Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

Beniboybling

Saying that Revan has to try attacking Malachor is like saying Traya has to try boarding Revan's flagship.

Exactly. But given that Beni has been arguing in favor of Kreia throughout the debate, and insistent on shoehorning Revan into a 1v1 in the place she's most powerful...I think his decision was made a while back.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. But given that Beni has been arguing in favor of Kreia throughout the debate, and insistent on shoehorning Revan into a 1v1 in the place she's most powerful...I think his decision was made a while back.

Except it was the only possible scenario for Revan to confront Traya. She is unlikely to leave Malachor, which means Revan has to confront her, per the Kaggath rules.

As per the rules of the Kaggath, Kreia also shouldn't be able to hide...

She's not really hiding. She's using her weapons and resources to their fullest. It's a part of her character to wait for her enemy. She's a plotter.

Revan is aggressive and would attack. But if you want to go on about how unfair such an engagement is, go ahead. We'll wait for Beni to announce the victor.

Edit: And there's nothing in the rules about "no hiding". So Traya can sit at Malachor all she wants. She's not breaking any rules and its in her character to lurk in the shadows and manipulate things.

Edited by Aurbere

Except it was the only possible scenario for Revan to confront Traya. She is unlikely to leave Malachor, which means Revan has to confront her, per the Kaggath rules.

In a Kaggath you don't have to kill the other person, its until death or surrender so unless we are changing the rules of a Kaggath all Revan has to do is wait her out on the planet filled with a bunch of sith with nowhere to go.

Edit: Read the rules, we did change it. :p

Edit #2: He waits her out until they all kill eachother, resulting in her death, resulting in his victory.

Edited by Airmo

In a Kaggath you don't have to kill the other person, its until death or surrender so unless we are changing the rules of a Kaggath all Revan has to do is wait her out on the planet filled with a bunch of sith with nowhere to go.

I doubt Traya would surrender, I doubt Revan would surrender. If neither of them surrender, what do we do? If surrender isn't an option and Revan won't confront Traya, he has forfeited. Traya has set up the perfect scenario for victory. If Revan refuses to follow the rules of the Kaggath, he forfeits.

Why don't we wait to see how Beni has decided things? He said that he was impartial so I assume he has made a decision after considering all of the angles.

I doubt Traya would surrender, I doubt Revan would surrender. If neither of them surrender, what do we do? If surrender isn't an option and Revan won't confront Traya, he has forfeited. Traya has set up the perfect scenario for victory. If Revan refuses to follow the rules of the Kaggath, he forfeits.

Why don't we wait to see how Beni has decided things? He said that he was impartial so I assume he has made a decision after considering all of the angles.

Except Revan waiting for them all to die? Why waste his men when they have no way of leaving the planet? Even if the victor has already been decided there's no harm in keeping it going.

Except Revan waiting for them all to die? Why waste his men when they have no way of leaving the planet? Even if the victor has already been decided there's no harm in keeping it going.

Revan's gonna have to sit there for a long time. The Dark energies of Malachor will sustain them for a long time. How long do you think Revan will sit there waiting? Waiting isn't in his character. The Mandalorian Wars are proof of that.

Revan's gonna have to sit there for a long time. The Dark energies of Malachor will sustain them for a long time. How long do you think Revan will sit there waiting? Waiting isn't in his character. The Mandalorian Wars are proof of that.

The Mando wars were different, the Mando's were slaughtering people, stranded on Malachor Kreia is of no harm to anyone. And I doubt even with the help of Malachor they could be sustained forever.

The Mando wars were different, the Mando's were slaughtering people, stranded on Malachor Kreia is of no harm to anyone. And I doubt even with the help of Malachor they could be sustained forever.

Forever is a long time indeed. However, it would sustain them long enough for Revan to lose patience. How long can Traya and her forces last? I don't know, but we have reached an impasse. This stand-off could go on for a long time.

Forever is a long time indeed. However, it would sustain them long enough for Revan to lose patience. How long can Traya and her forces last? I don't know, but we have reached an impasse. This stand-off could go on for a long time.

Not like Revan will just sit there above Malachor the whole time, with Kreia's fleet gone all of her forces are stranded she can't go anywhere. Heck he could just send out a message for anyone to leave the planet alone or restrict it and say because "the Republic said so" and leave. How will they get off planet and win? with the MSG effect all over the planet they can't expect a pick up. Her fortress is now a prison.

Edited by Airmo

Not like Revan will just sit there above Malachor the whole time, with Kreia's fleet gone all of her forces are stranded she can't go anywhere. Heck he could just send out a message for anyone to leave the planet alone or restrict it and say because "the Republic said so" and leave. How will they get off planet and win? with the MSG effect all over the planet they can't expect a pick up. Her fortress is now a prison.

True, she has imprisoned herself there. But the rules say one of them has to die in battle. In any other scenario, Revan could gain victory by doing that, but here, they must engage each other. Which means we have an impasse... again.

Impatient or not, I doubt Revan is foolish enough to assault an unwinnable objective like Malachor V.

The only plausible reason for doing so that I have seen stated thus far is that it is in the Kaggath rules. Except, where in the rules does it say *Revan* is the one who has to make the suicidal attack? If Revan plays Traya's game of sitting and waiting, shouldn't *she* also be obligated by the rules to try and attack him?

Since these characters would both have to be incredibly stupid to attack the other's position in this circumstance, the only thing that can determine victory is a direct statement from the OP sending one or the other to their doom. Since the OP is supposed to be impartial, any such statement ruins the Kaggath.

I don't think there is any *real* winner here.

EDIT:

Alternatively, they both win :)

That said, up until the end here, this was really fun :D

Edited by Darth_Scelestus

True, she has imprisoned herself there. But the rules say one of them has to die in battle. In any other scenario, Revan could gain victory by doing that, but here, they must engage each other. Which means we have an impasse... again.

Where in the rules does it say they have to die in battle? =/

Impatient or not, I doubt Revan is foolish enough to assault an unwinnable objective like Malachor V.

The only plausible reason for doing so that I have seen stated thus far is that it is in the Kaggath rules. Except, where in the rules does it say *Revan* is the one who has to make the suicidal attack? If Revan plays Traya's game of sitting and waiting, shouldn't *she* also be obligated by the rules to try and attack him?

Since these characters would both have to be incredibly stupid to attack the other's position in this circumstance, the only thing that can determine victory is a direct statement from the OP sending one or the other to their doom. Since the OP is supposed to be impartial, any such statement ruins the Kaggath.

EDIT:

Alternatively, they both win :)

I...agree. :p

This has been a great debate and not a flame war (although someone did make a useless personal attack against me).

I would just like to note that Traya can't engage Revan because she has no means of escaping Malachor. She's trapped there and since the rules of the Kaggath state that someone has to die, Revan has to go to her. While in a "real world" situation, Revan could just leave and let Traya die there. The rules state that this is a battle and such an ending doesn't make for a Kaggath. Since this is a Kaggath, they have to fight or someone has to surrender. Neither of them are going to surrender so they have to fight. And since Traya can't leave Malachor, Revan has to go to her.

Anyway, great debate with you all. I'm surprised this didn't erupt into a flame war like any other Revan thread.

This has been a great debate and not a flame war (although someone did make a useless personal attack against me).

I would just like to note that Traya can't engage Revan because she has no means of escaping Malachor. She's trapped there and since the rules of the Kaggath state that someone has to die, Revan has to go to her. While in a "real world" situation, Revan could just leave and let Traya die there. The rules state that this is a battle and such an ending doesn't make for a Kaggath. Since this is a Kaggath, they have to fight or someone has to surrender. Neither of them are going to surrender so they have to fight. And since Traya can't leave Malachor, Revan has to go to her.

Anyway, great debate with you all. I'm surprised this didn't erupt into a flame war like any other Revan thread.

Yes! It has been a epic battle of wits hasn't it?

0.o there have been no flames?? In a REVAN thread?!?!

QUICK! Restore balance to the Interntz!!

FLAME FLAME FLAME!!

...I just set myself on fire. Dang.

Edited by Darth_Scelestus

The rules of this Kaggath say no surrender, they say nothing about them having to fight eachother in one on one combat to the death. I don't really think it matters if Revan leaving Kreia to die would make a good Kaggath anyway, considering this Revan is a Jedi and a Kaggath is between sith. :p

And this has been a great read.

Edited by Airmo

The rules of this Kaggath say no surrender, they say nothing about them having to fight eachother to the death. I don't really think it matters if Revan leaving Kreia to die would make a good Kaggath anyway, considering this Revan is a Jedi and a Kaggath is between sith. :p

And this has been a great read.

Technically, the rules say "fight to the death!"

Doesn't matter. This is one of the few Revan threads that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Mainly because flaming was kept to a minimum. Though there was that one instance of a pathetic attempt to bash me, but that's in the past.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one. I'm hoping we see Naga Sadow in a future battle. What do you all think?

Technically, the rules say "fight to the death!"

Doesn't matter. This is one of the few Revan threads that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Mainly because flaming was kept to a minimum. Though there was that one instance of a pathetic attempt to bash me, but that's in the past.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one. I'm hoping we see Naga Sadow in a future battle. What do you all think?

Yeessss...but they did fight! in the space battle.."fight which implies battle" Revan just doesn't have to deliver the killing blow. :p ..NOW I AM FINISHED. lol

I think we should see Han Solo vs Deadeye Duncan.