LOL at Random Looting from Normal Mode EV

So what is the reasoning around allowing Hard/NM modes to master loot but not Normal Mode?

I ran Normal EV last night for the 1st time with my new guild. I received:

Offhand Gun token

Pants Token

Epic Relic

Epic Head

Main hand gun off last boss

Now my group hates me (kidding) but seriously, there were people in my group who really needed that loot. I had decent gear already and some people still had greens and bad orange gear they could've upgraded.

Silly system is silly? Let us Master loot Normal Mode please so we can gear the players who need it most.

Edited by jonglynn

I wasn't complaining about the mount....that is need/green anyways.

I'm talking about the fact you can't master loot gear to the players who need it.

I haven't seen one argument that validates why this is the case in Normal vs HM and NM modes.

Forget about the mount...focus on the question at hand

I think his point is that he received an excessive amount of items that could not be rolled on.

I agree with him. Ever since we learned about that mechanic we kind of lost interest in normal mode ops. That's discouraging because we're a small guild and have to try to drop bosses with less than 8 players who aren't extremely well geared (not a lot of columi).

So agree to loot rules before you go into an Operation, it isn't that hard. You don't need the game to tell you to not roll on something, just don't roll on it if others need or deserve it more. If someone decides "Oh, there's no ML in Normal, I can roll on everything," tell him not to do that and if he keeps doing it, kick him from the group. Again, it isn't that hard.

So agree to loot rules before you go into an Operation, it isn't that hard. You don't need the game to tell you to not roll on something, just don't roll on it if others need or deserve it more. If someone decides "Oh, there's no ML in Normal, I can roll on everything," tell him not to do that and if he keeps doing it, kick him from the group. Again, it isn't that hard.

<insert insult here> - the game decides for you. Stay out of threads you know nothing about.

The only item he listed above he could have even tried to pass on was the mount.

Edited by Qilz

Just so it's clear to everyone who is posting on here with no clue what they are talking about...

The loot system automatically assigns to a "Round Robin" type. Instead of allowing players to roll on a majority of the loot, it automatically assigns it to a player in the operation group. He wasn't rolling on gear that wasn't for him. He was ASSIGNED the gear by the loot system (and he was therefore the only person who could grab the loot from the boss)

The lootsystem on normalmodes was designed for PuG´s since the "normal" difficulty isnt really raid level by any means and meant to be doable without greater pains by said PuG´s.

I do however think there should be an option to have a raidvote and if every member of the raid agrees in this vote can overrule the default system and turn on masterlooter even for normal modes.

In general even with masterlooter ure rather handycapped atm since if ML is one you will not get any crafting materials from the bosses, also there is then no option to have raidrolls to assign certain items.

For example you do a 16man OP, the boss drops 2 head tokens for BH´s, but you have 5 BH´s in your raid, without masterlooter all 5 would either roll on both tokens need and as luck goes one might get both which sucks. Or you would have to assign everyone to either roll on the first or on the second token only which would then screw the 3 guys who half to roll on one item while the other token only has 2 people needing it.

Since there is no /random 100 you have to have full trust in your ops leader to use his own means of rolling and assign loot accordingly.

TL:DR /random 100 please Bioware?

<insert insult here> - the game decides for you. Stay out of threads you know nothing about.

The only item he listed above he could have even tried to pass on was the mount.

lolol

I would have to agree that the normal loot system being reqeuired to be random is bad.

There should be options for pugs and the guild runs.

There should be a way to intelligently assign loot so that everyone gets what they want/need instead of have 3 companions in the raid get 4 pc columi before someone

gets a single piece in 3 weeks. Seriously.

To this end a simple random 100 options would be one thing that has been mentioned.

Giving normal mode the need greed option that is missing would be the other.

That still does not prevent some people who do not know their class and what gear is good for them or not from rolling it but it does give guild groups some measure of control

to smooth out the completly suboptimal/bad/inconsistant/quirky/unreasonalbe loot decisions that are made by a computer.

The OP and his situation is prob the norm rather than the exception. This re-enforces my point about how bad the normal loot system is and how the 2 items mentioned above would go along way toward correcting it.