Reroll, play alone, or simply.. wait?

Evray

Okay, first off mods this is not a 'server population is dropping' thread. Please don't auto-redirect it to somewhere else.

I've got a serious concern and am asking the community for input. I currently am on a server that is pretty dead. All my friends are gone and the guild of 300 is now a guild of 13. Mostly alts...

Point is I am unsure what to do.

We know server mergers and or transfers are on the priority list but it may not come till june or july and in what form. Since I don't know if I need to plan on shelling out 25 bucks for each character I don't really know if I should stay on my current server.

If I stay on my server I not only have a single player game that I'm paying month to month for, but the more I build up my legacy and other characters then its possible changing them all to a new server come summer may be hard and possibly expensive.

Do I stay on my server?

Should I reroll? I saved some names on Fatman and the other high pop server but I couldn't save any names on a high population server on the west which is where I am. I have a Knight and a Warrior at level 50 in full columi/champ gear with somewhere over a million credits each. I haven't done Datacrons or anything like that yet but most of my companions are pretty closed to maxed out and such. My legacy is also going to be gone and with 1.2 on the way I'll be missing out for a while.

Do I simply wait? My sub is currently not active due to the server population issue. I want to start playing again but I simply don't know what to do I feel very divided.

Okay, first off mods this is not a 'server population is dropping' thread. Please don't auto-redirect it to somewhere else.

I've got a serious concern and am asking the community for input. I currently am on a server that is pretty dead. All my friends are gone and the guild of 300 is now a guild of 13. Mostly alts...

We know server mergers and or transfers are on the priority list but it may not come till june or july and in what form. Since I don't know if I need to plan on shelling out 25 bucks for each character I don't really know if I should stay on my current server.

If I stay on my server I not only have a single player game that I'm paying month to month for, but the more I build up my legacy and other characters then its possible changing them all to a new server come summer may be hard and possibly expensive.

Do I stay on my server?

Should I reroll? I saved some names on Fatman and the other high pop server but I couldn't save any names on a high population server on the west which is where I am. I have a Knight and a Warrior at level 50 in full columi/champ gear with somewhere over a million credits each. I haven't done Datacrons or anything like that yet but most of my companions are pretty closed to maxed out and such. My legacy is also going to be gone and with 1.2 on the way I'll be missing out for a while.

Do I simply wait? My sub is currently not active due to the server population issue. I want to start playing again but I simply don't know what to do I feel very divided.

If there is no one left on your server, then there is no reason to stay on it.

If you start now, because you are more familiar with the game, you can reach level 50 fast, unlock dailies and do them for credits.

It is not ideal, but it is better than waiting around on your server doing nothing.

But, if one day they DO let you transfer your original toon, then worst case scenario, the new toon that you played is a high level alt that you can bring for end-game.

If my choices were to reroll or to quit, I would probably quit. I've put too much time and effort into the toons I have---two 50s, a 45, a 33 and three 20-somethings. One Battlemaster. A tank, a healer and two DPS. No way I'm starting over from squat.

The OP has a valid point. Server merges of char transfers are needed. I play on Canderous Ordo, which is suppossedly a highly populated server yet at peak hours I seldom see as many as 50 players on any of the planets though less that 30 is more common. and seldom see over 100 at Carrick Station. If this is how it is on a "highly populated" server, the ones like the OP is on must be surely dead.

And I also agree with him about re-rolling on a different server. Like the OP, I've put a lot of work into my chars and I sure as hell dont want to just abandon them and start over from scratch either.

Do I stay on my server?

Hello!

I would say so.

If you WANT to play reroll! Simple as that... Server transfers/merge WILL NOT happen until 1.3 most likely which most likely WILL NOT be released until July/September By then you can have XY lvl 50s with 20 million credits easily.

And you can find places to reroll in my signature.

I'm currently rerolling on a higher populated realm as well. As much as i liked my old server and my old guild, playing on a realm with 30-40 people on the republic fleet at peak times just isn't any fun. Guild's gone from around 50 to about 5 active members within a few weeks now. Leaving behind for now 2 lvl 50s, and a lvl 45, legacy level 31, so the decision wasn't made lightly. Loving the game tho, and really want to continue playing it, so i decided that for now, i'm starting a new char on another realm, waiting for the option of transferring my 2 50's there later as well, if i like it there. And so far, i really do; the game is so much more fun to play when you can actually find groups for quests, flashpoints or guilds that recruit for ops.

reroll.

by the time transfers happen if it ever does you will be farther ahead. the longer you wait the more you lose both character, money and game time.

besides leveling up is rather easy and fast. pvp will be faster on a more populated server too and ranks will go by faster. you can now do hard modes if you like or even raid.

then again you can sit there, keep posting for server transfers and continue to play alone like too many of you do. its your choice.

Re-roll seems to be the ONLY WAY we will get some action in this game.

Server pop is low on most all servers, so we need to have a merge.

BW will not do this for some time for many reasons, none that we as players care to hear.

Yet, it will come in time.

AION, did a merge around 9 months after launch, so this my be an indicator of sorts.

I guess around July/Sept. time frame. Will that be too late......

I am re-rolling as we type to a a few servers just to see if the population is stable.

If by May 6, I do not see/feel what i hope/want, I will leave again for a long period...maybe forever.

Give BW time to get thier act together and show me they really want my biz.

I had such high hopes for this game and am feeling a little let down.

They need to step up to the plate fast as D3 comes out May 15, so that will be the mark they have to hit to keep the customer base they have or see it fall greatly... and force thier hand on merges. It is do or die time for this game to stay a solid mmo.

Edited by DogMeat

Rift had a very similar problem but the fixed it just in time and gave free transfers just before a lot of people were about to quit. They listened to the community.

I am on a 'mid' population server, sat afternoon there were 2 people on Ilum, 15 on fleet, 4 on belsavis. You couldnt find a grp for love nor money.

I am an officer in a great guild that has slowly declined as people hit 50 and realise there is nothing much else to do as cant find groups.

I waited for this game for years and now i am about to quit because playing on an empty server sucks. I have 2 50's with nice gear and lots of credits, I am NOT going to start all over again.

Goodbye SWTOR, hello GW2....

EA - you need an endgame or we will all go the same way.

Do I stay on my server?

I feel you're pain. I moved servers to accomodate a friend who didnt really care for the original server we had chose. I've have a 50, 45 and 47. As well as about 20 legacy levels sitting in limbo on that server. I rerolled with another guildie on the newer server to help the other friend out and we are finally back at 50 (for only 1 toon). It can be a tedious process yes, but at the same time you know so much more about the game that you can probably blow thru the content. If you are worried about losing the crew skills/money, thats a different story and something you cant instantly fix. I would however suggest slicing on the new server to get your toon(s) bank roll started.

If you like the game, move servers and start over. If you dont, probably best to not worry about it.