, coming up with features aimed at increasing Bioware's revenue is NOT surprising, but rather expected.

Actually, your comments about Collections not being content and not being a surprise release to players is very indicative of a jaded player IMO. If you don't like Collections, fine. If you consider it NOT content, fine. But don't pretend that it is not popular, and was not a surprise release.

I use collections fairly often but again, you're mixing things up. One last time...

Coming up with new ways to increase the game's revenue is NOT SURPRISING but rather EXPECTED, especially after the stuff the game went through, when it first came out.

Your number of 55s is irrelevant. We see unhappy players posting in the forums every day. Why? I have no idea... but it's each players choice.

I find it kinda relevant, since if I was unhappy with the game, I would have stopped playing it a long time ago. Also, last I checked, I haven't criticized the game, but rather your assessment of something that doesn't actually EXIST.

There hasn't been any surprise element thus far, not even concerning most of the PvE content we've been getting, since it's been consistent with the leaks from over a year(!!!) ago.