Weak dmg

BobaFurz

I did test several classes up to lvl 16, sorcerer, warrior, BH and Operative. I did with all classes aswell pvp for at least 2 lvls.

Anyway, so far operative is for me the weakest class in pve and pvp and Iam not sure how it will change in the next levels.

When doing pvp with my lvl 15 operative, going melee with the two main melee attacks I feel quiete weak. My main attack to the back of the opponent does often only 1200 dmg around, this so low in comparison what i can do with the other classes. If you are out of stealth and both melee attacks on cd, i dont know what to do...except using my blaster and dying quiete often. There are classes around where I do maybe 10-15% overall dmg - just with the two melee attacks. Wheras ranged classes or warrior classes are redicoulos strong.

Whats going on here, feel a little gimped.... ? How do you play the operative in low lvl pvp ? Is this class broken ?

Edited by BobaFurz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me I laugh at the nade and dart dmg in comparison to the dmg ouput of the other classes in the same lvl I played so far....my normal rifle burst attack is almost as high like a stealth melee attack, whats the point here. If you get out of stealth you have only seconds to dish out dmg and to get out of the area, otherwise you die.

Iam doing the following:

sneak to the target>main backstab attack>stun and/or 2nd melee attacks>dart>after that my target has often 80%+ hp left and I hop around doing rifle dmg or use my other CC to get out of the trouble, otherwise i die.

Is this a joke ? If you are out of stealth you get steamrolled by Shadows, marauders and sourcerers with their bubble who suck up the whole "backstab" attack....how is this in higher lvls ?

Isnt this a melee class after all......just wonder

Edited by BobaFurz

played assassin to 20 and operative to 38(atm) you are right our numbers isn't as big. the only time we get the big numbers is with backstab and laceration. it's different but I don't feel underpowered. I know with my assassin I felt my burst damage(maul shock) was much much higher but I had much more weakest attack swinging with all my force gone.

Operative pays off the higher you get. I've killed people before they've gotten up from my Hidden Strike trip. I've had 3.4k crits with HS, which leads into my backstab, shiv, lacerate combo. I straight up melt people. I don't even have Acid Blade yet. It's going to be scary when I do.

I feel comfortable 1v1ing any class, nothing can keep up with all the tools an Op gets.

Edited by Arduz

I get almost 3000 burst dmg just from a low lvl BH range attack after I pop up from stealth, looking at my tiny 1200 in close combat....common :confused:. Going rifle in close combat vs melee characters after the stealth attack...:mad:

Numbers not high, I thought this is the class with the highest direct dmg in the game ? Some kind of glass cannon....

Is bioware kidding us.....my lvl 16 sorcerer does 900dmg channeling per tick with slow effect !

Hope some higher lvl players can write something about their pvp expiriences "as the class with the highest direct dmg ouput"...

Edited by BobaFurz

I get almost 3000 burst dmg just from a low lvl BH range attack after I pop up from stealth, looking at my tiny 1200 in close combat....common :confused:. Going rifle in close combat vs melee characters after the stealth attack...:mad:

Numbers not high, I thought this is the class with the highest direct dmg in the game ? Some kind of glass cannon....

Is bioware kidding us.....

Hope some higher lvl players can write something about their pvp expiriences "as the class with the highest direct dmg ouput"...

You're seriously comparing classes at level 16? What a joke man. Op's start SLOW, you will have a rough time until 20, but it's not completely horrible.

Serious case of PEBCAK imo

You're seriously comparing classes at level 16? What a joke man. Op's start SLOW, you will have a rough time until 20, but it's not completely horrible.

Serious case of PEBCAK imo

I want to hear whats going on wiht the class in higher lvls...maybe read

I want to hear whats going on wiht the class in higher lvls...maybe read

Why don't you try reading instead of creating pointless threads? Theres plenty of people talking about early Op pvp. You will have a rough time until you're 20 and get Lacerate, period. You can still be a dominant force, but you have to choose your battles and play smart.

This is obviously not the class for you.

Why don't you try reading instead of creating pointless threads? Theres plenty of people talking about early Op pvp. You will have a rough time until you're 20 and get Lacerate, period. You can still be a dominant force, but you have to choose your battles and play smart.

This is obviously not the class for you.

Yeah you talk about ppl talking, but I was testing some classes myself up to a certain lvl. A lvl 38 was saying that the numbers are not high, thats why I wonder whats going on if this class is described with the highes dirct dmg output, isnt it some kind of melee rogue class if you specialize for it ? Not sure what lvl are you at the moment, just curios about people with higher lvls and how they are doing in pvp.

Edited by BobaFurz

honestly, is this a troll thread?

ive seriously felt on par or even slightly got more tools at my disposal.

The balance with heals and damage make me feel pretty much unbeatable so far 1v1, closingup to lvl 24. I usualy come out on top dmgwise and top the healing charts by miles and im full medic specced. can just see how dmg spec will make me kick even bigger buts.

Just my 2 scents!:D

i'm a lethality op level 26, and i'm pretty much top damage and top 3 in medals 90% of the warzones i'm in. give the class some time, it comes into it's own once you get your level 20 talent. i'm loving the versatility of Lethality, if things are too hairy to get into melee i can easily sit back in cover, DoT some people up and throw some snipes/rifle shots/explosive probes. once it becomes safe to get into melee without blowing up, your vibroblade abilities and overload shot just decimate people who've been softened up by your DoT's, and if that doesn't do the trick you can kite to your heart's content with Corrosive Grenade and Sever Tendon slows. I love it. so much survivability as well with the stealth and CC. Edited by Galteos

Level 22 and disagree totally. Regularly top the damage charts and have a chance against anyone 1v1. I am actually WORRIED about how I will be when I hit 40 as acid blade & hidden strike on top of what I do already is quite frankly scary.

I was stressing about the nurf bat and here you are saying we are weak!

i'm a lethality op level 26, and i'm pretty much top damage and top 3 in medals 90% of the warzones i'm in. give the class some time, it comes into it's own once you get your level 20 talent. i'm loving the versatility of Lethality, if things are too hairy to get into melee i can easily sit back in cover, DoT some people up and throw some snipes/rifle shots/explosive probes. once it becomes safe to get into melee without blowing up, your vibroblade abilities and overload shot just decimate people who've been softened up by your DoT's, and if that doesn't do the trick you can kite to your heart's content with Corrosive Grenade and Sever Tendon slows. I love it. so much survivability as well with the stealth and CC.

Wait till you get Cull, Cull is amazing.

Operative starts really slow and gets better as you get higher and get access to more abilities. I remember being level 16 and seeing my weak and pitiful 1k shivs and backstabs (so much so that I ended up just using snipe and explosive probe) and regretted going operative but I stuck with it and now I'm 31 and absolutely loving it. Can't wait till I get 40.

Take a knee and put explosive probe on them and then shoot them with the free attack for some nice burst damage, you dont even have to be in melee range.

I think lots of people forget about explosive probe because it resides on the cover bar most of the time.

when i was in beta playing a sage, operative ws the only class I feared. the knockdown out of stealth with the stun follower was just devastating, i'd never survive that combo unless i had break free and jedi sprint up. Operative is a great assassination type class.

Wait a moment, I asked how it is in higher lvls...you all know my story and my current level so dont talk like i would know the class fully.

I dont care about if you top the dmg charts with aoe dmg or throwing darts to every opponent you see, thats not direct dmg for me and this doesnt describe a pvp potential. Thats just spamming dmg around, like Bowman do or other ranged classes.

But it seems like the class advance quiete nice, reading other posts here....will stick with it and report back in some days.

Thank you for all the contributions...nice answers :)

Edited by BobaFurz

when i was in beta playing a sage, operative ws the only class I feared. the knockdown out of stealth with the stun follower was just devastating, i'd never survive that combo unless i had break free and jedi sprint up. Operative is a great assassination type class.

I love throwing my root dagger at Consulars when they pop force speed. No greater feeling in the game :p

and OP... again.. The damage isn't just from spamming low damage skills on people without getting kills. If anything, thats the lowbie BH thing -_-

I'll regularly be in the top 3 damage, but I have a ton of killing blows. Our melee combo is just SICK.

Edited by Arduz

To be honest at higher lvls operative do to much damage with the blade. Should be taken down bigtime.Alot of people complain about this ingame. And i agree.I know some of you want this AC to be 100% like the rouge in wow that can stun lock and one shot people and i hope the devs have any brains and never alow it or they will lose subs just like that joke wow have done the last year.

To be honest at higher lvls operative do to much damage with the blade. Should be taken down bigtime.Alot of people complain about this ingame. And i agree.I know some of you want this AC to be 100% like the rouge in wow that can stun lock and one shot people and i hope the devs have any brains and never alow it or they will lose subs just like that joke wow have done the last year.

Only a couple of days in and this guy is asking for a nerf already. Wait until the majority of players have hit 50 before saying a class needs the bat.

Lvl 21 operative - current status, so I dont forget the numbers to compare later when i reach higher lvl:

Main attack Backstab from Stealth: 900-1200 dmg on lvl 22 opponent with medium armor boosted in the battlegrounds, crits are very rare in general so far.

Second melee attack 700 dmg, 6 sec. cooldown.

Pure Rifle Shots, average 400-500 per hit

Corrosive Dart 225dmg per tick

Edited by BobaFurz

Only a couple of days in and this guy is asking for a nerf already. Wait until the majority of players have hit 50 before saying a class needs the bat.

Its not OP at all. We have high burst, but no knock backs or gap closers. Also we can''t stunlock, the knockdown from the hiddenstrike talent fills up the opponents resolve bar.

Edited by scrynen

Do Scoundrels need to be in stealth to attack with their main dmg rifle skill, which is the mirror skill to our melee ? Did fight a lvl 18 scoundrel who was running around me in circles and dishing out impressive high dmg shots.. Edited by BobaFurz