Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, when I say surprised the fanbase,

So... you were surprised that I would point out that Bioware surprises the player base with features and content?

Have fun with that.

I've made my comments clear, and re-clarified them in the context of your insistence that my comments don't jive with your world view.

I'm happy to let fellow readers read and decide for themselves rather then feed your desire for Ping-Pong matches in the forum. ;)

Edited by Andryah

So... you were surprised that I would point out that Bioware surprises the player base with features and content?

Have fun with that.

I've made my comments clear, and re-clarified them in the context of your insistence that my comments don't jive with your world view.

No. I merely disputed your initial assessment, in the context of what is driving this topic forward, namely the desire of an extent of the player base being offered new content, concerning class storylines and the sort.

Again, Bioware coming up with new ways to increase revenue on a very short-term basis is NOT surprising, it's to be EXPECTED and / or PREDICTED.

I'm happy to let fellow readers read and decide for themselves rather then feed your desire for Ping-Pong matches in the forum. ;)

Fairly sure you're confusing me with someone else. I asked for a clarification, which you have FAILED thus far to give... Instead, you opted to circumvent the question and made it look like I was badmouthing the game or Bioware, which I haven't.

No offense but you're getting paranoid.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Saying something is or was expected by you and should be by others Wicked does not make it so. Just by the forum reaction alone I'd say many folks were surprised by the collection system...I know I was.

The original point stands...maybe they are working on something like small story arcs for individual classes and are just keeping it close the the chest, like they have with some things in the past. Sure, something like that is different from, say, collections and the like, but it's still possible.

I personally think it's unlikely at this point. I think it's more likely they are working on some kind of feature to add to the game.

Edited by LordArtemis

Back on topic.

While I think we likely will not see a gold post in this thread (what can they say really, other then "we are reading this thread"), I'm 100% certain this thread is being watched by multiple people inside Bioware.

So let's encourage people who have not voted the poll to do so. As I said earlier.. I don't think it will move the numbers around much.. but seeing a total vote count that moves above 1000 would be a nice meta-vote on top of this poll for the Bioware staff to embrace. :)

Back on topic.

While I think we likely will not see a gold post in this thread (what can they say really, other then "we are reading this thread"), I'm 100% certain this thread is being watched by multiple people inside Bioware.

So let's encourage people who have not voted the poll to do so. As I said earlier.. I don't think it will move the numbers around much.. but seeing a total vote count that moves above 1000 would be a nice meta-vote on top of this poll for the Bioware staff to embrace. :)

Agree ^....but if we are going to get this poll to 1000 we as players are gonna need to speak up in general chat, facebook, and other areas to get the people in here.

Agree ^....but if we are going to get this poll to 1000 we as players are gonna need to speak up in general chat, facebook, and other areas to get the people in here.

Definitely.

Personally, I am making sure guild members know about the poll and take a vote on it. They have no excuse not to, except apathy. :)

I only needed 4 choices--class story (by far the most important), crew skills and crafting (which desperately needs work to make fun and important again post-cartel market), planets (each of which should feature the detail, size and number of quests as the original planets, as well as interactions with our companions related to events on those planets) and companions (by which I mean new conversational/story possibilities with existing companions. New ones would be all well and good, but the original companions are presumably sharing our lives, but seem to have gone weirdly silent. New story missions with companions could be added separately from class stories and wouldn't have to all happen at once. It would be a way to add new story content on a regular basis without necessarily creating new areas or companions.).

As a 5th option I picked operations. I don't actually mean new ones, I mean ways to add unpredictability. The same applies to the daily areas. I'd like an optional mode that would add some random elements so that something unexpected could happen to break up the same, same same. Maybe rare bosses, maybe additional mobs, maybe a rare chance at a story encounter or rare mission. Just something so that when you go in, there's a chance you could experience something different and provide a reason to do them repeatedly other than grinding gear of cash.

Edited by errant_knight

As a 5th option I picked operations. I don't actually mean new ones, I mean ways to add unpredictability. The same applies to the daily areas. I'd like an optional mode that would add some random elements so that something unexpected could happen to break up the same, same same. Maybe rare bosses, maybe additional mobs, maybe a rare chance at a story encounter or rare mission. Just something so that when you go in, there's a chance you could experience something different and provide a reason to do them repeatedly other than grinding gear of cash.

Ah, yes. I see what you mean and I like the idea of random encounters.

I for one love Ops bosses in a separate instance on a given planet planet. I prefer them to World Bosses. I chose Ops, but I think they don't all have to be 7 or 8 boss fights.

Given the popularity demonstrated by this poll, I agree with you.

this poll is a complete joke only done for hardcore subbers in this forum and 200 something votes for class story tells nothing about what this game needs. It says that 200 something people want "moar class story", nothing else.

Heck, it's even put the hurt on itself with respect to Class Story Missions. They are so popular that players really cannot get enough of them.

class story is so popular the game went f2p, so popular that 220 servers merged to 17, so popular 2.3 million subs are down below 500K ?

which type of popular?

this poll is a complete joke only done for hardcore subbers in this forum and 200 something votes for class story tells nothing about what this game needs. It says that 200 something people want "moar class story", nothing else.

class story is so popular the game went f2p, so popular that 220 servers merged to 17, so popular 2.3 million subs are down below 500K ?

which type of popular?

it is both impossible to link class stories to that drop and More than likely they helped keep some ppl here as there were many MANY problems at launch but you can't place blame on class stories period.

If your favourite thing were at the top, would it still be a farce?

which type of popular?

I agree with Lord Ravenhurst. It's too late for what we already have. Bioware can send out bulk mailing for new updates and Cartel Store stuff, Why can they not set up a top 20 items off their wall of crazy and bulk mail it to all Subs, Preferred and F2P accounts to get more of an Idea what all players really want. BTW , I was one of the 200 for class stories. I also voted for more PVP content even though I myself rarely PVP. Now That I have put in my 2 cents, I will climb off my soap box and put it away for a another thread.

Edited by Suntaru
Spell check

Honestly, hoping for more Class Story, some PVE Space Content, new and old planets. Hopefully some of the ones from the Knights of the Old Republic games like Manaan, Lehon and such. Mini games, why they haven't even put pazaak in the game yet is beyond me, even a single player version in which you play against an NPC. And of course, more playable races.

personally I don't want any more class stories but I see that it is scoring huge so far...

- if I wanted "class" stories I'd play a single player role-playing game.

- huge amounts of dollars spend on content that you burn trough, space-bar trough even.

more open-ended possibilities, sand-boxy features is the way to go imho within the core aspects such as crafting and economy, pvp, pve, space + other Star Warsy mini-games.

which type of popular?

Um.....

1. It's those HARD CORE SUBSCRIBERS that keep this game afloat.

2. Show me where you get that they have less than 500k subs?.... because that sounds 98.96% wrong!

3. Class story was indeed one of the things that pulled in over 2.3 million...so people went through it and left. To add and continue to add class story would be a great way to get many back.

Have you ever seen news articles talk about polls taken for various things? They take a small sample of the population, usually 50-1000. They don't poll the entire country's population.

Polls are never an exact science, but typically if you take a small sample of the population, you get a microcosm of the larger population. There is always some skewing, but that does not invalidate taking polls.

which type of popular?

People didn't quit because they didn't like class stories. It didn't make the game, but it certainly didn't break it either. The problems lay more in a wealth of other missing, unfinished and unpolished features at launch, and the MMO market being incredibly oversaturated.

which type of popular?

Just so you know..... your anti-game rhetoric is wasted on me. :)

Now.. as to polling methodology. I suggest you do some research on the practice of polling before spouting this nonsense. It just makes you look insincere or uninformed IMO.

For some reason people seem to want more single player content (class stories) in a multiplayer game.

I do hope Bioware ignores this poll and makes more multiplayer content, this is an MMO after all.. and like Bioware have said, the forums are only a small minority of the playerbase and don't reflect the views of the entire community.

I have a feeling that most of the people who voted are KOTOR fans.

I think one of the main reasons this game flopped is because todays gamers just don't want a multiplayer game that focuses on storytelling, i think they got bored of the levelling and story and lack of end game content and left the game last year, and what we have left here on the forums are mostly people who are in love with this game and bioware, which is why you see class stories as the highest voted.

All in my opinion of course.

Edited by Ayelinna

I have a feeling that most of the people who voted are KOTOR fans.

I've never played KOTOR and having class story doesn't prevent me from playing Operations. I always level my characters solo, regardless of how much "multiplayer" content there is.

I've never played KOTOR and having class story doesn't prevent me from playing Operations. I always level my characters solo, regardless of how much "multiplayer" content there is.

Why would you say that having class story doesnt prevent you from playing operations? Where did this come from and what on earth are you going on about?

This is a poll about what people want for future content. You seem confused.

Class story for sure - I'd love to spend 2-days spacebar'ing through all of it...

PvP, mini-games, Ops, FPs, planets.

Yeah me too, I spacebarred though all the story because I wanted to spend time playing the actual game than watching cutscenes all the time

Now.. as to polling methodology. I suggest you do some research on the practice of polling before spouting this nonsense. It just makes you look insincere or uninformed IMO.

yeah fine, sample pool, this is a fan sample pool of a non representative group, called SUBSCRIBERS.

Here I found a REAL poll done at the mmorpg.com forums where EVERYONE has a say, Unsubbers, Subbers, F2P, everyone. And what a surprise almost no one cares about "add more class story", what a surprise

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366922/poll-Which-top-feature-to-get-yourself-interested-in-the-game-again.html

370 votes, same sample size - almost 60% want a space sim, top answer followed by minigames and player housing

(other not listed, i.e. companions, class story, 16%)

here is another one

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/384156/What-SWTOR-really-needs.html

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst