The Sith are the dumbest villains ever.

MBirdy

I'm sorry but they are.... the whole sith code and thier logic is just completely stupid.

"Oh hi, im going to learn from my master, then kill him, then train an apprentice then get killed by him"

"Im gonna kill and hurt everyone I see because numbers arnt important in a war, yet we seem to have such a bigger army than the republic out of nowhere".

"Im gonna save my wife by killing everyone I ever liked and then kill here... because that makes sense."

I dont get it, oh sure opposite of light side, but in a completely stupid manor.

Edited by Notannos
use of retarded

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I can't seem to get my Sith off neutral. Sure it'd be stupid like you said if I just blindly chose the dark side answer to every discussion, but if I play it like "I" would play it, some answers are good and some are bad. It doesn't always make sense to kill everyone in the room, but sometimes it does make sense to kill one of them as an example to the others. I find I get more cooperation that way....

Actually, I can't seem to get my Sith off neutral. Sure it'd be stupid like you said if I just blindly chose the dark side answer to every discussion, but if I play it like "I" would play it, some answers are good and some are bad. It doesn't always make sense to kill everyone in the room, but sometimes it does make sense to kill one of them as an example to the others. I find I get more cooperation that way....

Indeed, there's no real fun in just killing everyone all the time. Personally Sith that value honor in relation to power seem pretty cool to me.

Indeed, there's no real fun in just killing everyone all the time. Personally Sith that value honor in relation to power seem pretty cool to me.

Tbh, there were some times that I chose "light side" options in dialogue, especially when it came to people who had shown their loyalty to my character.

However, there were also times when my character didn't want to be hoodwinked by others and showed that he wouldn't be trifled with.

And yet, manage to hide in plain sight of the jedi, manipulating events on a galactic scale.

So who is more dumb?

How many times did they have to lose before they found the Republics weakness?

For Milennia they ran head-on into a brick wall over and over again thinking they could topple it over with just their willpower.

My problem with the Sith is the fact that they don't even seem to understand their own code. Nowhere in there does it say "murder everyone ever and kick puppies in the face because it's fun." I don't really understand where that came from, other than Bioware trying really hard to make Sith the "bad guys"...

Let's look at the Jedi code for a moment, just to see how ridiculous BW's duality is:

1. I am going to sacrifice my ability to get married and have a family because somewhere, someplace, someone might use my family against me. This problem apparently only affects Jedi, and no other powerful people, like Princes, Senators, Generals, etc.

2. My justification for not having any familial ties will be that things like family can cause a Jedi to lose focus on his passionless existence, and losing such focus might cause Jedi to fall. Jedi falling away from the order should be prevented, so I will implement a policy that, by itself, causes Jedi to fall from the order.

3. I believe that being a passionless automoton is noble, and that having passions is the path to the dark side. And I will use the light side to kill anyone who attempts to upset this natural order.

4. I will only get light side points for supporting weakness, even though weakness never won a war. So if I make choices that support the Republic military because they're, you know, fighting and dying in a war, over regular citizens, I consider that evil and get dark side points for that, even though that is, in fact, the logical thing to do for both the soldiers and the future good of the citizens.

5. I will do everything I can to pretend I don't have normal emotions, including completely squelching any hint of a personality I may have.

TOR Sith are dumb caricatures of Sith philosophy, which is far more nuanced and understandable (though disagreeable) than written into this game.

This game was designed from the ground up not for knowledgeable Star Wars fans, or mature adults that could become Star Wars fans. It was designed from the ground up to appeal to 12 year olds, and nuance went right out the window.

So... if you think there is something seriously wrong with the way Sith are portrayed on this game, it is because you are right.

LOL, I had to laugh at this... cos I've beenplaying through this game thinking the same thing.

Damn us Sith are stupid! Just how the hell did we manage to build an Empire?

We seem to spend most of our time killing each other.. :confused:

Edited by Swampson

my question is.. how can there ever be more than two sith if the apprentice always kills the master? and if a master takes two apprentices, who gets to kill the master and what does the other one do to 'graduate'??

seems all rather convoluted to me.

I agree all my sith go grey and then I have to use diplomacy to make sure they can use anything decent in the terms of colour crystals.

Take the Darkside options from Black Talon.

Kill the Captain: The Entire crew ends up being wiped out and the Droid takes the ship in. As opposted to Light side where everyone lives. So Light Side far smarter and can get you more supplies.

Kill the General: You get told that it would be better to take him alive, as opposed to the Light Side option where you take him alive and are praised.

So the Darkside is written as being the stupid option. And this is seen almost everywhere in the game and even the other sith seem to have seen this. In the Nar Shaddar bonus series

Blow up the Shuttle (darkside) and the Pure Blood sith reports you to the council who wont be happy you went darkside.

my question is.. how can there ever be more than two sith if the apprentice always kills the master? and if a master takes two apprentices, who gets to kill the master and what does the other one do to 'graduate'??

seems all rather convoluted to me.

about 1000 years before the movies, darth bane instituted the rule of two because of how destructive and moronic he felt the sith were. he killed every other sith (and many jedi) and wrote the rule that says there can only be a single master and apprentice. that was never followed very well, but kept the sith numbers smaller and much easier to hide.

Also, yes, how does the empire even have everyday citizens and soldiers? Why would anyone join up when they're just as likely to be stabbed in the face by any random sith - their supposed leaders - as not? Why would anyone have loyalty to that kind of system? :confused:

why would anyone live in North Korea? or why do people live in crappy 3rd world war torn countries in Africa? Why do people live in France? ... it happens

have to sort of take a step back, and understand why they are the way they are and it boils down to this one phrase.

" survival of the fittest"

as a master if you can not defeat your student you are not worthy of being the master. The problem is that way this code was interpreted over the eons i am betting was not way it was ment to be used. To me sith code talks about being bound by chains of destiny and breaking them through strength and honor and taking what you have right to take. The issue is that code seems to have been warped by many, now using murder, and guile and subterfuge to do the deed. Example,

Darth Baras and Darth Thanaton quickly realize cant defeat the players and try to get council or there lackys to do the deed for them. Rather then facing there foe in combat, and proving themselves the better. Khem val makes an excellent point about how running form the kaggath would have gotten sith executed, and name erased from history for such an act! because in HIS day at height of true sith empire, was indeed alot of honor and some of people meet still see it this way. The problem is are those like Lord Zash who will use trickery, deceptiveness and lies to defeat there enemies.

in end its how the code is interpreted, and i am my friend both love the sith, and empire but at same time we don't believe being a sith means your auto dark V in fact we tend to both walk a line between the two, we use our passions to achieve our goals but this doesn't mean mindless killing! is how WE interpreted the code, but others will see it different. It is same for any religion, and faith of the real world.

as a sentinel i have quite a few ds points. there are many 'ls/ds' options where the ds seems to be more of a ls way to go..

On Coruscant there is a quest to obtain some data that will show that a Senator is trying to ally with the Sith Empire

If I don't take the documents and give them to the quest giver it is a ls decision. If i ignore the aid who finds me and turns over the documents it is a ds decision..

say whaaaa???? /scratches head

TOR Sith are dumb caricatures of Sith philosophy, which is far more nuanced and understandable (though disagreeable) than written into this game.

This game was designed from the ground up not for knowledgeable Star Wars fans, or mature adults that could become Star Wars fans. It was designed from the ground up to appeal to 12 year olds, and nuance went right out the window.

So... if you think there is something seriously wrong with the way Sith are portrayed on this game, it is because you are right.

So... what exactly is the Sith's philosophy?

Let's look at the Jedi code for a moment, just to see how ridiculous BW's duality is:

1. I am going to sacrifice my ability to get married and have a family because somewhere, someplace, someone might use my family against me. This problem apparently only affects Jedi, and no other powerful people, like Princes, Senators, Generals, etc.

2. My justification for not having any familial ties will be that things like family can cause a Jedi to lose focus on his passionless existence, and losing such focus might cause Jedi to fall. Jedi falling away from the order should be prevented, so I will implement a policy that, by itself, causes Jedi to fall from the order.

3. I believe that being a passionless automoton is noble, and that having passions is the path to the dark side. And I will use the light side to kill anyone who attempts to upset this natural order.

4. I will only get light side points for supporting weakness, even though weakness never won a war. So if I make choices that support the Republic military because they're, you know, fighting and dying in a war, over regular citizens, I consider that evil and get dark side points for that, even though that is, in fact, the logical thing to do for both the soldiers and the future good of the citizens.

5. I will do everything I can to pretend I don't have normal emotions, including completely squelching any hint of a personality I may have.

Sounds an awful like a catholic priest... and we all know what they have hidden in their closets. lol