Rise of the Hutt Cartel: the Smuggler and the Sith?

Obianon

So, I'm excited for the new Rise of the Hutt Cartel "expansion," but was particularly interested with the new artwork that is prominently displayed on the website now, showing a woman (who I presume to be a Smuggler) and a pureblood Sith. While its possible BW just put a couple of characters up there to visually represent each faction... I'm not so sure.

So...my question is: who are these two? :rak_02: Has anyone heard anything from BW about them? And if they are in fact just two characters added to represent each faction....we loregeeks should definetly make something up.

So, I'm excited for the new Rise of the Hutt Cartel "expansion," but was particularly interested with the new artwork that is prominently displayed on the website now, showing a woman (who I presume to be a Smuggler) and a pureblood Sith. While its possible BW just put a couple of characters up there to visually represent each faction... I'm not so sure.

So...my question is: who are these two? :rak_02: Has anyone heard anything from BW about them? And if they are in fact just two characters added to represent each faction....we loregeeks should definetly make something up.

Remember seeing someone ask Hall Hood the same question:

https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/288370181053480961

Doubt it...especially since the SWTOR Encyclopedia kinda implies the Smuggler is male. (I think it was on page 120....the entry for the Voidwolf refers to the Smuggler as "he".)

This is Star Wars - everything has a canon set after a while. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the canon Jedi Knight was a Human male who married Kira and made every lightside decision.

This is Star Wars - everything has a canon set after a while. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the canon Jedi Knight was a Human male who married Kira and made every lightside decision.

no please no,no canon,it would totally destroy my light sided sith head canon.

no please no,no canon,it would totally destroy my light sided sith head canon.

Same here, but I have a feeling it's coming (might be a while, but it'll come), and our LS Sith will be on the chopping block... :(

They'll sit right next to my non-canon LSF Exile not named Meetra Surik.

they are not canon representations of any class - as those who were on the original box were not representations for them. Those gonna be main NPC of this expansion, probably leaders of assault/companions that every class will get after completting ROTHC ( speculation ). They are 100% not your characters.

New NPCs? Very interesting. I can't recall any other point at which NPCs have been advertised for SWTOR expansions in this style. The only time that happened was when the game was launched and we saw Satele, Malgus, Shae Vizla (who is yet to make an appearance O_o) and Jace Malcolm. So these characters could very well play major roles in future story... interesting. I wonder who they could be? Any ideas?

I'm hesitant to say that one is a new Dark Council member, he looks like more of a warrior...

P.S. No offence guys but your kinda silly if you think these are the new canon-classes. How exactly will that work? Your going to meet yourself in the game or something? :p

Edited by Beniboybling

well, if they are the sgr npcs, i will enjoy getting to know that very cute smuggler. i just hope i like her personality... hopefully she'll be snappy and smart mouthed like my smuggler.

I can only hope they will not, no poster character of SW:ToR deserves such cruel fate; definately not a Sith Pureblood ( whos probably genetically made to be purely healthy and breed beings that gonna breed further crimson warriors ). Let heroes be heroes ( and sgr stay in the sgr topic )

I can only hope they will not, no poster character of SW:ToR deserves such cruel fate; definately not a Sith Pureblood ( whos probably genetically made to be purely healthy and breed beings that gonna breed further crimson warriors ). Let heroes be heroes ( and sgr stay in the sgr topic )

said i wouldn't respond.... but, i gotta. cause this is just homophobia at it's most hilarious... lol, you'd think living in 2013 would make a bit of a difference.

said i wouldn't respond.... but, i gotta. cause this is just homophobia at it's most hilarious... lol, you'd think living in 2013 would make a bit of a difference.

I was wondering what kind of words you gonna use, altho I hoped that you will mention some distant past like "we live in civilised world, it is twwwwwenttti fyrssst centurrriii not 1652 anno domini", a little bit of a letdown, and please do not call me that horrible word, I'm not afraid of this kind of people and I do not accept other form of definition for this word. You have your pretty thread with gazillion of pages, there is no need to transfer those "special" preferences into other topics that are about something totally different. and please, be tolerant, I have right to disagree with such things just as I can disagree with any other form of relationships in swtor if they are not to my liking.

I was wondering what kind of words you gonna use, altho I hoped that you will mention some distant past like "we live in civilised world, it is twwwwwenttti fyrssst centurrriii not 1652 anno domini", a little bit of a letdown, and please do not call me that horrible word, I'm not afraid of this kind of people and I do not accept other form of definition for this word. You have your pretty thread with gazillion of pages, there is no need to transfer those "special" preferences into other topics that are about something totally different. and please, be tolerant, I have right to disagree with such things just as I can disagree with any other form of relationships in swtor if they are not to my liking.
That's great an all but also hypocritical. You say your entitled to your beliefs, but so is everyone else, so don't tell her to keep her opinions to the SRG threads. She's got just as much a right to voice her opinions as you do.

That's great an all but also hypocritical. You say your entitled to your beliefs, but so is everyone else, so don't tell her to keep her opinions to the SRG threads. She's got just as much a right to voice her opinions as you do.

hypocrisy is wonderful but in that case not exactly accurate. first of all, I'm entitled to knowledge, they are to beliefs. This topic is not about sgr or relationships in any form so my comment was stricly about that: heroes of the cover of ROTHC; about whenether they are player characters, not about their taste in deviations of any sort. And about your last phrase, unfortunately, yes, and I respect that.

Edited by Surinen