new vengeance buffs are niiiiiice

TwistedTony

doesn't lower ability cd's

But the gcd decrease is so tiny and as we do not benefit from shortened casttimes (ravage stays the same), we can just focus on the stats, that are really important to us

The problem with the alacrity mods is that they're always at the expense of critical, power, surge and accuracy. Our accuracy should always remain at 100% and crit/surge should be at 30%/75% before buffs. In the full vindicator set with the alacrity, mine went down to around 16% crit, 65% surge, and 96% accuracy. Not the best numbers in the world.

I thought this time, ok if that's how stats are supposed to be now, I should test and see if I should forego accuracy/crit/surge and focus on alacrity so I visited a training dummy with two sets of gear with me. I compared on my main juggernaut the difference between gear with alacrity verses gear with no alacrity and a lot more focus on power/accuracy/crit/surge. For the gear with more alacrity at the expense of crit power/accuracy/crit/surge and my time with the dummy on the fleet came out to 1887.6 while when I kicked out the alacrity and rearranged my gear to get my crit, surge and accuracy to where they were before it came to 1966.7. So, yeah, I must say don't waste time with alacrity at the expense of power/accuracy/crit/surge as it clearly doesn't pay off in the end for melee DPS.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot to buy the mara set to test it out b4 they took away the ablity to buy gear with set bonuson the PTS . has anyone tested if it is better to use the 2 set mara set bonus or the 4 set jugg one cause it feels like ravage doens't proc as often anymore unless ur lucky i could be wrong but just feels like it.

i forgot to buy the mara set to test it out b4 they took away the ablity to buy gear with set bonuson the PTS . has anyone tested if it is better to use the 2 set mara set bonus or the 4 set jugg one cause it feels like ravage doens't proc as often anymore unless ur lucky i could be wrong but just feels like it.

You can get both the 2 piece and 4 piece since the belt now has armoring. I've got both and it's pretty awesome.

You can get both the 2 piece and 4 piece since the belt now has armoring. I've got both and it's pretty awesome.

The belt and stuff counts now? Alright!!! Now, how to get the marauder two piece bonus from my marauder to my juggernaut on the PTS....

Only the belt counts, I think, but with 5 other pieces that we already can put armorings in, you get 6 so pick 4 for your Vindicator, and 2 for the Marauder pieces. This also gives us a tad more strength, since the Marauder armorings have less end and more strength.

I checked on the PTS yesterday. Neither the challengers' belt and bracers, nor the weapon masters' armorings give the set bonuses. Since armorings are now tied to a specific gear piece, I'm afraid we'll have to choose which set bonus we want.

I checked on the PTS yesterday. Neither the challengers' belt and bracers, nor the weapon masters' armorings give the set bonuses. Since armorings are now tied to a specific gear piece, I'm afraid we'll have to choose which set bonus we want.

They must have changed it recently, then. I haven't checked since the early patches of it. I'd go with the Challenger bonus, since Ravage is our hardest hitting ability.