Do you roleplay your class?

mousestalker

And I get to travel back in time and prevent the planet destroyers and the planet destroyer destroyers from ever existing.

Then I get to be George Lucas and retcon everything that you ever did.

This is fun, we should have a god-mode fight for the heck of it!

My consular plays out very light sided, no dark points at all.. My trooper is mission oriented and really doesn't care. She currently has one dark point for every three light points. My smuggler is even more relaxed about light and dark points.

If I were to create another Jedi (Force forfend!) that character would likely go completely dark.

Does anyone else play this way?

just started playing a few days now.. and a big YES .. i play that way..

counsular.. do far all light points.. even wen choosing options dat do not show light/dark.. i choose wat a light side jedi should....

and wen i do make other alts.. will RP with similar attitudes as u suggest... only not made my mind as to wat class n species...

I tried to play my Warrior as pure Darkside, but found it to be extremely boring. So I switched up and played him 100% Lightside, and had a blast. The funny looks that some NPCs gave my toon were priceless.

That said, just because he's complete Lightside doesn't mean he's a nice guy. I played him as the Galaxy's most benevolent jerk. He was a womanizer (until hooking up with Vette), and he always demanded more pay for his jobs. He trolled the more despicable Sith Lords mercilessly as well (Baras makes the easiest target). :D On the other hand, he helped those in need when he could, and spared whoever he could, even if he did take them prisoner. Even became friends with a Jedi Master, but was still a bit of an *** to him. lol

It was the second most interesting play through I've done so far. :)

Edited by Captain_Zone

My dark side consular really depends on the story, namely the Tython story ark. As consular you learn about (one of) the first jedi who fell to the Dark Side, long before the Sith were founded. My consular (somehow) descovered his teachings on Tython and decided to follow them.

Master Rajivari's principles:

2nd Principle: All life is a battle even to the last breath.

5th Principle: Showing mercy for an enemy creates a spiral of destruction.

8th Principle: Sacrificing your strength to help others is the path of a fool./Sacrifice is foolish.

They don't always lead to dark side choices. On the Esseless for example he would make the light side decision.

I play my smuggler as a true mercenary with a twisted sense of honor. I see him as the accidental hero the money and power are his ultimate goal but he tries not hurt the innocent or those he respects. Governments be damned though. I wanted to leave the spy behind on the Esseles but my two goody goody companions weren't having it. So really we risked an entire ship of citizens for one spy who wanted to jeteson the engineering crew to save herself and we got lighf side points for bringing her back! Anyway i end up about 3-1 lighf to dark.

My maruader is very . . . tumultuous. She'll be friendly one time, and decidedly unfriendly the next. The only thing about her that is predictable is that she's unpredictable. She may go light or dark, depending on her mood, the position of Hoth in relation to Korriban, the cut of the third guy from the left's hair, whatever.

My assassin is one who appears innocent, but there isn't an ounce of goodness in her. She is irrevocably evil, and she loves every minute of it.

My Bounty Hunter believes that credits speak louder than words, and with enough credits, she'll do just about anything. One thing that is very clear, though, she never breaches a contract and doesn't betray her client until her contract is fullfilled. After that, all bets are off.

My agent is a sniper, not actually in Imperial Intelligence, but rather the Imperial Army Special Forces. He's part of a sniper team with his spotter, an operative played by a friend of mine. He is a joker off the battlefield, but in the fight, he is completely amoral, taking out any targets that his spotter marks with no remorse whatsoever.

My sniper is Light Side, very much oriented in "What's good for the Empire" instead of "good for me" or "good for the Sith". She hates Sith. She thinks they're parasites that will (eventually) bleed the Empire dry.

She's quite good at shooting things... but tends to make the merciful choices when up close and personal.

My Shadow is drifting towards the Dark. She looks upon the Jedi Code as too severe, too ascetic, and too BORING. There's life and change in conflict, and while it is best to understand chaos for what it is, and see what wonders spring from it, attempting to impose order upon chaos usually results in ... well, more chaos, and not always the fun kind.

My inquis and my smuggler I play as myself only in their circumstances and with their talents and abilities, with the caveat that my smuggler has had the influence of good people in her life and my inquis has not. My inquis is the only one of my characters who pays attention to her alignment, staying as close to truly neutral as she can (although she manipulates it with diplomacy, and would probably trend slightly light otherwise).

My agent and my BH I play as themselves. I think that I enjoy them more because of that (especially my agent, whom I love dearly). It was interesting to me to see they way her decision making changed as she fell in love with Vector, for example. They also both trend light side (my agent is somewhere in the middle of light 3 at 50), but not because they are good people. My agent is ruthlessly practical. My BH likes to bring people back alive because she thinks that that is usually more amusing, and she is totally a jerk like that.

My consular will probably mostly be herself too, although I don't find her to be nearly as engaging.

I play my Jedi Guardian ((my main)) as pretty much light side. He loves being a Jedi..but there are some Jedi rules that he doesn't agree with. He doesn't feel that loving some one is a bad thing as long as you don't allow those emotions to consume you. He is currently in a romantic relationship with his Padawan Kira.

My Jedi Consular has dedacated her self to studying and medatating in the ways of the Jedi. She perfers more peaceful sloutions rather than viloent ones. However she is not against fighting when the situation calls for it..but she will try bringing any conflict to an end through peaceful means before she resorts to drawing her lightsaber.

My Smuggler Gunslinger enjoys the freedom that being a smuggler allows her to experiance. Her reputation is very important to her and she desires to be the best smuggler in the galaxy. She will do just about anything to make sure she completes her job, the one thing she will not do is kill for no good reason. After all she's not a cold blooded killer..she's just out to deliever cargo and make some credits. She has a true heart of gold..and will not turn away some one in need..no matter the risk.

My Sith Warrior desires power, but she is not devoid of compassion or mercy. In reality she's not very fond of the Sith and what they do to innocents in the name of the Empire. Her true loyalties lie more with the people the Empire rules over. She only kills those that she believes deserves such a fate...however she does not tolarate back stabbing. Ever since she encountered them on the Empire's captial planet, she considers her self a follower of the Ravenites desiring to be neither Jedi nor Sith.

I haven't made my bounty hunter character yet..but I plan on playing him as the son of my Jedi Guardian and Kira.

My consular plays out very light sided, no dark points at all.. My trooper is mission oriented and really doesn't care. She currently has one dark point for every three light points. My smuggler is even more relaxed about light and dark points.

If I were to create another Jedi (Force forfend!) that character would likely go completely dark.

Does anyone else play this way?

My bounty hunter is neutral, though more points in Light than Dark because she's not an animal. Sometimes a job is a job, sometimes the stakes are too high and the consequences of following through will have far reaching consequences and she shoves pride, honor, and reputation aside and does the "right" thing. Usually, though, if she's been paid to put a bullet in you she's going to, no ifs ands or buts.

My Sith Warrior is pretty Sithy. He isn't chaotic stupid, though, doesn't eat live chicks for dark side points or pointlessly abuse his minions. But he's a patriot, he's pragmatic, and all's fair in love and war. Very strong survival of the fittest mentality, but now and then he'll help somebody out if it benefits the greater good. His alignment is probably closer to the neutral end of the dark side spectrum, but he's not above slaughtering women and children to demoralize the enemy.

My Smuggler works on a basis of "Do what you want". He doesn't think about the light or dark side of the force, he doesn't even really see the force as something other then a hokey mystique thing, kind of line telepaths. My smuggler has no problem with killing for credits, but he draws the line at pointless death. He's not above making the choice to save someone if he thinks they may be useful later.

He also doesn't care for excuses for peoples behavior. Those without value who see fit make excuses often end up at the barrel end of his blaster. You make your decisions in life, live with it. One thing my smuggler can't stand is slavery, and things that aid the sith empire. He'll do what is best for the republic because of a long standing grudge he's got against the empire.

Edited by Selvec