Where is all this cash coming from?

GavinBail

I see items on the GTN for 10 million. How does one go about getting anything like this amount of cash? I've been level 55 for a couple of weeks and I think my best day of trying to get cash was something like 250K. Do some people just save up for a month or two or am I missing some major source of income? It is from Opps or Fps? I am on at odd times so I have mostly been playing solo.

I see items on the GTN for 10 million. How does one go about getting anything like this amount of cash? I've been level 55 for a couple of weeks and I think my best day of trying to get cash was something like 250K. Do some people just save up for a month or two or am I missing some major source of income? It is from Opps or Fps? I am on at odd times so I have mostly been playing solo.

I don't know about anyone else, but I buy my credits from Chinese gold farmers :eek:

In all seriousness, there are several ways of doing so. You can farm dailes. Pick up Armormech, Synthweaving, Armstech, Artifice, or Slicing and earn credits by selling mats, or whatever you decide to craft. You can also use your monthly cartel coin allowance and buy cartel packs and sell everything you get in them, or you can buy hypercrates with RL money and sell those items as well. I'm sure there are other ways, but those seem to be the most popular.

If you're looking for crafting guides, just go to the crafting forum and look around for tips.

Wealth generating wealth....

Many people have several level 55s. Each daily /weekly pays lots of credits - Oricon (for instance) weekly takes about 30-40 mins and nets about 100K - Do that on 5 toons and there's a half milion there - If you're on at odd times, hoover up all the lockboxes as well. - Wandering around killing mobs and scavenging the mats from nodes, dead droids and critters can also be profitable.

If you've CCs to spend, buy the crates of stuff and sell on - or open and sell on after the cooldown....

It's all matter of patience - Everyone started with 0 credits... We all had to do something to gain our milions - some work the GTN, some craft, some run dailies endlessly..... Whatever suits your play style. - Though the best way to get 10 million is to save and not spend on frippery like 10Million credit chairs!

Edited by Storm-Cutter

The easiest source of income at level 55 is running dailies. Belsavis, Section X, Ilum, Black Hole, Oricon, Makeb, CZ (am I missing anything?)

Some of these have a better rate of return than others. I haven't run dailies in a while, so someone else could speak to this. But I believe you can make 100K-200K per hour running dailies.

The biggest downside is that it is a repeatable line of quests that can get boring super quickly, as it's the same thing every time. The alternative is crafting. At level 55, some of things that sell well include Biochem stims / adrenals / medpacks, Synthweaving and Armormech augments, and MK-9 Augmentation Kits. This is by no means everything at this level, just some of the more common things.

In addition to this, there is a thriving market in low-to-mid-range gear. Level 10-40 blues (and sometimes purples) are in demand and sell well. They just require the initial investment of learning the schematics, which can take a while.

The high-end crafting of grade 34 gear isn't the easiest route to make money. Partly because the schematics are hard to come by, but mostly because the raw materials are so rare that for the most part they are almost (if not more) valuable than the finished product itself.

Hope this helps.

It's an old game and there are A LOT of people who have been at level 55 for a year or more, who've had nothing better to do than accumulate daily 500k for the past year - 2 years.

Crafters, traders, and cartel market resellers will price the rare stuff they get according to the available pool of money out there. They know that some people are rich like that, and will price items accordingly. Typically you see rare speeders or mounts priced in that range, and it's because the cartel pack they came from has been discontinued.

Also, some prices ARE ridiculous. Stuff that sells for the 10-20 million for a single item is probably not going to sell; nothing prevents the guy from listing it at 1 Billion if he wants to, it just won't sell.

Many people have several level 55s. Each daily /weekly pays lots of credits - Oricon (for instance) weekly takes about 30-40 mins and nets about 100K - Do that on 5 toons and there's a half milion there - If you're on at odd times, hoover up all the lockboxes as well. - Wandering around killing mobs and scavenging the mats from nodes, dead droids and critters can also be profitable.

If you've CCs to spend, buy the crates of stuff and sell on - or open and sell on after the cooldown....

It's all matter of patience - Everyone started with 0 credits... We all had to do something to gain our milions - some work the GTN, some craft, some run dailies endlessly..... Whatever suits your play style. - Though the best way to get 10 million is to save and not spend on frippery like 10Million credit chairs!

oricon takes 20 minutes to solo it

Also the cartel market has been influencing the prices in a way. People can generate cash by selling the rare items found in packs.

But besides this its not that hard to make cash in this game. With a little effort I made 200k per day selling materials at GTN.

Crafting dreadforged implants for a fee also works nice. My guildy accidentally reversed his implant while he was mass reversing (yes very stupid of him I know :p), he got lucky, got the schem and made a lot of cash in a relative small time.

oricon takes 20 minutes to solo it

You need to be geared very, very well before that.

The high-end crafting of grade 34 gear isn't the easiest route to make money. Partly because the schematics are hard to come by, but mostly because the raw materials are so rare that for the most part they are almost (if not more) valuable than the finished product itself.

Hope this helps.

But you have to get the materials and the recipes in the first place. Which is quite difficult for lower-level characters, for example.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

You need to be geared very, very well before that.

You're given a full set of 156 gear the first time you run Oricon. The next time you run it as dailies, you now have plenty of gear to run it quickly.

But you have to get the materials and the recipes in the first place. Which is quite difficult for lower-level characters, for example.

I think you misread what I wrote. In the part of my post that you quoted, I said it ISN'T the easiest way to make money.

Edited by Khevar

You're given a full set of 156 gear the first time you run Oricon. The next time you run it as dailies, you now have plenty of gear to run it quickly.

Ummm... No, no you don't. Not solo. Oricon was specifically designed for group play. 156 gear is fine for most of it, but the elite bosses require a bit more if you hope to solo it.

Crafting mostly. Like someone else said, alot of people have had several toons at level cap for more than a year.

All those alts gather mats cheaper than GTN prices which I convert into gear people need.

NOT spending money on the latest Cartel speeder, gear or pet also helps.

Ummm... No, no you don't. Not solo. Oricon was specifically designed for group play. 156 gear is fine for most of it, but the elite bosses require a bit more if you hope to solo it.

Even the Heroic can be solo'ed in 156's easily enough if you play your class correctly. What are you talking about?

Even the Heroic can be solo'ed in 156's easily enough if you play your class correctly. What are you talking about?

Of course stealth can do the heroic solo. I'd love to see you thread past groups of mobs solo with a non-stealth class. I smell a troll.

Only the Herioc 2+ was designed for Group play. You can tell, because the name says "2+" in it.

The REST of Oricon was designed to be done solo.

As a matter of fact, I did it completely solo (less the Heroic) on my brand new Commando a few days ago, wearing 156 gear. And by "solo" I mean no companion out at all.

The Heroic, on the other hand, I wasn't able to do (even with a companion out) until I got better gear.

Edited by Khevar

As a matter of fact, I did it completely solo (less the Heroic) on my brand new Commando a few days ago, wearing 156 gear. And by "solo" I mean no companion out at all.

The Heroic, on the other hand, I wasn't able to do (even with a companion out) until I got better gear.

Quite so, same with me. I can't do the heroic, but I can solo Oricon on any class in Makeb gear with a healing Makeb-geared companion. Slower than 20 minutes, definitely, but it's nice and soloable.

Speaking of dailies, Czerka's soloable from level 51 in Makeb gear, though it's much easier from level 53. It's a definite 15-minute run and it will net you ~40k.

I think creds are not easy to come by, but you can get a hundred thousand a day or so via crafting, if you know what brings you(you, personally) money on GTN. Purple hilts, purple barrels, stims, adrenals, augments, armor mods, companion gifts, mats - everyone wants these. Heck, just get to level 20, tour Nar Shaddaa and sell Chanlon and Genetic anomalies.

Heck, just get to level 20, tour Nar Shaddaa and sell Chanlon and Genetic anomalies.

I know, right???

It's truly amazing to me how in-demand low level materials can be. I think what happens is, if you just run the gathering missions with your companion, they have a large chance to return one type of mat (e.g. Bronzium), and a tiny chance to return the other type of mat (e.g. Chanlon), making them pretty rare.

I ran out of Laminoid over the weekend, so I checked the GTN and most of them were listed at over 1100 credits EACH! A grade 1 mat! Which is funny considering there are a bunch of silver droids and scavenging nodes just outside of Dromund Kaas that can be farmed for Laminoid.

I know, right???

It's truly amazing to me how in-demand low level materials can be. I think what happens is, if you just run the gathering missions with your companion, they have a large chance to return one type of mat (e.g. Bronzium), and a tiny chance to return the other type of mat (e.g. Chanlon), making them pretty rare.

I ran out of Laminoid over the weekend, so I checked the GTN and most of them were listed at over 1100 credits EACH! A grade 1 mat! Which is funny considering there are a bunch of silver droids and scavenging nodes just outside of Dromund Kaas that can be farmed for Laminoid.

It doesn't take me very long to mow my yard, and it's rather simple to do...but I have better stuff to do...so I pay someone to do it.

See how that works?

Most people don't want to do the tedious and monotonous stuff in game, so they pay someone else to do it.

I learned a long time ago, in real life and in game, that the best way to make money was to find out what people NEED and give it to them. The easiest way to make money is to find out what people WANT and give it to them. The same principles hold true in this game.

It doesn't take me very long to mow my yard, and it's rather simple to do...but I have better stuff to do...so I pay someone to do it.

See how that works?

Methinks you missed my point, so you could have fun being condescending.

I was commenting on how high some of these low-level materials have risen to, which makes them an excellent choice for someone interested in making credits selling mats.

Silica (grade 1) was selling for about 13cr each. Laminoid (grade 1) at 1100cr each. Bronzium (grade 2) at 23cr each.

The only thing surprising to me is how many people were willing to purchase the Laminoid at that inflated price. Mostly because profit would be so low with material price that high. Particularly when you consider how quickly one levels through the "teens", with any gear you buy or make becoming obsolete super quick.

This holds true for quite a number of materials in the low-level range. Agrinium was selling for 6,000cr each. Which is particularly silly (to me) when you consider that grade 1 UT missions take about 4 minutes to run, and with full affection have a 20% chance at critting.

Go figure.

Edited by Khevar

The rest is good advice but the last paragraph cannot be emphasized enough. Starting from nothing it takes a lot of time which means ya gotta be patient. No patience no credits it's that simple.

This holds true for quite a number of materials in the low-level range. Agrinium was selling for 6,000cr each. Which is particularly silly (to me) when you consider that grade 1 UT missions take about 4 minutes to run, and with full affection have a 20% chance at critting.

Go figure.

Shhhh! (looks around nervously) Someone will hear us and figure it out! And goodbye, easy credits. :)

Methinks you missed my point, so you could have fun being condescending.

I was commenting on how high some of these low-level materials have risen to, which makes them an excellent choice for someone interested in making credits selling mats.

Silica (grade 1) was selling for about 13cr each. Laminoid (grade 1) at 1100cr each. Bronzium (grade 2) at 23cr each.

The only thing surprising to me is how many people were willing to purchase the Laminoid at that inflated price. Mostly because profit would be so low with material price that high. Particularly when you consider how quickly one levels through the "teens", with any gear you buy or make becoming obsolete super quick.

Go figure.

Didnt mean the tone to come across like that to you.

My point was, convienience costs, and people with $ will pay for it. For instance, if someone is an avid crafter(like myself), I don't have time to run around and scavenge coruscant mobs for a stack of laminoid. In the time it takes my toon to do that, I could have bought stacks off the GTN, cycled through each of my crafters with 5 companions crafting stuff, listed stuff on the GTN, mailed wares to my mules, had them list stuff on the GTN, and then await the sales mails from the 500 items I just listed. AND, I'd still have time to get downstairs and watch Wow Wow Wubzy and Strawberry Shortcake with my daughter....what could be better?

Even paying upwards of 1200 for A laminoid and up to 5,000 (sometimes 6 depending on what I'm crafting) for A agrinium, I still profit 20k+ on some of those low level pieces.

I love giving lowbies $ for that stuff. It helps the whole economy. They have nothing to start with, and I help them get going. Same way I did it. I started at lowbie collecting, sold some mats and greens, bought underpriced high level purple mats and RE sold them, etc while leveling my crafting skills and schematics and I got to where I am now.

That said, I'm far from being considered wealthy in game, but I have made over 60 million from crafting. That's without ever crafting a single piece of current (at the time) high level raid gear, and only selling one cartel pack item (7 mil). It takes patience, stamina, and a keen market eye. It can be done, and it can be done casually.

As a side note, I don't think that it's a coincidence that some of the lowest level mats can be used in so many useful schematics for all crafting professions. I feel it's a design put in place to purposely help low level toons build their bank roll...if they choose to do so.

See how that works?

*applauds* That's a great analogy.

the best way to make money was to find out what people NEED and give it to them. The easiest way to make money is to find out what people WANT and give it to them. The same principles hold true in this game.

^^^ This.

I'm going to add my voice to the 'in the minority' commenters to note I got most of my internet millions from playing the GTN, using the above principle. My bread and butter is selling craftables rather than mats because the profit margin is so much better; the people in the mat market are my besties, especially the ones that come in and sell stuff at basement prices. (Keep doing that, guys, it's keeping one of my crafters afloat :jawa_angel:).

I recently rolled toons on a new server and had to start from literal scratch with level 10 toons, just like any new player would, except I had the knowledge of how to play the market learned from my original server. I took the time to get a feel of things from the goods I was familiar with, put up some canaries to see how things would sell, then went at it.

I had a million credits within a few of weeks.

Edited by AlixMV

Everyone else above me has made excellent points. Realize that most of the things sold for ten million are items which you simply don't need. They are cosmetic only. That 10 million credit artifact Ambassador's Hoverchair doesn't let you go any faster than a cybertech-crafted artifact hotrigged speederbike, and doesn't offer any better protection against being knocked off (although there are some artifact level 3 speeders from the cartel market that DO better knockoff protection). The stuff you see for 40-50 million, that stuff is usually unobtainable items, like the original series of Korrealis speeders that disappeared with, 1.2 I think?

The only things you really "need" once you hit end game on a regular basis are stims, adrenals, medpacks, grenades, probably in that order, and those things are all very affordable.

Edited by phalczen

Everyone else above me has made excellent points. Realize that most of the things sold for ten million are items which you simply don't need. They are cosmetic only. That 10 million credit artifact Ambassador's Hoverchair doesn't let you go any faster than a cybertech-crafted artifact hotrigged speederbike, and doesn't offer any better protection against being knocked off (although there are some artifact level 3 speeders from the cartel market that DO better knockoff protection). The stuff you see for 40-50 million, that stuff is usually unobtainable items, like the original series of Korrealis speeders that disappeared with, 1.2 I think?

The only things you really "need" once you hit end game on a regular basis are stims, adrenals, medpacks, grenades, probably in that order, and those things are all very affordable.

Hey that's a great point too.

Two of the best ways to make money in the game is to save money by making your own stuff & not buying ridiculous stuff. You can do that by having the crafters of things that you use, in your own legacy ... alts. So if you don't buy stuff from someone else, you're Savin money. That's how I rolled my first alt. I was spending so much money on blue and green medpacks and on stims for raids, I finally rolled a sentinel to biochem on. Added bonus: they're SOOO OP. Lol. Fun to play. Rolled my 2nd alt on the opposite faction because sales prices were so much better on that GTN (before imp&pub GTN merger). It's all about recognizing opportunity and new and different ways to MAKE or SAVE money.