EVGA GeForce GT 520 2GB performance?

KorrigTS

Not a gaming card. Nvidia naming goes like this:

5 (generation series), 2 (relative power level of the card), 0 (extra digit to make it look impressive).

520 is the worst 5 series you can buy. Get a 450-470 or 550-570. There are good deals on 450's and it'll do real well.

5 (generation series), 2 (relative power level of the card), 0 (extra digit to make it look impressive).

520 is the worst 5 series you can buy. Get a 450-470 or 550-570. There are good deals on 450's and it'll do real well.

lol close enough the final digit is for "revisions" to a platform, such as the "GTX 275".

I have to agree... I am running a Nvidia GTS 450, and I get no lag game runs smooth, and I run everything on high, and I put the distance and shadows on max.

What about the XFX Radeon HD 6570, is that a good enough one?

It's about the same level as a 520.

If you get it cheap, fine, if you have to pay a lot for it, no.

So, the 520 was $80 and obviously the wrong choice lol. Any suggestions on what would be a good choice in that range? thx in advance

80 dollars in the US is too much, elsewhere it might be ok. For sub 100 dollars, I'd recommend a 5670/6670 instead. Or if you can find something used, you can go better than that a bit.

Edited by Colobulous

Hell I have a GTX 260 and i run flawless on full settings minus those damn shadows, lol.

I have a GT240 mine works ok, however arent they having issues with the graphics settings in game. For awhile some people were saying that there wasnt any visual difference between low and high setting, also that people running at low setting were getting worse FPS but when they changed to high they had better FPS.

Im getting a GTX460 this weekend to do a decent boost on this rig hope for much better FPS then I am currently getting cause WZ are killing me atm -_-

Edited by WolfAttack

Why is there no talk of AMD cards in here? They are proven to have better FPS in this game.

If you are buying a card primarily for this game you should be looking at an AMD, something along the lines of a 6950 would do you very nicely.

And i'm not a fanboy, I own a GTX 480, but facts are facts.

What about the XFX Radeon HD 6570, is that a good enough one?

Actually, this is much better than the 520. The 520 is a sucker card. The 6570 is at least an acceptable entry point into gaming if you are not too demanding, or gaming on a tight budget. It's not amazing, but it'll work very well for the price. However, the 6700 series is an even better value for what is usually only a few dollars more.

• 4 weeks later...

After buying this card last night at bestbuy for 100bucks, i have had nothing but problems while playing the game. =( i found this post from Googling "GT 520 Problems" lol I'm returning the card tomorow, and hopefully find something better.

So, i obviously DON'T know what to look for in a graphics card, anyone have suggestions as to where to buy them? or what is the best one i could get for under $100?

Thanks in advance :)

• 3 weeks later...
your wrong it can run on at least medium. You guys severly overestimate this game. A 7800 is the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and the 520 is much better than that.

This minimum you read is only to lie ppl like you to buy the game that will not run on their PC. A lot of years passed since recommended is actually the minimum req for really playing the game and not only being able to launch it.

Edited by SBite

i just like to say i got the GeForce gt 520 for the hell of it. well u all say it sucks *** but really it doesn't. with my old one i was having a latency of 100 now i have 10-20. i mean i could be that u all have low ram and it need the ram from the card to run faster u need at least 8-12 in ram to run this game good and i have 16 ram so no game or internet page is slow for me. i mean my old video card was crap but it still did it job. that latency meter is wrong all the time, so never trusted it. but my point is GeForce gt 520 is not a bad card and works great. just thought i should say something about that. Edited by captinrexs

I recently upgraded to a 560 (not the Ti) 1GB, and even with my old dual-core processor it runs TOR very nicely indeed. Very happy with my purchase. EVGA are also quite reputable, they made this card.

Always go for an X60 or above when it comes to the current nVidia card naming conventions. Anything below is mainly for media playback and editing - not "proper" gaming.

460, and 560, or 480 and 580, and the Ti models of these, are good recommendations.

Hope this helps!

Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our General FAQs for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!