Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

mfourcustom

running a lot of 2.0 rated teams, are you? no. wait. US stopped pvping. saw that announcement in server forum. ;) shadows are wrecking house atm. mauls are crazy critting, and there's no cd on it ala smash or limited proc ala railshot. you can string 3 in a row pop a shock and/or discharge. target was dead 2 gcds ago.

sniper can be los'd. decepticon kills you before you know he's there. and he can spec tank to stealth guard very effectively.

Not that this is on topic at all, and I don't mean to come off as rude but what you're posting isn't really plausible, and if it was it wouldn't be optimal. You can't chain back-to-back-to-back Mauls together, because you'd have no Force. And if you did try a 3-straight Maul rotation, you wouldn't have Duplicity proc'd for 2 of those hits, and you'd also have probably about a 75% chance of NOT critting. IE, Maul would hit for about as much damage as the gutted Thermal Detonator does. :p Best case scenario of what you're saying is Spike>Maul>Low Slash>Maul>Voltaic Slash, you get really lucky and proc Duplicity again, are able to get behind the target somehow yet again and Maul once more. That's a lot of luck, GCDs, and badness of your opponent to rely on. And again, even if you did get lucky and killed someone with that, it's still a poor rotation that no good Deception player would use. So you'd be a bad Deception player killing an even worse player in a lucky scenario. Sounds about right.

On topic: I played AP for about 30 games over the past 2 days (I PvP exclusively). My observations are that Immolate either needs a shorter CD, a way to proc it off CD like PPA does for Railshot, or needs to do about 40% more damage. Yes, I'm serious. 40%. You can't have a top tier skill that's on a 15 second CD and has high resource cost deal 5k or less. (RIP TD.) Also, the Prototype Cylinders talent for High Energy Gas Cylinder is an absolute joke. 1% increased elemental damage? Seriously? You could make that talent give 5% increased elemental damage and it still wouldn't be OP.

Pyro is basically dead in any organized/competent setting. It deals slightly more damage than AP in PvP. But it is so much more fragile it's embarrassing. I can 1v1 Sentinels in AP. I can't do that in Pyro.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's sad that threads like this always get passed by devs .. and some stupid threads like.. "show off ur trooper" and " how big is ur lightsaber and such " always get their attention

Well it isn't surprising is it? The "PT/VG are nerfed and need help" threads are diametrically opposed to the devs line of thought. The "show off ur trooper" threads are not...

The devs don't think that VG/PT are weak. And their ingame stat collection system will back them up. It will show that VG/PT are the highest scoring dps in the game. Now it will do so solely because only the very best VG/PT players are left playing those toons. But BW doesn't care about that. BW just looks at the meta averages. And they say VG/PT are even more OP than in 1.7. Which is why the class will get nerfed again in 2.1.

/signed

It's not just on your server, number of players playing vanguards/powertech on ToFN are dropping too with rapid speed.

I hope that BioWare sees this and does something, because, seeing that character that was my main for almost year is absolutely gutted.

Well, meanwhile I'll move to my vigilance guardian.

/signed

Assault Vanguard was my main pvp character on Rep side. Leveled up in warzones and only pve content done was class story. Now it's totaled. Vanguard is now total laughing stock with every other dps class doing twice your damage and you drop dead like sack of stones. I have not seen another Vanguard in warzones for two days and other classes are starting to shun Vanguards because you basicly screw your team by being there.

Vanguard is now total laughing stock with every other dps class doing twice your damage and you drop dead like sack of stones.

Other classes can't do 2x your damage (assuming player skill is held constant). Maybe 25% higher for melee dps. And similar for Sorc dps.

However, it *is* well beyond the bounds of the purported "all classes with 5%" of each other tolerance that BW has previously claimed they design to. Don't hold your breath waiting for BW to buff PT/VG dps though. As explained earlier, more nerfs are coming.

Other classes can't do 2x your damage (assuming player skill is held constant). Maybe 25% higher for melee dps. And similar for Sorc dps.

However, it *is* well beyond the bounds of the purported "all classes with 5%" of each other tolerance that BW has previously claimed they design to. Don't hold your breath waiting for BW to buff PT/VG dps though. As explained earlier, more nerfs are coming.

Maybe 25% higher in sustained dps but in burst it's 50% for sure. Snipers, Smashmonkeys, Assassins, Mercs, even Sorcs all burst you down like it's nothing and you cant even get half their life down at the same time.

For pvp ... all of you switch to tactics

The survivability is insanely high with the new dmg reduction passives in the tactics skill tree and reworked adrenaline rush.

The Gut, Stockstrike, always critting HiB + Fire pulse provides a good enough burst followed by pulse cannon which forces the target to stun you. After that just spam ion pulse and continue with the burst rotation.

Always make sure you have 3 stacks of pulse cannon before you start the initial burst.

Playing tactics also allows to finally take the pvp combat tech set bonuses for increased aoe stun and even more burst with 15% crit chance on stockstrike.

I had incredibly good results as a tactics player in pvp, almost as good as full Assault in pre 2.0.

As for pve .... the Hybrid spec from the PTS is still very much viable as long as they fix the Ion Pulse 30% crit dmg bonus not working atm.

Overall we have been nerved, true, but only just a little.

The Gut, Stockstrike, always critting HiB + Fire pulse provides a good enough burst.

Problem is that while you perform that rotation of those 4 abilities that each hit for 5k max, usually lower, the other dps classes hit you with 4 abilities that hit 8-10k each and guess who ends up dead.

Before 2.0, this is how it felt like fighting geared PTs. In 1.7 the burst of your class in PvP was just way too high. And everything was instant! >_<. But this was "compensated" by being "squishy" and having few ways to defend yourselves. But once a healer healbots you.. :eek:

Before 2.0, this is how it felt like fighting geared PTs. In 1.7 the burst of your class in PvP was just way too high. And everything was instant! >_<. But this was "compensated" by being "squishy" and having few ways to defend yourselves. But once a healer healbots you.. :eek:

Like, compared to Warriors/Knights, Sins/Shadows, Sniper/GS? Now throw in some dps Operative/Scoundrel and what rationale do you have left?

The class is defanged, relegated to tank duty. Let the sweep/smash kids keep doing their thing, same with the assassins and shadows.

Am I the only one who doesn't take Hyper Assault Cell? It makes a bad move slightly better. I never use it and it's damage is horrible? I don't see why people waste the points. So you can run into a crowd and AoE them and put a horrible DoT on them?

Am I the only one who doesn't take Hyper Assault Cell? It makes a bad move slightly better. I never use it and it's damage is horrible? I don't see why people waste the points. So you can run into a crowd and AoE them and put a horrible DoT on them?

Nope your not, when i spec assault i intentionally miss this out in favor of Nightvision Scope, 2% extra defence is another sheet of paper armour on our squishyness.

Plus decloaking Operatives before they open up from behind is a major bonus

• 2 weeks later...