Subs down 25%

Sabilok

200 on Rep Fleet tonight...

Nothing to see here.. move along... *whistles like William Bonney*

...what server?...there's only 2 servers that could do that, the rest aren't even close...you remind me of the AION fanbois that would insist AION wasn't dying...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...what server?...there's only 2 servers that could do that, the rest aren't even close...you remind me of the AION fanbois that would insist AION wasn't dying...

According to Aion's sub numbers on this chart, I don't see where Aion was ever dying. It's currently at its low right now with 2.4 million subs.

When was it dying?? :confused:

According to Aion's sub numbers on this chart, I don't see where Aion was ever dying. It's currently at its low right now with 2.4 million subs.

When was it dying?? :confused:

...it was at 6 million and about 20 servers when I played it and now 2.4 million and 4 servers...plus I think it's free...you an AION Fanboi?...

...it was at 6 million and about 20 servers when I played it and now 2.4 million and 4 servers...plus I think it's free...you an AION Fanboi?...

Nope, never even played it. But 2.4 million is FAR from dead. Do I really need to link the actual definition of the word "dead"?

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Nope, never even played it. But 2.4 million is FAR from dead. Do I really need to link the actual definition of the word "dead"?

...who said dead?...I said at the time it was dying, and by definition dying and dead are 2 different things...just like SWTOR, it's not dead but it is dying...follow me fanboi?...

...who said dead?...I said at the time it was dying, and by definition dying and dead are 2 different things...just like SWTOR, it's not dead but it is dying...follow me fanboi?...

Wait... stating reality and not abject pessimism with no regard to realism or fact makes me a fanboi? Wow. I'd look into that viewpoint if I were you. It might get existential for you, so do be careful. ;)

The typical fluctuation of subs is no indication of "living" or "dying", just fyi. I know you don't like facts, but it is what it is.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

200 on Rep Fleet tonight...

Nothing to see here.. move along... *whistles like William Bonney*

30 on Imp fleet prime time last night, nothing to see (really there was nothing there to see), move along.

My wife and I just started to level new alts. We had done the SI and SW combination together and want to try the stories and see the JC and JK combination and play good guys for a change. When we hit Coruscant at level 11 the first thing we noticed was that there were eight players there including us. That was Saturday prime tme. The next thing we noticed was that there was one player who was begging in general chat for someone to do a heroic with him. My wife felt so bad for him that she suggested we respond and form a (pity) group. I nixed the idea because as brand new 11s, there was just no way we could do it. In the end, no one answered the poor guy/gal. I hope he did find a group.

I think that subs are down way in excess of 25% and play time is significantly down for those who still has subs.

Did you know that Diablo 3 servers are down for maintenance now? It's Sunday afternoon, do you think if I logged in to SWTOR right now I could get a group going faster than waiting for Battle.net maintenance to end?

Note that forming a group is instant when Diablo's servers are up, regardless of your class. You just press one button and it works.

Edited by tkinnunzero

it was at 6 million and about 20 servers when I played it and now 2.4 million and 4 servers

That's a 60% drop. That can't be dying because it still has 2.4M subscribers. In the end, the only thing matters is going to be the number of people that play the game. If SWTOR has 1.2M servers with 1 person on each, the game is still successful! :rolleyes:

That's a 60% drop. That can't be dying because it still has 2.4M subscribers. In the end, the only thing matters is going to be the number of people that play the game. If SWTOR has 1.2M servers with 1 person on each, the game is still successful! :rolleyes:

Lol I would love to see a game where each person is a server.

Wow.....just wow....

During a conference call, EA chief executive John Riccitiello noted that a higher mix of the “Star Wars” subscriber count is made up of paying subscribers than it was in the previous quarter. He also downplayed the significance of the title (SWTOR) somewhat, noting that the company has bigger franchises that are more important to its overall business.

.....like we did not konw that.....I miss SoE....

To say its only down 25% is a little crazy...there is no chance its that low even with the new sales in recently expanded into areas of the world. Server populations are far too low for it to be the case, even the original servers that had massive queues at release are showing few players including my own. Rarely will fleet have more than 100 players during peek weekend hours which is a very very far cry from what it once was.

Its time to stop pretend there isnt a problem otherwise there will be no chance for a reversal other than going F2P which will mean a sooner than expected end to the game. This is EA afterall. Pehaps next time a new game is being made people will stop trying to shut down anyone making a complaint about the game and instead support it so the game maker actually takes note of player worries and wants...

Whatever the real subs numbers, in game even the high servers are on life support.

I'm playing on one of the top 7 clusters and I had 20 persons on the Rebel fleet on. Pretty disappointing.

The fall in numbers is staggering, in such a short space of time and proves just how dull and linear this game is.

Sales - approx 2.4 million

Subs - 2 million played at launch according to EA

Feb - 1.7 'active' subs - 300k drop in 2 months

May 1.3 million 'active' subs 400k drop in 3 months.

Overall - 700k

Bioware can keep pushing free trial weekends but no one wants to play on dead servers. The fact they didnt even have enough vision to include x-server support means that server transfers are SO urgent its not even funny for those poor suffering souls left.

just thought I'd stop by and laugh as I looked at the charts for population across all servers starting May 15th

Bioware is in a world of hurt if a lobby game can impact it that bad, even temporarily for a few weeks, it WILL cause people to leave in frustration when their servers are functionally ghost towns.

Major fail was taking half the community aka Asia/Pacific and moving them after launch. Basically every server that had a good population of Australian players almost died the second they left.

I cant blame them if they said hey we are oping a server in AZ an you will never have ping I'd think about it too.

Cross Server PVP and PVE will be the answer. Limiting a LFG tool to single server is madness, then it suffers from all the same problems that low pop servers do. You play at off hours or not during peak times, or maybe aren't in the sweet spot for leveling that week and you'll still never see a group.

we had 7 people on the imp side of belgoths beacon earlier today

Wholly crap!

That would be like if my guild moved to your server we would triple the population. That is just playing nut's!

Remember Bio you have to do your part.

A lot of us love this game and want to make sure it's successful, you just have to give us the tools, and the content to do it.

Edited by bbates

A lot of us love this game and want to make sure it's successful, you just have to give us the tools, and the content to do it.

Which you will not get, we have been asking for it a year before the game was even released and got shot down by other players who felt the need to blindly defend and act as if the game cannot be spoken about in a bad light. So Bioware never took notice because they felt enough people like the game as is.

Its still happening...you can see it in how Bioware is acting and how they are bringing in content in 1.3...nothing will get noticed until its too late...wait, its already too late. Any big change bringing what the game sorely needs would be so far off in the current development they are working on for it to come before 3rd quarter of the year...by then, subs should be low enough for the game to go F2P with a poor excuse for an item shop.

SWTOR needs a full sized game expansion to fill the blackhole it has.

Edited by Zilrota
edited the quote

Which you will not get, we have been asking for it a year before the game was even released and got shot down by other players who felt the need to blindly defend and act as if the game cannot be spoken about in a bad light. So Bioware never took notice because they felt enough people like the game as is.

Its still happening...you can see it in how Bioware is acting and how they are bringing in content in 1.3...nothing will get noticed until its too late...wait, its already too late. Any big change bringing what the game sorely needs would be so far off in the current development they are working on for it to come before 3rd quarter of the year...by then, subs should be low enough for the game to go F2P with a poor excuse for an item shop.

SWTOR needs a full sized game expansion to fill the blackhole it has.

At this point..I would not buy a expansion.

Major fail was taking half the community aka Asia/Pacific and moving them after launch. Basically every server that had a good population of Australian players almost died the second they left.

I cant blame them if they said hey we are oping a server in AZ an you will never have ping I'd think about it too.

Cross Server PVP and PVE will be the answer. Limiting a LFG tool to single server is madness, then it suffers from all the same problems that low pop servers do. You play at off hours or not during peak times, or maybe aren't in the sweet spot for leveling that week and you'll still never see a group.

Good post. I agree

Its a death spiral.

People (who would otherwise play) see subs go down and they quit. Then more people, who see the subs go down, quit.

They should have NEVER opened the extra launch servers.