3/36 BM tokens per bags opened , 25% out of what, 1000!!!!

Killamanjaroo

Terrible system, very demoralizing too see new BMs with full gear and me at almost 65 with one piece.

Check your logs on my character to see how flawed this system is. This is not progression at all.

The fact that a BW dev can sit there and generate a 1000 BM bags does not translate to a player getting 2 per day.

Again, check your logs on my toon. Killamanajaroo@The Fatman.

I even put in a petition to get a refund on my one BM piece so I can buy something else and feel like I am progressing.

And people are mad about how much medal farming there is. I bet the other guy sat in mid pewpewing and didn't run the ball across the line once.

Eh...what?

So many people don't understand percentage based systems.

The correct way to measure is *IS* with a large batch, not in a batch of 2

And this should matter to the person who's grinded to battlemaster and is only able to earn 2 bags a day - why?

It is my opiniion that CHANCE based systems are the result of simple minded, idiotic design.

Truth.

That's fine, but people don't win large batches, they win the odd bag here and there.

Moot point.

I don't know the exact details of the RNG system but lets say for the sake of simplicity that it rolls a number between 1 & 100. Given that 25% is the target we can say that a roll of 1-25 gets you BM, 26-100 don't.

So, what difference does it make how many you get per day if the above is true?

Yup, I feel for a lot of guys.

I've had 2 BM tokens out of 4 bags so far.

IMO, go for Rakata Gear instead and mix and match. BM gear isn't worth the raging over for a miniscule stat increase. Sometimes it's even worse for stats than Champ gear.

I think they should have just made a wide selection of Orange L50 gear that looked very different for each class and then you had to save up tokens to buy 'BM' or 'Champion' mods. Think I'll swap my BM mods for my Champ mods, anyways.

Crap-system, makes it pointless after you've got your Champ gear.

Yup, I feel for a lot of guys.

I've had 2 BM tokens out of 4 bags so far.

IMO, go for Rakata Gear instead and mix and match. BM gear isn't worth the raging over for a miniscule stat increase. Sometimes it's even worse for stats than Champ gear.

I think they should have just made a wide selection of Orange L50 gear that looked very different for each class and then you had to save up tokens to buy 'BM' or 'Champion' mods. Think I'll swap my BM mods for my Champ mods, anyways.

Crap-system, makes it pointless after you've got your Champ gear.

BM stats are never worse than Champ, just differently focused (i.e. different stats or a different balance of stats)

BM and Rakata has the same mods except for the armoring mod so you can easily pull the mod & enhancement from Rakata and put it in champ gear - this will make it very nearly as good as BM gear (slightly lower main stat / end / expertise).

And people are mad about how much medal farming there is. I bet the other guy sat in mid pewpewing and didn't run the ball across the line once.

Medal farming ends at valour 60...all that is left are dailies and becoming better at your class role in PvP. The truly great PvPers play their class roles properly once the valor grind ends in SWTOR.

Doesn't make you feel any better... but for every person getting RNG butt ****ed like you... lady luck is giving out first come first serve BJ's to another line.... Avg the two together and you get 25%. Thats just how % work. I 110% agree thats its a sloppy, lazy, terrible *** design for the amount of effort/time it takes to get to BM. After you get that far... why not change it like they did the champ gear!? At least you could predicate your BM gear then: effort=reward.

Medal farming ends at valour 60...all that is left are dailies and becoming better at your class role in PvP. The truly great PvPers play their class roles properly once the valor grind ends in SWTOR.

Naw, a lot of people keep grinding it post-60 because they figure new armor will eventually come out that requires higher valor levels.

Terrible system, very demoralizing too see new BMs with full gear and me at almost 65 with one piece.

Check your logs on my character to see how flawed this system is. This is not progression at all.

The fact that a BW dev can sit there and generate a 1000 BM bags does not translate to a player getting 2 per day.

Again, check your logs on my toon. Killamanajaroo@The Fatman.

I even put in a petition to get a refund on my one BM piece so I can buy something else and feel like I am progressing.

It's 25% of infinity, which is still infinity. See there is no set quantitative limit on the number of bags possible in the system, so you can't pull a real sample size. What you have to look at is 25% chance to get a token means a 75% chance you won't. So in reality 2 out of a billion would still fall in the 25% range.

Your thread title is misleading. 25% of 1000 would be 250 BM commendations.

Only if it's guaranteed.

But percentage chance applies each time a new bag is opened. It doesn't change every time you open a bag - going up or down based on the last one you opened.

Each individual bag has a 25% chance to grant a token. Not, "you will get 250 tokens out of every 1000 bags you open."

Edited by Nangasaur

Only if it's guaranteed.

But percentage chance applies each time a new bag is opened. It doesn't change every time you open a bag - going up or down based on the last one you opened.

Each individual bag has a 25% chance to grant a token. Not, "you will get 250 tokens out of every 1000 bags you open."

Statistically speaking, your chance increases as you have a few bags without. Still there's no way of telling wether you'll get like 0 - 0 -0 .......... 1 - 1 - 1. That's the anoying part with chance :p