Sell me RE increasing boosts/Show me the rolls

moonmonster

I'd pay some cartel coins for RE-chance-increasers.

Not a time-based one, though. Preferably something like '+25/50% RE chance on your next 10 RE' or something like that. I don't like being forced to rush to maximize value.

Relatedly, when I'm doing RE, show me the rolls. I want to see that I rolled a 21 and just missed the chance. It feels very slightly more involved, and lets us know it's fair.

As a synthweaver I would also like to see something of the sort. How about a 3 tiered Legacy Character Perk (bought with either credits or cartel coins) with each tier offering you a 10% increase in your RE success rate (or perhaps 10% for green to blue and 6% for blue to purple). Add to that having the text for the RE attempt show your roll score and you've got two major steps to improving functionality and reducing frustration. It would also be nice if they would allow you to influence the results of a successful RE. My Sentinel has no use for Alacrity, but my Seer does. I'd like to be able to either push for a particular stat emphasis, or at least take an unwanted one off the table. Research after all is not random or directionless, even if chance is still a factor.

/shrug...

I'm sorry but IMO showing the RNG would only lead to more frustration - you roll a 21 and your more likely to be pissed that you missed the roll by one, not consoled that you just missed it. If you play table top RPGs you know exactly what I am talking about.

As for increasing your chances on RE attempts...

I think one of the problems with the system is a disconnect between BioWare's intent and the reality of player beliefs. What I mean is, I think the intent was for most to use green quality with the occasional blue, when in reality we as players focus on the possibility of purple. The flaw in this intent is that green quality crafted gear is crap compared to quest rewards and FP drops. If green quality crafted gear got a 15% stat boost across the board and blue quality got a 5% boost across the board, that would put green quality more in line with quest reward gear and players would be less inclined to focus on the RE process - green quality would be "good enough" (especially if you crit and get an augment slot) and blue quality would be a big step up and purple gear would be relegated to those with the time, credits, and patience to accept the 10% RE rate.

now I don't approve such things, but if it came out every competitive crafter would pay for this (except the ones that already unlokced most of the schematics). So it's wiser so **** because EA will catch the scent :D

Greens are pretty useless when blue's are quest rewards and with commendations.

Now if crafted items had a boost compared to non-crafted items of *the same kind* there would be no issue, and crafting even lower items would be in desire.

As is however, it really is just cheaper to buy in a shop/with commendations, ruining crafting. This RE doesn't help much either.

Greens are pretty useless when blue's are quest rewards and with commendations.

Now if crafted items had a boost compared to non-crafted items of *the same kind* there would be no issue, and crafting even lower items would be in desire.

As is however, it really is just cheaper to buy in a shop/with commendations, ruining crafting. This RE doesn't help much either.

There is actually a very good market for low to mid range items (mid range especially) that gives amazing income if you can put yourself in a position to take advantage of it.

There is actually a very good market for low to mid range items (mid range especially) that gives amazing income if you can put yourself in a position to take advantage of it.

Exactly. On top of that: purple items are rare for a reason. You can make a huge amount of cash with them, but the tradeoff is that it will take you some time/credits to be able to make them. For non-crafters: they are expensive, but the stats are accordingly. Simply increasing the RE chance will cause a major imbalance and you might as well just get rid of all the green and blue items. That said, even at 10% success rate, it's pretty easy to get the purple schematics. Of course you have to be a bit patient and invest some credits (which you can make quite easily by selling greens and blues, especially the low/mid level ones). But I guess that's where the problem is: people want the good stuff right here, right now, and not pay any effort at all.

I don't know gang; I'm not throwing tons of stuff up on the GTN, but I do see people all the time in general chat offering to craft Adv 27 this, that, and the other for mats and tips. If you add up the cost of the mats (pretending you have to buy them all instead of getting them from Ops) they're often not asking much more for the crafted item on the GTN anyway. (Okay there's always somebody asking 4 million, but who buys from them?)

As a crafter, I'd gladly pay some creds or coins to have to make fewer trips around the tree to RE a blue or purple schematic for an alt I'm leveling.

I'd also be interested in a way to channel the RE research for gear with multiple RE options, e.g. by disallowing one option for an RE result. For example, if I was REing a bunch of green synthgear seeking the a blue schematic for a non-tank alt, it'd be nice if I could choose for "Redoubt" to NOT be the result if the RE roll yields a blue schematic.

Increasing RE chances to help you out with 0-49 gear will affect the end-game Grade 26 and Grade 27 gear crafting too much.

Right now when you get that Dread Guard drop from HM TfB or NM EC you have to make a decision. Do I RE this stuff for a 20% chance of an schem, or wear it?

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the learning end-game schems by RE anyway. I'd prefer the Grade 26/27 stuff were learned by a schematic dropping in HM Ops (similar to how Columi schematics can drop). These schems would be bound and non-transferrable.

It would make the end-game stuff more rare.

/2cents

I'd have to disagree with this as well :p

On my Synthweaver and Armormech, I have over 500 Purple schematics each (yes, I counted) that cost me a couple million credits each with over a year crafting and RE'ing.

Purples are rare for a reason and would no longer be "rare" when everyone and their mother had the schematics.

The really rare ones are those that start out as Blue Prototype schematics.

RE'ing the 1st Tier Purples to get the 2nd Tier Purples takes stacks of Purple Mats, to get all 5 of the Critical and Overkill schematics, and all 4 of the Redoubt schematics.