Nomi Sunrider VS Satele Shan

Slowpokeking

Who will win? Nomi has incredible skill of battle mediation but I don't think it's going to be useful in a 1v1 fight, her Sever Force ability is a good feat. Satele got incredible Force and lightsaber skill but nothing too special.

The arena: the known galaxy.

No other helps, just 1v1 duel to death.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Who will win? Nomi has incredible skill of battle mediation but I don't think it's going to be useful in a 1v1 fight, her Sever Force ability is a good feat. Satele got incredible Force and lightsaber skill but nothing too special.

The arena: the known galaxy.

No other helps, just 1v1 duel to death.

As for the battle meditation, I think Satele Shan has that to. So.... yeah.

But I think this would be a very close fight. It's hard to say who would win. I have a feeling Sunrider would win this one.

These things are hard to justify being Nomi Sunrider is 300+ years before Satele Shan who is by far a lead character of her time . Alot of things have happened in 300+ years , the Jedi have become more skilled , and more powerful . They have reorginized and learnt from more than 300+ years of War , Kun > Revan > The Empire .

So I say Satele Shan wins this because not only is she a RARE Jedi Grandmaster (Rare title amongst Jedi and the leader) , but shes had more too learn from than Nomi Sunrider and Nomi Sunrider is one of those lessons for sure .

Satele Shan has more Abilities Nomi has but Force Sever + Satele is a Frontline Warrior who has fought Sithlords of her time face to face.

I am sure it would not be a fact fight but when the smoke clears , Satele Shan will be the one still standing .

Edited by mefit

• 3 months later...

Clearly, you all know very little of Nomi Sunrider, her accomplishments, or her abilities. First of all, she was very skilled with a lightsaber. Second, she also became Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. As for Satele having "more to learn from," what is that exactly? Does she possess Revan's holocron? Did she learn from Nomi personally? Also, the "anti-dark side"? Where are you getting this garbage?

PS: Satele is actually the distant ancestor of Nomi Sunrider. Bastila Shan in KotOR was originally to be Vima Sunrider, Nomi's daughter. But her name and appearance were changed because Lucas did not own the rights to the Sunrider name. Where do you think Bastila and Satele got their talent for Battle Meditation? Nomi Sunrider.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Clearly, you all know very little of Nomi Sunrider, her accomplishments, or her abilities. First of all, she was very skilled with a lightsaber. Second, she also became Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. As for Satele having "more to learn from," what is that exactly? Does she possess Revan's holocron? Did she learn from Nomi personally? Also, the "anti-dark side"? Where are you getting this garbage?

PS: Satele is actually the distant ancestor of Nomi Sunrider. Bastila Shan in KotOR was originally to be Vima Sunrider, Nomi's daughter. But her name was changed because Lucas did not own the rights to the Sunrider name. Where do you think Bastila and Satele got their talent for Battle Meditation? Nomi Sunrider.

Basically this.

Satele Shan wishes she was in Nomi's league.

People ask whether or not the Shans are the Skywalkers of the Old Republic, the Sunriders want to say hello.

Edited by LadyKulvax

well personaly i prefer sunrider to satele.

And i find that theory that the jedi skills evolve over time a bit scketchy. In a universe where things remains stale for the most part doesnt make sense jedi in an advanced timeline being more skilled then the previous jedi.

Just like technology doesnt evolve much over milenia, that shouldnt evolve too, at least not that much that warrants a very big gap.

As the fight in it self, realy hard to say. Only that i prefer sunrider and her story over satele.

People ask whether or not the Shans are the Skywalkers of the Old Republic, the Sunriders want to say hello.

I also find amusing that Vima sunrider was to be featured in KOTOR instead of bastila shan, but the authors went for an original character.

not relevant for the issue at hand but i realy like the fact that you got to talk with sunrider and master Arca jeth as well vandar in the consular story. (well at least their AI) bastila too :p

Satele is actually the distant ancestor of Nomi Sunrider. Bastila Shan in KotOR was originally to be Vima Sunrider, Nomi's daughter. But her name and appearance were changed because Lucas did not own the rights to the Sunrider name. Where do you think Bastila and Satele got their talent for Battle Meditation? Nomi Sunrider.

You are partialy right. But you are partialy wrong too. Bastila isnt Vima sunrider shes an Original character all together. For once in KOTOR is very clear that her mother isnt force sensitve and was never a jedi.

I mean i would certainly cry if the Nomi sunrider would pass her last days in a cantina in tatooine. :D

As for batle meditation, being a power that can ne naturaly gifted to some jedi, doesnt mean any jedi powerfull enough cant learn it.

Edited by Spartanik

I also find amusing that Vima sunrider was to be featured in KOTOR instead of bastila shan, but the authors went for an original character.

Actually it's a good decision while due to license, characters should not rely on these bloodline to be awesome. Satele being the decedent of Revan and Bastila is also quite boring.

Actually it's a good decision while due to license, characters should not rely on these bloodline to be awesome. Satele being the decedent of Revan and Bastila is also quite boring.

well i agree that a character dont need that plot device to be awesome.

But im not disliking satele, for being decedent of revan and Bastila.

I dislike her mainly because we see litle of her during the game, not only that we know that she is decedent of revan, and not one scene with her and revan after the Maelstrom prison.. its well meeh. And why should her agree of his plans for the foundry? meeh it seems to me missed oportunities and bad writing or lack of a good one.

But i derail, back on topic.

Edited by Spartanik

You are partialy right. But you are partialy wrong too. Bastila isnt Vima sunrider shes an Original character all together. For once in KOTOR is very clear that her mother isnt force sensitve and was never a jedi. I mean i would certainly cry if the Nomi sunrider would pass her last days in a cantina in tatooine. :D

As for batle meditation, being a power that can ne naturaly gifted to some jedi, doesnt mean any jedi powerfull enough cant learn it.

That is only because Lucas could not acquire the rights to use the Sunrider name. Had they been able to use the name, those story elements would not have been changed to accommodate a new character.

In the end, however, Nomi was an expert with a lighsaber and a master of the Force. She had only been a Jedi for a short while when she severed Ulic Qel-Droma from the Force. There's no telling how powerful she became by the time she was appointed Jedi Grandmaster of the Order.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

That is only because Lucas could not acquire the rights to use the Sunrider name. Had they been able to use the name, those story elements would not have been changed to accommodate a new character.

In the end, however, Nomi was an expert with a lighsaber and a master of the Force. She had only been a Jedi for a short while when she severed Ulic Qel-Droma from the Force. There's no telling how powerful she became by the time she was appointed Jedi Grandmaster of the Order.

Because Ulic was deepy in sorrow of Cay's death so he didn't resist.

Because Ulic was deepy in sorrow of Cay's death so he didn't resist.

True. Not sure if he ever would against Nomi at least. Given the circunstances.

Im aware of that. Bothom line bastila isnt Vima, nor its sunrider decedent.

Edited by Spartanik

• 1 year later...
Why exactly would they be fighting? Did one of them turn to the darkside, in which case their abilities would be altered. Otherwise they would prefer to talk not fight, after all they are Jedi not Sith, Jedi tend not to battle each other.

That is the thing about this silly versus threads, they never take in consideration the nature of the characters, only their power levels and stats, it is so imature and nerdy.

In the end its the writters who decide who wins, if even come to that.. Not theoretical power levels and skills.