Purple Crystal Schematic

JohnnyAceEVPTR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to a topic of hot debate! There are some reports of them dropping from certain world bosses, but it is unclear if these reports are confusing purple with magenta (which most certainly DOES drop from certain world bosses). Another possibility is from PVP crewskill lockboxes (but this is likely the +expertise version). The bottom line is, we actually don't have a confirmation of where to obtain purple color crystal schematics and anyone that's found one isnt speaking up!

Welcome to a topic of hot debate! There are some reports of them dropping from certain world bosses, but it is unclear if these reports are confusing purple with magenta (which most certainly DOES drop from certain world bosses). Another possibility is from PVP crewskill lockboxes (but this is likely the +expertise version). The bottom line is, we actually don't have a confirmation of where to obtain purple color crystal schematics and anyone that's found one isnt speaking up!

Thanks, that's what I gathered from searching Google. I just thought someone may have found how to get purple and would be generous enough to share.

Dont forget there has been confirmation of it dropping from random mobs in the black hole district on Corellia (PVE version).

Why can't the Devs confirm these theorys or not? It's not like we haven't tried at all(I have been searching google and (Fan Websites) for days now. I can't locate where the schematic drops.

I don't want to spend 1000 COMMS on a RUMOR.

Why can't the Devs confirm these theorys or not? It's not like we haven't tried at all(I have been searching google and (Fan Websites) for days now. I can't locate where the schematic drops.

I don't want to spend 1000 COMMS on a RUMOR.

Agree 100%

Agree 100%

Too bad the Devs don't give 2 ****s.

I just want a confirmation and a % number. I have purchased over 20 of these PvP Grade 6 crafting boxes.

I have also(As I have said before) checked NUMEROUS/COUNTLESS sites and the only thing I could find were RUMORS.

If we are wrong, then tell us we are wrong. Just get rid of the rumors so we can either:

A). Find the REAL way to get purple crystals without waisting countless hours(I'm really bored with this game and barely log on anymore).

B). Spend our 1000 comms(Too high of a price) to purchase Grade 6 pvp boxes, without truly knowing whether or not I will get a purple crystal schematic.

So far, I sacrificed 2 War Hero Equipments because I'm using up all of my comms for a reward that might not even exist.

Edited by SithEBM

Dont forget there has been confirmation of it dropping from random mobs in the black hole district on Corellia (PVE version).

It has been confirmed? I don't buy it till you give us more information.

The only thing that has been confirmed to my knowledge is that they exist in the game and Bioware has said that 'the truth is out there' on the sites. But if the truth is out there it must be covered up by the US government or something.:p

You are referring to the +41 MAGENTA schematic. This thread is about PURPLE, which does NOT drop in Black Hole.

The rumor is, grade 6 or 7 pvp craft box(pvp crystal) and grade 6 or 7 fleet comm craft box(pve crystal)

I have yet to see a confirmation with a screen shot on either of these, and have definitely not heard of a world boss drop for PURPLE(although purple/black drops in HM Denova).

And once again, we are talking about PURPLE, not magenta.....

I have purchased over 20 of these PvP Grade 6 crafting boxes.

pfft 20 =P I have purchased over 70 over three toons and yes i have the purple 41 expertise from the pvp6 box =) I'd post a screenshot later if anyone cares =) Not sure if the other stats for the purple drop from the box too but i doubt they do. I know blue expertise drop from the pvp box too as a guildie has it.

Edited by lunartic

pfft 20 =P I have purchased over 70 over three toons and yes i have the purple 41 expertise from the pvp6 box =) I'd post a screenshot later if anyone cares =) Not sure if the other stats for the purple drop from the box too but i doubt they do. I know blue expertise drop from the pvp box too as a guildie has it.

How many boxes did it take you to obtain the schematic?

I gotta tell you this subject really gets me mad

Purple is my favorite and a lot of other people's too, but BioWare decides that purple crystals should be rare since some developers say "we wanted some crystals to be hard to get"

So even though orange lightsabers have never been seen in any Star Wars anything ever we can still get those at level 10 but people who love the color purple can go **** themselves because of some arbitrary decision to make it rare?

It's not like cyan, magenta, white, and crystals with a black light inside don't fit the bill as being perfect endgame colors, no purple needs to be harder to find than a needle in a stack of needles -_-

Purple is my favorite and a lot of other people's too, but BioWare decides that purple crystals should be rare since some developers say "we wanted some crystals to be hard to get"

So even though orange lightsabers have never been seen in any Star Wars anything ever we can still get those at level 10 but people who love the color purple can go **** themselves because of some arbitrary decision to make it rare?

It's not like cyan, magenta, white, and crystals with a black light inside don't fit the bill as being perfect endgame colors, no purple needs to be harder to find than a needle in a stack of needles -_-

Well said. I don't understand Bioware's Logic.

they had a purple crystal vendor for a while ..... where did it go

Disappeared with Update 1.2. I should have bought a couple of those crystals while I had the chance.

Well, here's hoping that I can find the Artifice Crafting Schematic for the +Crit Purple Crystals. :cool:

Agreeed. Bioware really has it all wrong with the crystals. Red, Blue, Green and Yellow should be easy to come by. Orange, Purple and Cyan slightly rarer maybe; while Black-Cores (yuck), White and other less known colours (viridian, magneta, etc) should be the needles in the haystack.

I just feel wrong without it. It's been my colour of choice in KOTOR, KOTOR II, and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. :jawa_frown:

Agreeed. Bioware really has it all wrong with the crystals. Red, Blue, Green and Yellow should be easy to come by. Orange, Purple and Cyan slightly rarer maybe; while Black-Cores (yuck), White and other less known colours (viridian, magneta, etc) should be the needles in the haystack.

I just feel wrong without it. It's been my colour of choice in KOTOR, KOTOR II, and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. :jawa_frown:

I hear ya, and feel the same way.

Bioware, if you're listening, please up the commonality of Purple Crystal Recipes, or perhaps give us back the pre-1.2 Vendor for a week.

It would really help those of us who want Purple Crystals. :)

How many boxes did it take you to obtain the schematic?

Dont remember, prob between 50 - 60 before i got the purp but u can really tell the % from one sample =) The guildie got the blue expertise crystal in his second box

Dont remember, prob between 50 - 60 before i got the purp but u can really tell the % from one sample =) The guildie got the blue expertise crystal in his second box

Well at least there's hope. However, I would love to see a screenshot before accepting this.

Either way, I will still purchase the grade 6 crafting pvp boxes

Well at least there's hope. However, I would love to see a screenshot before accepting this.

Either way, I will still purchase the grade 6 crafting pvp boxes

Unfortunately, that means you have to play on a server where you can actually get in a pvp.

I really think the colors should all be available without too much trouble. Maybe make then a bit tougher like the magenta's, but if someone spends a little effort (or cash on the GTN) they should be able to get pretty much whatever they want. In fact making the "rare" colors similar to the Magenta crystals to aqcuire and make would be pretty ideal. Rare enough that they won't flood the market, but common enough that you can probably find one or someone to make you one.

That said I have already made millions of credits from selling purple crystals that I bought from the vendor. And as long as I am the only one on my server (Vornskr) selling them I can ask as much as I want for them. I really want to get the schematic, but as long as it hasn't been found I am making money. :D