Directive 7 Interrogator Hardmode ?!

Is this boss supposed to be killable or what?

I'm a Bounty Hunter Powertech shield specced tank with 16k selfbuffed, wich is only Hunter boon that gives endurance %+ and a 49.38% dmg reduction.

as soon as the boss starts spawing more than 3 adds, i die in 0.1 second and its a wipe because the adds basically one-shots the rest of the group...

Is this boss killable since the 1.1 patch or is it just me who is horrible geared for this HM?

So please let me know if the boss is actually killable after the patch to confirm if its me or if the stupid encounter is just horrible bugged?

Edited by Eloise

wait what, *** are there 3 adds up. what are the dps doing, afking? its not like you have anything else you can do when he spawns an add, he goes invul. attacking him while the adds are up and the shield drops can bug out the encoutner and lead to infinite add spawn. fight should go dps boss, dps add, repeat 3x, loot boss.

wait what, *** are there 3 adds up. what are the dps doing, afking? its not like you have anything else you can do when he spawns an add, he goes invul. attacking him while the adds are up and the shield drops can bug out the encoutner and lead to infinite add spawn. fight should go dps boss, dps add, repeat 3x, loot boss.

thing is.. at first the boss spawns only 1 add, probably as intended, that add went down quick and without pain, then we contiuned to dps boss untill about 70%, then he just instatly spawns another add, then maybe 2-3 seconds later, another add, followed by 1 second where he spawns another and voila its 3 adds up in matter of seconds... and then i die maybe 10 seconds later becuse the 3 adds hits so insanely hard... and as i mentioned before i still do have bad gear

Offtopic:

and for the answer to grab Champion pvp gear, the answer would be no.. i hate to combine PvP gear with PvE gear, i've ALWAYS separated them from eachother in every MMO-game i've played, it looks so F¤%&/! noobish to have 2 sets of pvp gear, then 3 sets of PvE gear, and then maybe a pvp wrist and then a PvE waist and so on... (FYI: I hate when MMO-devlopers cant separate PvP items with PvE items!)

It's a "known bug" that the Interrogator clones Bounty Hunters and Troopers times infinity. At least before the patch they wouldn't move a muscle which made the boss killable but now the adds spawn and do damage instantly. This instance is now off-limits for BHs and Troopers which is a shame since I still needed the Columi Set Trousers. Oh well, waiting for fix.... Edited by Palariat

easy to beat him if you ignore the clones and just dps the boss. Just did it on hardmode 20min ago. I am a BH and yes he cloned me x100000000000000000. Once the boss is dead you can safely wipe, and run back to loot. Clones will be gone.

It is not limited to bounty hunter / trooper. It spawns 5-6 copies of my sniper each time. The boss has an immunity to damage buff which makes a constant 'burn' method difficult. I could handle it spawning 2 at a time or even just 3, but we get a constant stream of them.

easy to beat him if you ignore the clones and just dps the boss. Just did it on hardmode 20min ago. I am a BH and yes he cloned me x100000000000000000. Once the boss is dead you can safely wipe, and run back to loot. Clones will be gone.

You see that used to work before the patch but now the clones attacked our tank and healer immediately which makes them very hard to deal with. Also nuking the boss isn't really possible because of these 20 second shield he puts up. Maybe you were just insanely lucky to not have been attacked by them.

Thank you everyone, then it is confirmed that the boss IS bugged, and that its not me who can't tank and that my gear is totally ****y even if its not good as i mentioned earlier.

Note: We tried this encounter on Hardmode, not NORMAL!

Our group consisted of Me, wich is a Bounty Hunter Powertech with shieldtech talent tree, wich makes me a tank. the healer was a Operative and the DPS was a sniper and a mercenary, pulled boss and got the boss to maybe 84% before the first add spawns, then all the dps including me goes onto the add that was cloned and nuked it down, so far so easy... then went back to boss and got him maybe another 10% so the boss was at maybe 74% or so, then BAM one add spawns, we switch, start dpsing it to maybe 90% then he starts cloning us again, and again and suddenly there is over 3 clones in the room, i AoE-taunt them and the DPS tries to nuke them down, but i die in maybe 5 seconds and we wipe...

Edited by Paralassa
content