Will Scourge be romancable? What are the chances?

LordBraidenbach

Maybe after Emperor's death the curse was lifted?

I would call that as a complete load of malarchy and total handwaving considering in the "Revan" novel, they describe the process...which involves way more than just "drinking the head vampire's blood". Not you...but that is the generally discussed theory...and it leaves out a lot. His actual body chemistry was changed.

That being said, I have already spoilered myself... *sigh*

Glad I'm going a completely different route with my fanfic.

Edited by Dracofish

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would call that as a complete load of malarchy and total handwaving considering in the "Revan" novel, they describe the process...which involves way more than just "drinking the head vampire's blood". Not you...but that is the generally discussed theory...and it leaves out a lot. His actual body chemistry was changed.

That being said, I have already spoilered myself... *sigh*

Glad I'm going a completely different route with my fanfic.

Sorry, never read the Revan novel, you don't find that sort of stuff in my crappy corner of the world. But yeah, honestly i hoped Scourge could be freed from Emperor's spell or curse of w/e was it and become a love interest. Nope, im not going for it, finished JK and deleted character, its sole use was for legendary status.

Did we hear anything from Scourge after Nathema. YOu would think we would hear about him especially with his history with the emperor.

Scourge will probably be in 5.10 update. Or in 6.0. Hopefully there will be no more Valky's dark secrets stuff involved.

I am worried they will cheap out on a cure and simply go "The Emperor's dead so now Scourge is free!". It's too easy in my book and doesn't quite match the process Scourge endured when they made him immortal but on the other hand... I guess at least he'll be cured and the workings behind it... headcanon, fiction. I've long accepted that Scourge is precious to me in a way no in-game dialogue and events could ever live up to regardless and at least the basic premise of him being cured will be part of the gameplay now.

I am worried they will cheap out on a cure and simply go "The Emperor's dead so now Scourge is free!". It's too easy in my book and doesn't quite match the process Scourge endured when they made him immortal but on the other hand... I guess at least he'll be cured and the workings behind it... headcanon, fiction. I've long accepted that Scourge is precious to me in a way no in-game dialogue and events could ever live up to regardless and at least the basic premise of him being cured will be part of the gameplay now.

Maybe Scourge found a way to undo whatever the Emperor did to him by using relics, ancient techniques & rituals?

Maybe Scourge found a way to undo whatever the Emperor did to him by using relics, ancient techniques & rituals?

Whatever it is, it will likely be glossed over in a worthless 2min alert...sadly. There is so much potential for story content there... *sigh*

Edited by Dracofish

Whatever it is, it will likely be glossed over in a worthless 2min alert...sadly. There is so much potential for story content there... *sigh*

The two minutes thing is not ok. Yes, it might work for some comps, but not for all. If Scourge will be a romance option and if he can feel again it needs a good explanation.

The two minutes thing is not ok. Yes, it might work for some comps, but not for all. If Scourge will be a romance option and if he can feel again it needs a good explanation.

All of the returning romanced companions deserved more than 2min...but that's not what we got.

Well, Scourge and Kira could play a big role in the next expansion... Maybe. They aren't ready yet.

Jaesa is sadly slated already so I don't expect much of a reunion...

Well, Scourge and Kira could play a big role in the next expansion... Maybe. They aren't ready yet.

Jaesa is sadly slated already so I don't expect much of a reunion...

I've heard that Kira and Scourge might play a role in the next expansion, but unfortunately from what I can tell, that's just rumor and speculation.

As much as I love Scourge (he and my JK are total epic-level on the romance scale for me), it would be a major slap in the face to other classes, especially those who got their old love interests back as a "here take this and shut up" 2min scene of half-assed nothingness.

Why would any of our characters kill him for that?

He did all that over 300 years ago, to people we barely know or who tried to kill us.

Agreed. Why would I kill him for something that happened over 300 years ago. My knight would only have very little knowledge of what happened back then.

Edited by casirabit

My knights would be the same way. And really there are many people who are worse than him. Like a certain person named Valkorion

Did we ever find out how Nathema got revived? I figured Scourge would have the same thing happen to him hopefully.

But I would hope he and KIra would have much better returns than the majority of the other companions. I wouldn't mind if they returned together but nothing like the risha/corso or mako/Akaavi.

Though I did like Akaavi 's return a lot more than coro/risha

it would be a major slap in the face to other classes, especially those who got their old love interests back as a "here take this and shut up" 2min scene of half-assed nothingness.

Or to the classes who will still have just one male LI option, even if the other male comp would have made more sense since a certain class unlocks a certain species.

• 2 months later...

The guy is over 300 years old, 1/3 of Yoda's age when he died. Obi Wan was about 58 when he became one with the force in Episode 4 and look how old and withered he looked.

I'm certainly not opposed to a Pureblood romance but I'm not that desperate for a 300 year old guy lol.

Probably not if he haven't found a cure to his curse... Which i imagine would need to be quite a feat, considering he was gifted a near impossible ability of remaining immortal by one of the most powerful force users in the entire galaxy.

If he comes back to bang us because he found a magic datacron that cured him from Nar Shadda sewers I'm gonna be too busy feeling majorly disappointed and insulted about the quality of writing to bang anybody.

Edited by Kiesu

The guy is over 300 years old, 1/3 of Yoda's age when he died. Obi Wan was about 58 when he became one with the force in Episode 4 and look how old and withered he looked.

I'm certainly not opposed to a Pureblood romance but I'm not that desperate for a 300 year old guy lol.

Although Obi Wan was 58, Alec Guinness was actually 62 and to me Obi Won looked like a man in his early 60s but it is what it is. Sir Alec Guinness became one with the force in 2000 at 86yo. His life began in 1914. Just 2 years after my Grandpa was born. 1914, Some say is when the life of a gangster bit a young teen boy named Al Capone. but it is ALL HISTORY now.

The Emperor's final death allowed Nathema, a planet purged of all living things and warped in the Force due to it having been sucked dry from the world for a time, to develop a green and fruited ecosystem in a matter of weeks at the most. If his breathing and being were such a wedgie in the Force by themselves, then I have no trouble at all believing that his death allowed Lord Scourge to appreciate the 5 basic senses again. It might have been the first time in centuries he truly felt glad. Edited by Darth_Advent

• 4 weeks later...
As much as I love Scourge (he and my JK are total epic-level on the romance scale for me), it would be a major slap in the face to other classes, especially those who got their old love interests back as a "here take this and shut up" 2min scene of half-assed nothingness.

Personally, the worst one for me was Andronikas. I was so upset that my character broke up with him. :p Actually, she was going to all along but still that scene and his explanations were stupid. The Ashara one was bad too. Felix Ilresso was okay. You feel more sorry for him than anything though.

I do really like Scourge and thought he was a great companion and asset to the Knight's storyline. I don't see how he would fit in anymore since he said at the end of Chapter 3 he will stay around until he knows the Emperor is gone for sure. He is a sith at heart and says he will never change to the light. So unless you have a dark Jedi, I find it difficult to see him wanting to continue the alliance. And I don't have faith in the spectacular writing abilities of BW to make this work. He will just show up with a "here I am! Yay the Emperor is dead but I will stay by your side forever. And by the way I am no longer immortal but I won't age into a gross hag like Zash did - I promise".