Augments! Who makes them?

CthulhuRyleh

- slicing provide the blue / purple materials

- armortech makes the aim, cunning, absorb, shield augments

- armstech makes the presence, endurance, defense, power augments

- synthweaving makes the strength, willpower, critical, surge augments

I listed these off the top of my head so I may have one or two wrong...

- slicing provide the blue / purple materials

- armortech makes the aim, cunning, absorb, shield augments

- armstech makes the presence, endurance, defense, power augments

- synthweaving makes the strength, willpower, critical, surge augments

I listed these off the top of my head so I may have one or two wrong...

synth does defense augs

1. You need level 400

2. you get recs from slicing

3. Artifice does not make auguments. (unless I'm mistaken)

400?! seriously?! That seems ridiculous, I made augment slots so early on but I can't actually make the augment until way later? That is disappointing that I'd have to buy my augments for my low levels.

I believe you can make augments as soon as you can learn new schematics, there are augments for level 20 etc...

The schematics can be found as uncommon from missions (I don't remember which I think it's slicing but I may be wrong), and can be bought from the GTN as well (usually quite cheap).

However, there is very little point in going through the extra effort of putting augments in a character that is not level 50, as the augment mechanism was added after the game went live, so the leveling power curve was tuned without the augments.

Keep your credits!

Edited by Oggthebase

I believe you can make augments as soon as you can learn new schematics, there are augments for level 20 etc...

The schematics can be found as uncommon from missions (I don't remember which I think it's slicing but I may be wrong), and can be bought from the GTN as well (usually quite cheap).

However, there is very little point in going through the extra effort of putting augments in a character that is not level 50, as the augment mechanism was added after the game went live, so the leveling power curve was tuned without the augments.

Keep your credits!

Maybe I'm an idiot but I don't quite get what your saying. Let me tell you what I am planning and you can tell me why it's a bad idea!

I'm just playing my Gunslinger and put augment slots in both my guns, I like to role play my character and my character has an unhealthy obsession with his guns (him and Corso get along great) so I figured my character would be all about upgrading his guns so putting augments in them would be suitable. Now I am only level 17 on him so any augments I get will no doubt be minor but I'd still like to have them. Role play aside why exactly is it a bad idea to augment your gear at low levels?

Augmenting gear is expensive, so doing it at lower levels is not advisable and the content was originally designed prior to augmentation being an option so you will outgear the content for the most part. You will also quickly outlevel most of your gear, so make sure that if you do choose to augment a piece, that it is at least an orange item that you can change the parts of to upgrade later. There are schematics for lower level augments out there, but keep in mind that there are also different augment kit levels as well. You can only place an augment into a slot if the kit you used to create that augment slot was of equal level or higher. The crafting skill requirement for the lower level augments and augment kits scales based on quality just like all other craftable gear. I personally have never made the lower tier augments, so i don't know what mats they use, but I know that schematics drop frequently on slicing missions. If you don't have multiple toons, then it will be difficult to have the crew skills needed to be a successful crafter in one profession and carry slicing as well. If you truly want armstech, armormech, or synthweaving just for augment kits and augments, then don't take the mission skill and take slicing instead. Thus you would have the crafting skill, gathering skill (archaeology or scavenging depending on which crafting skill) and slicing.

Exactly what Jadescythe wrote.

You can indeed roleplay your gunslinger so that he has an obsession with guns, and try to keep the augment slots on his guns up to date as you level him, but it'll be a lot of effort for little gain, apart from your own roleplaying satisfaction.