Sentinel Class Representative

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As we explained in this thread, we are launching a new program where you, the players, will elect a representative for your Advanced Class. This person should be someone who is an active member of your class community, is respectful towards other members, and is very knowledgeable about the state of your class. Reply below with your nominations! Please nominate other players by their forum handles.

As a note, keep things positive! Normal forum rules still apply.

-The Community Team

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if he wants it, but Hywhan #1

to elaborate, he's EXTREMELY knowledgeable & experienced with all specs of the class, has at least 1 of each advanced class so he knows other classes' strengths/weaknesses, and is extremely articulate/objective when discussing strategy/specs with other players. Plus he's the most respectful/positive player in this game, and he's been carrying me since launch.

/fangirl

Edited by nager_bomb

If elected, I will strive for balance between the 3 sentinel/marauder specs, as well as relative to the 7 other ACs, both in PvP and PvE. I have mained a sentinel (known as Kakarrot on the Bastion, recently transferred to POT5 as Kacarrot for better ping, ranked times, and friends) since launch, with over 94 days played on him. I have a 55 of all 8 advanced classes, each of which I usually do the pvp daily on every day, so I'm somewhat knowledgeable about the other classes. I enjoy theorycrafting, as my friends will tell you.

My post-2.0 PvE experience is limited to clearing HM TFB, SM SnV, and HM SnV - so I might need some input from others about PvE related questions.

Watchman/annihilation spec's viability in competitive PvP would be one of the concerns I would put forth, as well as focus/rage spec's slight overpoweredness.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Someone who doesn't have a well rounded play of the class is a terrible representative, but then again, class representatives are also a terrible idea. Most players are insular and only focus on the areas that matter most to them. As an example, when EverQuest tried this it failed horribly. The Ranger class representative never had a character that participated in raids. He spent most of his time crying about hard it was for casuals to get good gear or solo.

If you pick someone, please let it be someone who actually actively participates in end game PvE and rated PvP. Not someone who only plays part of the game, and would rely on others to bring ideas forward. I can't support someone who hasn't been raiding Nightmare TFB/SV or hasn't been actively participating in rated PvP. Relying on someone to represent the class as whole will never work. Just shoot for someone who would cover a majority of the player base that matters.

Or a better idea, elect a PvP and a PvE representative.

Edited by Barnard

I can't support someone who hasn't been raiding Nightmare TFB/SV or hasn't been actively participating in rated PvP.

Finding people who've been doing both hardcore PvE progression AND competitive ranked PvP is going to be very difficult.

Or a better idea, elect a PvP and a PvE representative.

This would be my suggestion, but they've already stated that they're against this idea.

Funny.

I'm not sure who you are, but I'm not sure why you're "laughing." I see that several other people have voted for you, and I am happy for you. But I'm not sure if you're trying to insult me, and if you are, I don't know what your reasoning behind it is.

Either way, I just hope you don't have malicious intent with your post, I am just here to have fun and play the game. I didn't even know people were going to nominate me, I just opened this thread out of curiosity and I was very surprised to see myself get voted.

On another topic, I would like to thank everybody for voting for me. I honestly just came into this thread out of pure curiosity to see who was being nominated, and I was EXTREMELY surprised to see my name mentioned so many times. I thank you all for the votes.

Edited by KrunchyMedia