Trial and Error achievement: Mind Your Step (Story, Veteran and Master)

MM is very unforgiving, that green AOE murders us in less than 3 seconds and doing it with companions is a big no no

So I get you were doing other modes with comps previously? I also did a couple of solo runs on SM and one run with 2 people on VM and didn't get this achievement for either of those. However, since I did several runs for both SM and VM with a full group, and the achievement always worked fine for everybody in a group. So I guess you'd better try to get 4 people for SM and VM as well.

Trial and Error is THE Uprising giving us the most trouble, all other Uprisings we managed to 2 man and get all achievements but damn these are tough and buggy. :(

Indeed. Our group was able to complete ALL the achievements for other MM upr in just one evening. Other achs for this uprising took two more evenings. And this exact achievement still persists after more than two months. Last weekend we cleared the second boss several more times with different tactics, and still nothing,

So, after trying and trying, we've managed to two man it on MM, 1 Tank and 3 Healers (2 companions healing).

Despite not triggering any traps at all (we were meticulously careful not to) we didn't get the achievement on MM. (we did get it on SM and HM, however), which begs the question:

Do companions, despite not getting hit or stunned by the trap, counts towards the achievement as if they had sprung a trap when they pass through the laser?

For that particular boss I DPSed with a Sage to be sure not to have to move much. We did get the achievement on SM and HM using companions as well.

So, after trying and trying, we've managed to two man it on MM, 1 Tank and 3 Healers (2 companions healing).

Despite not triggering any traps at all (we were meticulously careful not to) we didn't get the achievement on MM. (we did get it on SM and HM, however), which begs the question:

Do companions, despite not getting hit or stunned by the trap, counts towards the achievement as if they had sprung a trap when they pass through the laser?

For that particular boss I DPSed with a Sage to be sure not to have to move much. We did get the achievement on SM and HM using companions as well.

Probably doesn't make a difference to the fact the achievement does not grant in the vast majority of runs

Probably doesn't make a difference to the fact the achievement does not grant in the vast majority of runs

Alright, thanks, that makes sense. I'll just keep trying then. I still need to find 2 competent players that are willing to follow directions and mechanics with us to do The Legendary Rak Pack so... might as well try that one too.

• 1 month later...
Alright, thanks, that makes sense. I'll just keep trying then. I still need to find 2 competent players that are willing to follow directions and mechanics with us to do The Legendary Rak Pack so... might as well try that one too.

So it seems that you pulled it off. Did it work ingame or CS?

So it seems that you pulled it off. Did it work ingame or CS?

We tried again with a full group and everyone got the achievo. This may be a long shot, but we've managed to 1-shot it this time, no wipes in the second phase. I feel that it could be related to why the achievement is not granted despite avoiding the traps.

Theory: If you wipe on the second phase, no matter if you avoided the traps during the first phase, you may not get the achievement.

My theory is based on the fact that the other 2 times we did the uprising and got to that point (the 2nd phase of that boss fight) we wiped and even though we didn't touch the traps we still didn't get the achievo.

I was in a group that tried this today with 3 players and a companion, no one died and no one touched traps.

No achievement, and CS are doing EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING in their power to avoid talking about why we dont get it and wont grant the achievement.

They keep saying we are not eligable.

So either there is a special extra mechanic we dont know and they wont tell us.

Or its bugged and they wont admit it.

Sent them 2 vids, still nothing.

• 1 year later...

The achievement is still bugged after who knows how many years.

We did several runs again recently without receiving the achievement, but in the end managed to get it.

Here are some rules we followed on the successful run:

- Avoid all tables in the room with the traps (and also the fallen chairs to that matter)

- Do not use any AoE in the room with the traps (as a sorc heal I didn't use Roaming Mend either just to be safe)

- For DD use only ranged classes

- Defeat the boss on the first try (no previous wipes from the beginning of the run)

- Don't kill the adds in the previous area in the room with the button that turns you into rakghoul (this also makes the door after elevator to bug, but can be fixed by returning to the elevator and going back to the door again)

Most of those we did in the previous runs as well, but didn't get the achievement. The only differences this time were not using roaming mend and not killing the adds. So one of those might have something to do with the result or it might be completely random, who knows.

Here is the video of the run for anybody interested:

I'm one of the people in Casper's video. As said in the description we avoided the tables, but I'm not sure that was the issue. The achievement can bug in all difficulties but happens most often on MM, which is why I believe the cause is something that is more likely to happen in a harder difficulty, for example taking too long to kill the boss, or dying (but I doubt it is actually either of those). I know Roaming Mend was not the issue as I used it in both rooms in that run.

Now that uprisings are unscaled it's much easier to get this, or at least it's easier to keep trying till it works.