Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exiting rofl funny.

first of all its somewhere this year. so all we get is 1 op, 1 wz and a new planet. (im not even mentioning a new tetrisgame called stwor epic spacecombat :S) obviously because of new level cap.

All this which takes ages to create. Does this supply RVR? does this supply endgame? nope just more stupid grinding to keep you happy for 30 days just to be bored again!

Statement: Saw the copy of me (HK-51) that I saved in the HK factory. Screamed with joy. Possibly the result of a behavior core overload.

Exclamation: I want my 1.3 NAO!!!

Statement: No. Fix it up so it's ready to go when it's deployed.

Opinon: I like the look of the new stuff. As long as Kristoffer Tabori voices the 51 I will be pleased. I think that an HK unit should always be a companion. It's just not the Old Republic era without me or one of my copies. I look forward to having something to bring players back.

Most confusing, the decision to raise the level cap this early.

I've never heard of this new planet. Wasn't there a poll taken of which planet that the community wanted to see? Is that planet farther down the pipeline because you guys had this one planned before launch or something?

Other than those two things, I'm pleased that you guys are keeping things coming along for us.

Cathar race is a good choice. Many people wanted to play that race, and so bravo with that choice.

Overall the reveals look good but my concern is the timeline of these additions. If they are 1.3-1.4 then that is certainly good.

However, Bw needs to put some big warzones with sieging into the game to keep pvpers happy, which I am sure will take a lot of work since it will have to fit and have an affect possibly to fit with the theme of a large scale warzone. But, very important to implement with the release of GW2, and rifts 3 faction pvp as well.

Looks good, but the open world pvp systems are still missing from this game and I hope the new planets try to incorporate more of that, and possibly the old ones get refined for that as well.

Edited by VegaPhone

Everything is nice and exciting, but I really have one issue: why Cathar?

Or better yet.. why ONLY Cathar?

I am still waiting for Togruta. Until then, I`ll pass this abomination of a race.

another planet... joy.. we got enough of em and they are dead.. new lvl cap:eek:?? really?

plus the 1.3 coming soon legacy stuff is junk is mostly lvling up faster if it isnt fast as it is!

i dunno i just dunno..

I watched that whole video several times and didn't see anything about a Cathar...I believe you guys, but where are you seeing it?

They confirmed on Twitter if you weren't at E3 to see it:

@SWTOR Whats the new race?

2h The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR

The new race is the Cathar. Keep an eye on the site for a detailed post about all the info announced. ^JJ

All new info will soon be posted here.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Things you are, still, doing wrong:

• @0:21: First boss (Does not looks like SW to me, maybe Call of Cthulhu)
  • @0:22: Second boss (Not bad, not good either)
  • @0:24: Third boss (Coming for TSW promotion video, with magic portal in the back)
  • @0:51: Fourth boss (Not bad, not good either, does not feel very much SW though)

Game keeps being many players kiting a single boss.

At least make them look like SW.

[

]

Cathar: only one new specie, far from the most requested one.

Doesn't even need to design any new gear and you already have the face meshes

Well a start but you certainly won't sprain one's ankle doing so.

One new space mission that'll get boring even before the 5th run.

Hopefully a placeholder until an (eventual) space revamp.

New planet Makeb: the scene does not sells it as it does not look that much different from the planets we have.

A search on the forum from yesterday and older reports only 6 posts (posts, not threads!) naming this planet. Certainly not the most asked one.

Finally Hk-51: which every forum lurker knows was in the client data file @launch.

So it took you over 6 month to finish and publish it.

New Warzone, good but... no word at all on world PvP?

New RAID & instance but... how about V.O. story. You know the 4th pillar?

Raising the level cap on an unfinished game already lacking too many features and PvE end content.

BTW was it the V.O. content because there was no mention of it.

Once the players will have burnt the new levels they'll still be left with nothing to do.

About the gear in the video

@0:13: Seems to me the devs missed the threads where players where asking to remove the carnival masks on the Dread masters and change them back to the old ones

@0:43: (Sith Warrior) Pikachu helmet. Do you guys did not get the memo or read the forums? Players don't like these non iconic looking gear.

You even acknowledged it and still you display it in your promotion videos.

Hope you don't really expect us to be excited by this announcement because it looks very bland in a yearly time frame.

Edited by Deewe

Everything is nice and exciting, but I really have one issue: why Cathar?

Or better yet.. why ONLY Cathar?

I am still waiting for Togruta. Until then, I`ll pass this abomination of a race.

Its the wolf/cat race of the game. People like to play those kind of races in general and so its a good decision, but I agree there should be more races.

Hey everyone,

Quick heads up that we recently had to remove several posts from this thread for being off-topic. Please try and make sure that your discussions focus on the new reveals from E3!

For all other general topics concerning Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, you are welcome to share your thoughts and feedback in other previously existing threads in General Discussion, or if there isn't one, feel free to make your own.

Thank you!

Also, they never said that Cathar was going to be the ONLY new species.

during the E3 presentation they said and a new playable race the cathar...they didnt seem to have any more up thier sleeve

I see you're still expecting a completely EU game to be OT-like?

Sup Jeramie.

sorry did not understand the last part of your sentence.

What I expect, is them stopping doing the same mistakes again and again.

Like they know a vast majority of the players despite the 1.2 gear and still they display it in a promotion video.

Or the producer has been mocked about how non heroic are the bosses encounters and they display not 1 or two, but 4 in the same video.

Similarly they ask players what planets they want to see and the one chosen isn't even mentioned by one player in the topic. it's probably the least spoken about forums wide. It's not that much different for the Cathar either.

There's also the fact that players keeps hammering at world PvP and there's not one mention in the video.

I don't know, I'd just like them to get a damn clue!

Edited by Deewe

Also, they never said that Cathar was going to be the ONLY new species.

That would be good to see more races and hopefully ones that stand out to be different like bothan edit mixed bothan for rodian - meant to say rodian and similar to rodian also yoda, the yoda race ( i mean really swtor could use this big secret to bring people back and should be able to reveal the yoda secret and let us play thier race) among other expected races from the community but also ones with multiple arms would be cool as well.

Edited by VegaPhone

during the E3 presentation they said and a new playable race the cathar...they didnt seem to have any more up thier sleeve

It'd be hard to imagine that Cathar would be playable by Empire, seeing as how Cathar detest the Empire and are allied with the Republic (aside from Legacy unlock, that is).

Although, I suppose Republic has been down a species compared to Empire since launch, and this could be evening the numbers.

The games issues are function and feature, not content. Raised level cap is kind of an eyebrow raiser. Is endgame that botched that they want a clean slate?

i agree why raise the cap now??? seems a little early for that

Looks good :) The new operation seems to be kinda different from the current ones, I'm eager to see if it really is and what surprises does it have for us. Same with the warzone, even if there's not a lot being seen in the video about that one.

The brief space combat preview seems to be like the missions that we already have, but in a different setting. Well, I hope that it's not just one mission and that there's many of them on the works, or even some other things added to the system.

Regarding the new companion, I always wanted to have another HK droid in my group. Nuff said :D Anyways, hilarious HK lines are expected, or else... :d_evil::wea_09:

:p

The increased level cap and the new planet seem promising. I've been waiting for some new class stories for quite some time... I mean, I really enjoyed them a lot more that the other missions. I guess that we'll get some there?

Overall, it looks promising. But, even if we say that we like it, let's not forget about the current issues.

Cheers.