RUMOR: Yoda to get first standalone Star Wars movie

Lord_Karsk

A Yoda movie sounds awful to me. I love the idea of making stand alone movies set in the same universe. This is what Marvel Studios (also owned by Disney) have done so well in the last few years. However, I think Yoda is just the wrong choice.

A Boba Fett movie might be good, but in all honesty, I would much rather see something new. I hope Disney doesn't just keep dragging out all the old characters, but actually expands the films by creating new characters, new worlds and actually does something NEW!

The point of Yoda's character is to be mysterious. If you give him his own movie it is just going to torpedo that and rob the character of its values. Hopefully there is nothing to this rumor.

I think we can still keep the mysterious aspects to him intact by not going *too* far back, like where he was born and brought into the order and how he moved up the ranks. The farthest back I'd go would be his first Padawan.

I'd also hope they never name his species, just out of respect for the Great Flanneled One's request.

I really dout it If there going to make Episode VII. Most likely going to follow the Skywalker family like the others. They will have make sure it follows I through VI other wise people who only watch the movies can follow along.

I will be open minded to the stand-alone movies as long as they don't turn Star Wars into a teen-angst, sparkly vampire type of ordeal. I swear if there is any inkling of a love triangle between a teen-age girl torn between a sensitive Jedi and a bad-boy (yet strangely nonthreatening) Sith I will puke.

If they do, please let him talk more like Master Oteg. He has a Yoda-like voice and a Yoda-like humor, but doesn't reverse the word order. Make the word reversal a habit he developed late in his live.

Falls down the stairs three days before EP. I starts and develops this habit?