Operator IX buggy since today's patch?

http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot_2013-01-23hzuw4.jpg

As you can see, Operator targeted our 2nd tank(Eldronnat) with the deletion protocol, yet I died?!

edit:

Other funnies today:

Self-clearing the deletion-protocol didn't work aswell(having yellow buff, getting yellow deletion-protocol, but died), In the last chamber before Operator IX we had TWICE the amount of adds.

Also we had LESS larvae at the trash before The Writhing Horror.

Operator IX randomly switched targets during a taunt(after his random-shot after Black Obtuse) effectively one-shotting our Sorc-DPS and Sorc-Heal(both sitting at 21k health and both were topped off).

Edited by schnopsnosn

Looks to me whoever was suppose to go in on Blue Deletion didn't get in there in time and you were to close to the tank who was target for deletion when he exploded taking you with him.

As for Operator IX targeting someone after Black Obtuse phase is normal, that's why we have the main and off-tank taunt after Black Obtuse is done casting to make sure one of them gets the aggro... It's been this way since day one.

Looks to me whoever was suppose to go in on Blue Deletion didn't get in there in time and you were to close to the tank who was target for deletion when he exploded taking you with him.

As for Operator IX targeting someone after Black Obtuse phase is normal, that's why we have the main and off-tank taunt after Black Obtuse is done casting to make sure one of them gets the aggro... It's been this way since day one.

We know this fight.

He died afterwards, As you can see I died from the deletion protocol.

Also we know that he has a 19k-hit, but he did that, switched back to the tanks and then went back to the Sorc to one-shot them.

alaister and ahssoka both still have their blue orbs... so that means they didnt go in for the soak, and the marauder took AE dmg because he was to close.... not a bug, just sloppy execution.

Yes, they missed their orb.

However Eldronnat DID NOT die, only I died.

http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot_2013-01-23hzuw4.jpg

As you can see, Operator targeted our 2nd tank(Eldronnat) with the deletion protocol, yet I died?!

edit:

Other funnies today:

Self-clearing the deletion-protocol didn't work aswell(having yellow buff, getting yellow deletion-protocol, but died), In the last chamber before Operator IX we had TWICE the amount of adds.

Also we had LESS larvae at the trash before The Writhing Horror.

Operator IX randomly switched targets during a taunt(after his random-shot after Black Obtuse) effectively one-shotting our Sorc-DPS and Sorc-Heal(both sitting at 21k health and both were topped off).

We ALWAYS had problems. I usualy tank him and :

-The self-defense NEVER worked.

-If I taunt him just after the end of the shield (or don't taunt at all), he targets a random player and can OS him. I need to taunt him 2s after the end of the shield, in the middle of the sentence.

-For the adds, sometimes the last room spawns while we're close of the chest, and then we have some fun with the adds.

So I've had a chat with my raid-mates.

Alaister DID run in to clear the deletion protocol on Eldronnat(as you can see he's lying near the center, where we usually meet up).

You can see that Alaister and Ahssoka both still have their blue orb-buff.

Eldronnat died because they were in shock that I got one-shot by the deletion protocol. He died about 5s after my death because they were in shock due to my death.

We ALWAYS had problems. I usualy tank him and :

-The self-defense NEVER worked.

-If I taunt him just after the end of the shield (or don't taunt at all), he targets a random player and can OS him. I need to taunt him 2s after the end of the shield, in the middle of the sentence.

-For the adds, sometimes the last room spawns while we're close of the chest, and then we have some fun with the adds.

Self-cleanse is the only way to do this usually, because otherwise BOTH yellow players will lose their buff.

We know about the taunt, he did his random-shot, then faced the tank(due to taunt), then turned around again and one-shot the Sorc(the Sorc is doing the least damage in our raid, so it can't be that the Sorc pulled aggro).

Also this happened THREE times in the try where we killed him(battle-rez, got up, fully healed, one-shot again AFTER random-shot + stealth rez and the same as before).

Self-cleanse is the only way to do this usually, because otherwise BOTH yellow players will lose their buff.

We know about the taunt, he did his random-shot, then faced the tank(due to taunt), then turned around again and one-shot the Sorc(the Sorc is doing the least damage in our raid, so it can't be that the Sorc pulled aggro).

Also this happened THREE times in the try where we killed him(battle-rez, got up, fully healed, one-shot again AFTER random-shot + stealth rez and the same as before).

Soryr, I was just wondering ;) About the self-cleaning, we are accepting to lose a tank if needed :p

We killed him last night on hard mode and did have a a couple of problems with the deletion protocol. We occasionally would have a third person too close or maybe the bodies weren't stacked up quite exactly or maybe even a poorly timed taunt. Without complete logs, difficult to assess where the problem lies. Anyone not perfectly stacked or if there were more than 2 people involved everyone involved was getting immediately slain. Not sure if this was a change to the mechanics, a sloppy night or if we just never really noticed it before. We opted to change the gathering location to the center of the room, directly under Operator IX. After removing his shield, everyone stays at max melee range except for the announced target of the deletion and the appropriate color.

We split up the colors so that each color has one dps and one healer or tank. Tanks and healers are the ones who push the button, leaving the dps in the center free to kill adds during the first phase. Since healers and tanks already have enough on their plate and the enrage timer for this fight is quite lenient, we send in the dps of a particular color first.

Since everyone knows who will be responding and exactly where to move to, this removed the conditions for potential confusion and we got a nice clean kill.

We know this fight.

He died afterwards, As you can see I died from the deletion protocol.

Also we know that he has a 19k-hit, but he did that, switched back to the tanks and then went back to the Sorc to one-shot them.

I just ran it last night with my guild in Hard Mode and we one shot him.... No issue at all.... Maybe you had a random glitch (shrug)

Again:

It killed ME, he did not die.

He died afterwards.

I took the screenshot a good 20s after I died.

Operator IX targets Eldronatt with blue deletion protocol!

Both players with blue orbs have them still, sloppy execution, you died because you were too close. He might have died afterwards but it happens sometimes that animations wont play properly and you might see yourself dying not exactly at the same time. Nothing buggy about that, you both died to bad handling of deletion protocol.

As for double adds - possible glitch, nothing we havent seen already :)

When it so happens that a player gets deltion protocol same as his orb we get the other player with same orb to clense him, never wait for it to self-clense. Cant remember it ever being an issue but is something like that happens you always have that one combat ress.

19k hit only happens on invalid clearing when someone runs through more than one circle of his color.

Edited by Mc_Gregor

Operator IX targets Eldronatt with blue deletion protocol!

Both players with blue orbs have them still, sloppy execution, you died because you were too close. He might have died afterwards but it happens sometimes that animations wont play properly and you might see yourself dying not exactly at the same time. Nothing buggy about that, you both died to bad handling of deletion protocol.

As for double adds - possible glitch, nothing we havent seen already :)

When it so happens that a player gets deltion protocol same as his orb we get the other player with same orb to clense him, never wait for it to self-clense. Cant remember it ever being an issue but is something like that happens you always have that one combat ress.

19k hit only happens on invalid clearing when someone runs through more than one circle of his color.

You obviously did not read my other posts.

Eldronnat died a good 10s afterwards because the healers were baffled and chaos reigned after I died.

Also self-cleanse worked 2/3 times that night(usually 100%).

try to carefully study the log of the combat to understand what happened.

Could it be that he used some kind of invunerability?

also, if he died 10 seconds after the deletion process, why is still under the boss, why did he die under the boss. Under the boss should be no man's land except for the target of deletion and the protector.

Something fishy in your explanation.

Edited by Vankris

If I hadn't studied it, I wouldn't be claiming it.

And, as I said before, chaos reigned.

He didn't use invul, why would he in that phase?

Seriously, what would I get from lying? We managed to clear the fight in another try. I'm usually the person that says "sloppy execution" and doesn't cry "BUGBUGBUG" right away.

I was curious to see if we were the only ones having problems in TFB(especially in this fight) since Wednesday's patch.

If I hadn't studied it, I wouldn't be claiming it.

And, as I said before, chaos reigned.

He didn't use invul, why would he in that phase?

Seriously, what would I get from lying? We managed to clear the fight in another try. I'm usually the person that says "sloppy execution" and doesn't cry "BUGBUGBUG" right away.

I was curious to see if we were the only ones having problems in TFB(especially in this fight) since Wednesday's patch.

Nobody here is saying you are lying, thing is noone else has experienced anything like that, and I for sure have killed this boss 2 days ago without any glitches or anything (except getting deletion on same color-guy but as I said we just clear it with another person). Much more possible is a glitch on the server side with timing and killing your raidmember. Check his log for the cause of his death, easiest way to verify what actually happened.

Edited by Mc_Gregor

yup, if you could, post here the death log along from the deletion process to its death.

Based only the static image you gave us, the only plausible explanation we can give you is that you were too close, maybe the log can tell us more.

Eldronnat died a good 10s afterwards because the healers were baffled and chaos reigned after I died.

Also self-cleanse worked 2/3 times that night(usually 100%).

That's a bit odd. Someone dies unexpectedly and your group just shuts down? Sounds like your healers need to work on adapting when things don't go as planned.

To answer your OP, did it last night and things went normally. Sometimes strange things happen on this fight, though.

That's a bit odd. Someone dies unexpectedly and your group just shuts down? Sounds like your healers need to work on adapting when things don't go as planned.

To answer your OP, did it last night and things went normally. Sometimes strange things happen on this fight, though.

Yeah well, sometimes concentration can be a bit of a ***** if the healers just came home from 14h of work =)