<Death and Taxes> vs. HM Dread Fortress

Ok, i guess I'll step in and set a few things straight, since I always seem to need to.

1. Yes the boss is BROKEN. We never said it wasn't, and we knew because of your stream it was not WAI due to your guild member doing Austin testing. That aside, the 5 of us in there from SuckaFish, 2 EU players from the Reckoning, and Nibbon from Severity, decided to see if we could still do it to see the rest of the place. So we beat the broken boss, that's pretty cool imo. We realize it doesn't MEAN anything, but its still fun to brag about. (You all know you would too).

2. The REASON i took the stream down is because its not the whole fight. I turned on OBS in the middle of the fight, so while you see no adds, that doesn't mean we hadn't killed them all already. So instead of spouting ******** about how we had no adds and that people need to know what they are talking about, maybe you should take your own advice. Integrity has nothing to do with it.

3. This is just more DnT/ Suckafish drama, where you guys get super upset about everything. If you would have listened to the stream you might realize that the opinion we hold about you guys isn't just ours, it's random people we meet/group with on PTS also.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i guess I'll step in and set a few things straight, since I always seem to need to.

1. Yes the boss is BROKEN. We never said it wasn't, and we knew because of your stream it was not WAI due to your guild member doing Austin testing. That aside, the 5 of us in there from SuckaFish, 2 EU players from the Reckoning, and Nibbon from Severity, decided to see if we could still do it to see the rest of the place. So we beat the broken boss, that's pretty cool imo. We realize it doesn't MEAN anything, but its still fun to brag about. (You all know you would too).

2. The REASON i took the stream down is because its not the whole fight. I turned on OBS in the middle of the fight, so while you see no adds, that doesn't mean we hadn't killed them all already. So instead of spouting ******** about how we had no adds and that people need to know what they are talking about, maybe you should take your own advice. Integrity has nothing to do with it.

3. This is just more DnT/ Suckafish drama, where you guys get super upset about everything. If you would have listened to the stream you might realize that the opinion we hold about you guys isn't just ours, it's random people we meet/group with on PTS also.

Mauull The Merciless here, guy whos always on your mind.. I dont understand why you guys are QQ'in here. Maylstrom The Merciless here is never annoyed an she deals with alot of girl drama, she likes vampire diaries, pretty little liars an so on, an you guys still seem to bring her enough drama to get to her. so congrats to you for being full of girly drama an that ****. US First drama queens.

#DragRacing

1) Your guild mates seemed to think it meant a lot in the VOD (that you took down because it was embarrassing).

2) The reason you took the VOD (not the stream) down is because it made your guild look petty, and now that it's down it's impossible to prove what was or wasn't done in the VOD. Of course, taking it down indicates you have something to hide, so it lends much more credence to the "this VOD was embarrassing" side of the argument.

3) People hating DNT isn't new. People have been hating DNT since 2004. I don't reckon that'll stop any time soon.

I can assure you no one in DnT would brag about killing a boss on PTS (especially Hard Mode), and no one would update the front page with it. I don't know how that would reflect on the 1000+ unique hits our website still gets a day, but I'm willing to bet most people would think it was very stupid and it would ruin that sick nasty ad revenue.

Instead of working on a boss that we know will be changed for the three reasons I mentioned in my previous post, we decided to gear out our new recruits on Live. I would have liked to have seen you folks go in for Dragonslayer instead of bragging about a broken boss that'll never exist again since PTS is down.

As far as people "hating us", that just tells me we're doing something right. I've been in DnT since WoW Beta and timmys have hated us since Day 1, oh well.

Edited by e_nk_ay

I can assure you no one in DnT would brag about killing a boss on PTS (especially Hard Mode), and no one would update the front page with it. .

Wasn't this thread meant to be a blag thread? The title says <Death and Taxes> vs. HM Dread Fortress so I'm assuming you guys were trying to attempt a first clear of this op on the PTS for blagging rights otherwise why would this thread exist at all?

Wasn't this thread meant to be a blag thread? The title says <Death and Taxes> vs. HM Dread Fortress so I'm assuming you guys were trying to attempt a first clear of this op on the PTS for blagging rights otherwise why would this thread exist at all?

Whoopsie! Where's muh popcorn!

What did your mom tell you about assuming? That's not the reason. I'm sure Rhom just wanted viewers, and new content gets viewers.

Aside from what you mentioned it also serves as a preview of upcoming content for people who aren't really keen on doing PTS stuff (anymore), those who have other priorities, or those who don't have time to log in and download the PTS. Previews/teasers hype things up which is always good.

Edited by paowee

I am sure Rhom did it for viewers because that's what he said, himself, on the VOD and in-game. No assuming on my part.

Then why say "I'm sure" instead of "I know"? Saying "I'm sure" in that context would imply that you were just guessing and trying to speak on his behalf versus actually knowing the reason.....pish posh....I like pie!

All it took to "derail" this thread from this last post

Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post

I'll make a permanent vod for those who missed it and will link it here when that's ready.

nice of you, thanks.

was this.

-_-

/popcorn

Then why say "I'm sure" instead of "I know"? Saying "I'm sure" in that context would imply that you were just guessing and trying to speak on his behalf versus actually knowing the reason.....pish posh....I like pie!

2/10. 2 for effort.

Edited by paowee

All it took to "derail" this thread from this last post

was this.

-_-

/popcorn

2/10. 2 for effort.

Yes. All it took was DnT being so bloody insecure that they couldn't let something like that slide and hard to start escalating it into a thing.

Yes. All it took was DnT being so bloody insecure that they couldn't let something like that slide and hard to start escalating it into a thing.

It's more like DnT can't help but step up to the plate when the gauntlet's been thrown, even if it's a derailment of the thread.

Them's were fightin' words, son. You might as well have insulted their mommas.

EDIT: Also this

Edited by Arenatah

I advertised it because I want people to watch. I don't know what's under your skin about it.

We'll be going back in tonight, and as soon as I have a definite time nailed down (filthy in-guild casuals have disgusting RL obligations) I'll update with a bump and a change to the OP.

Here's the vod for day two. We had some absentees so a number of us were on alts and we had to pug a couple of spots, unfortunately. Went 4/5 though and had some good progress on Brontes. The adds for the 50% transition on Brontes seem, to us at least, to be a pretty steep DPS check for hard mode. Would love input from other guilds who have been there on 8 man.

1-4 has no kind of challenege, we have no tried last boss, but its pointless, i really hope bioware did a mistake and this drops 168 gear or AT LEAST 174 at worst... i have no idea why they would make us skip completely NiM content for this, for better gear, easier content, seems like an awful move