companions?

TBDNicodemus

So I had all my consular companions unlocked for GSF, which I though great now I just have to grind so I can get the other choice ones.... then I started the IE story, I knew about the spoiler, but I didn't think it would effect GSF, in fact I thought this is going to be great, I'll get the rest of the ones unlocked as well... nope, why? The unlocked ones aren't even unlocked still.

So I had all my consular companions unlocked for GSF, which I though great now I just have to grind so I can get the other choice ones.... then I started the IE story, I knew about the spoiler, but I didn't think it would effect GSF, in fact I thought this is going to be great, I'll get the rest of the ones unlocked as well... nope, why? The unlocked ones aren't even unlocked still.

Once you get past chapter 9 go to the terminal and get your companions back.

So, this has been my experience.

Any companion you unlocked with fleet requisition remains untouched regardless of what you do with KOTFE.

Naturally, the default 4 companions that came with GSF and are only selectable in the hangar interface remain as well.

The issue is with your regular base class story companions (including the ship droid), and HK-51 and Treek. Prior to kotfe, you never had to pay fleet req to unlock them, they were always available in the hangar interface.

Once you start KOTFE, those companions become unavailable for hangar crew skill assignments MOVING FORWARD. That means, you will retain the crew passives for anyone already selected. If you have Qyzen and Nadia equipped on your ships, they'll stay there. But, don't try to change out crew members, or they will become unavailable. Same if you unlock another ship class.

Unfortunately, using the companion locator terminal in your commander's quarters on Odessen doesn't re-enable them for GSF.

Similarly, obtaining other class' companions through the story or Alliance Alerts, for example, M1-4X or Blizz, does not unlock them for you in the hangar.

The only way to get them back is using fleet requisition.

Now, I have once submitted several CS tickets on a character to unlock HK-51 and Treek for me for free, since HK-51 and Treek are returned to you at the end of KOTFE chapter 9 automatically. It took two or three tickets I think before the customer service people actually understood what I was saying: that I never had to pay fleet req to unlock them, and that those companions are returned as part of the story. Sort of. Anyway, we're talking about a group of employees that probably understands very little about GSF. So, it wasn't worth the hassle for me to submit tickets on every pilot and I had enough fleet req to do it myself. Your mileage may vary.

but a ticket to reunlock the characters you had was all it took to get them back? it would be different if it was just one but I had 5 already unlocked and could use the fleet points to unlock ships.

To be clear, it was two or three tickets just to get HK-51 and Treek.

HK-51 and Treek are a special situation. They appear and even have lines during the cantina cutscene towards the end of the chapter 9 cinematics, and they more or less return to you at that time. I have them on all my characters that have done KOTFE so I can only assume that the brief scene never occurs on toons who lack those two. Either way, they are also available for combat or crew skills if you leave the story after chapter 2 or 3 and do other things in game. This is why I figured I had grounds to make a ticket. Since there is a potential real world currency cost to Treek, and to HK-51 beyond your first character, I guess the devs opted to keep them as available for summoning despite the five years you spent in carbonite.

In my opinion, when I got Qyzen back from his alliance alert it should have re-enabled him for GSF as my main pilot is a consular.... Just like if my main pilot was a trooper getting Forex back should have re-enabled him. But, I think the versions of the companions you get back through KOTFE and alliance alerts aren't the same in the game code or game data as their original versions. Xalek never calls any player character Master in his "random filler vocals" other than the Sith Inquisitor. At least I can't recall. Talos and Pierce don't call anyone "My lord" other than the SI and SW respectively. So that's why I believe they are not showing up in GSF.

If you want to try to get your fleet requisition refunded be aware that you'll have to explain the situation several times because really the CSRs know very little about GSF. It would be nice if the companions never disappeared from GSF regardless of starting KOTFE. It would be nice if the companion locator terminal properly connected them back into GSF. It would be nice if completing the alliance alert would properly reconnect them to GSF. Maybe these bugs will be fixed because GSF will be highlighted in the Galactic Command system. Or at least maybe the devs will realize it's a problem once more people are playing GSF.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted CS in game. My response was that they know about this issue, and that an up coming patch should address the issue of missing companions that come back in story... it seems if you use the terminal to get the companions back it works. but if they are still with you like HK or come back in the story like T7 then you would have to reunlock them using fleet req.

Or wait for this new patch that may address GSF... which is awesome because that means GSF is finally getting an update.