[[PvP MOVIE]] 50 Vanguard 1v1s and 1vNs

Raggok

Hello,

This is another entertainment style vid. I've indicated the HP of my opponents just to give an idea of what their gear level is. HP is definitely not a good way to judge skill, however.

I start this movie off with a couple of losses because people need to understand that I am a mature and level-headed PvPer. I won't publicly trash talk or demean people I kill or beat in PvP. I'd like to expect the same from others, but I know I can't. I lose fights against good players. It happens. Sometimes I am outgeared. Sometimes my crucial cooldowns aren't up. Sometimes I lose because of a class disadvantage (like mercenaries when fighting me, for example). Sometimes I just flat-out get outplayed. I expect that most players experience the same.

I've chosen (with a few exceptions) to go with "nail-biter" types of fights in this movie with very close outcomes. Most of the people in this movie are well-geared or at least have better overal gear than myself. My gear is a mixture of centurion and champion gear. I do not have biochem, however I will pop consumables here and there. ;)

When I set out to make a movie, I typically have one of two goals in mind. And, that is either to educate or entertain.

Hope you enjoy. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to you, this is a great change of pace from the usual ZOMG 7k CRIT BEST EVER videos, this is actually a showcase of the class and your ability.

Probably the first video i've actually seen where the person filmed actually dies, makes your videos seem a whole lot more realistic and less like it's just stupid luck clips against terrible players from hundreds of bgs edited together.

Lots of jumping is annoying though.

Edited by Aidank

Can link your build you are using?

Also what are you using to get a 5.5k Heal in combat?

Yea I'm confused on this too. You're clearly using cyber grenades so you can't have bio? Good vid though. I'd considered using that build for kiting before. It seems to be a bit lacking on damage for regular fights though.

Edited by Sorenia

Good video, glad to see you took up some bio-chem fun. Always nice to see the contrast between fights won and lost, rather than the usual big crit highlight reals. While your latest Video is entertaining, fluid, and cinematic I still prefer the commentary videos as they are more informative. The notes pointing out mistakes or important points were appreciated.

What I think would be the most beneficial / informative videos are use X tactics / abilities verse this class or combo (do's and don't) For example what does a sentinels guarded by the force look like what to do when certain class abilities are active. One of my favorite things to do a assassin / shadow pops resilience instead of wasting force or tech attacks against them (immune while they glow white) you can hit the with regular melee attack (re-sourceless attack) or ranged attack, or switch to healing or kiting while an that particular ability is active.

Still enjoyed the latest video, by all means do whats most fun for you... you don't have to educate the masses. I look forward to playing a Vanguard soon.

This video shows exactly why I dont like tactics, its pretty much a one and done spec. Oh and Spamming only ion pulse is boring as hell. Oh and if you're trying to 1v2 anything with a healer? forget about it, you wont be doing much. You do a pretty decent job with it tho. props. Edited by Loveshock

Firstly, I like the video editing.

Secondly, here some Ritalin it might help you with your urge of jumping - I guess you can't break the WoW behavior.

And of course you show lost fights, where you still look good ;-)

Anyway, besides the childish hopping, it's a decent to good clip.

Why do you play a mostly melee/tank class and kite people around? I think your playstyle would cater more to commando.

Commandos aren't built for kiting. DPS Vanguards are. Also...

Hint: I'm not in the tanking tree.

Secondly, here some Ritalin it might help you with your urge of jumping - I guess you can't break the WoW behavior.

It's not WoW behavior. It's behavior from over 10 years of PvPing. Sometimes the jumps are not necessary and just part of my rhythm, but sometimes the jump is something that is necessary.

It has far less impact on the outcome of the fight than nitpickers like to think, however.

And of course you show lost fights, where you still look good ;-)

Um, okay.... I guess I'll have to include some clips where I lose while I'm backpedalling or mouseclicking abilities or something? :p

Edited by Raggok