For DPS's, the FOH wait time too long!

OMG... This is too funny! Nearly everyone in this thread is getting trolled. LOL. OP = successful troll :D

To everyone else: learn to laugh a little bit. The OP was a joke post (at least I'm taking it as such - b'cuz no one is that stupid). LOL. Brilliant post OP. LAWL. You made me spill my coffee on my keyboard. HAHA!

Edited by PifferPuff

What would be the difference between "completely new mechanics" and "scripted mechanics"?

They would still be scripted even if they implemented completely new mechanics.

I see you're trying to steer the discussion towards semantics and away from the fact that dps is the lowest and easiest of the three roles.

OMG... This is too funny! Nearly everyone in this thread is getting trolled. LOL. OP = successful troll :D

To everyone else: learn to laugh a little bit. The OP was a joke post (at least I'm taking it as such - b'cuz no one is that stupid). LOL. Brilliant post OP. LAWL. You made me spill my coffee on my keyboard. HAHA!

Why do people feel the need to tell everyone else that the obviously trolling OP is trolling?

A good troll like SirMarty is funny but the OP is just a sad attempt of trolling.

I see you're trying to steer the discussion towards semantics and away from the fact that dps is the lowest and easiest of the three roles.

No, that was a real question.

I don't know where you see the difference between the two.

IMO to be a good tank is way easier than being a good DPS and I don't agree that dps are the "lowest" of the 3 roles, it is a Trinity, so all three have to play in a team.

The fact that the dps are way easier to find doesn't lower their importance while actually playing

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Being a good tank takes a lot more effort than being a good dps. The tank has to be aware of all the mobs in the group and has to keep an eye on them. The dps only has to follow the weak-to-strong kill order (most of them can't even do that) and maybe check if a mob has peeled off the tank for some reason and is heading for the healer. DPSing borders so closely to mindeless button mashing it's frightening.

Don't believe me? Check the number "what's your dps on a dummy - leaderboard" threads versus the number of threads in which tanks and healers boast like gorillas in heat.

Edited by slafko

Why do people feel the need to tell everyone else that the obviously trolling OP is trolling?

A good troll like SirMarty is funny but the OP is just a sad attempt of trolling.

Because, it's not a serious discussion, and most in this thread seemed to have missed that (not so obvious to many here it seems) de facto trolling attempt. Also, have you noticed that the OP has not once chimed into his own thread thus far (a whole week later)? He abandoned it from post one, to lurk and laugh at all the responses. The funny part is that most in here have actually treated his topic as a valid discussion - believing the OP to be earnest and sincere in his belligerence. Instead, they could've just gone, "I see what you did thar OP. LOL" and be done with it.

True, the OP is not at SirMarty's level, but he's trying, and has achieved some measure of success (3 pages worth).

Edited by PifferPuff

Troll posts are at least 1 of the following: Sarcastic, funny, or spark a huge argument.

This post has none of those elements so I don't even think its a troll. Queue times are long for DPS in group finder, yes. Been that way since day 1.

A professional troll post would have said that healer or tank queue times are too long, and they should be short like DPS times. So this is a beginner troll, or an actual legit post.

The 3 pages of responses generated are not arguing amongst each other as a true troll aims for.