Sith Inquisitor Companion Quest - Khem Val

Toulak

I'm going to talk about Khem Val and his, I suppose, final companion quest.

Do not go further if you do not want to be spoiled, last warning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so his final quest is named "The escape", it's a ritual prepared by Zash and during this quest it seems you can chose between Zash or Khem Val.

I'm curious about what happens if you chose to help Zash and let her stay in Khem's body.

Here a list of questions for who ever can answer:

1° Is it really possible to let Zash win or is it a fake choice ?

2° If Zash wins, is Khem Val renamed Zash ? or nothing happens

3° If Zash wins, while running around, if you right click on Khem, is it Zash that talks or do you still hear Khem speaking ?

That's it, to summarize I'm interested in helping Zash win over the body of Khem because I prefer her personality but in my book it is super evil to do so, so I want to know if, once she takes over, it really changes things for this companion.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I personally imprisoned Zash in the mind trap. The story ends right there. Khem val says one more word and I think you get a quick dialogue with him on the ship. Basically saying he's glad she's gone.

What happens to the mind trap is never said. If you leave it there or take it with you they don't say.

I just finished off this quest and since no one here knows how it goes if you side with Zash I completed it that way.

Yes, you now hear Zash's voice when you click on Khem (at least in the english version), but his name remains Khem Val. I did oddly enough lose 145 affection with Khem by siding with Zash...should be easy enough to regain, and I doubt that the conversation options will change how they reward Khem rep (though I could be wrong, who knows)

Quest dialogue follows:

Khem: Witch! You will not win so easily!

Zash: The monster is too strong. Quick, give me your power or I'll be pulled in.

Me: Don't give up.

[You feel some of your energy drain into the Deshade, empowering Zash]

Zash: Yes! Out with you monster.

Khem: Sith! What are you doing? You are helping the usurper! The Witch!

Me: Im sorry, Khem, but Zash is so much more useful then you.

Khem: Aggghhh!

Zash: Thank you my lord. I thought he'd never leave.

Zash: Now I believe this shipment also contained some valuable items. Ah, this should suit you. The first of many. We will do great things together.

5166 credits, 4694 legacy xp. -145 Kehm affection

In Canitna later:

Zash: I never thought Id say this, but you have proven most remarkable. It woudl be a pleasure to serve you, at least until I manage to get into a sith body again.

Me: Then I hope that day never comes.

Zash: Let's not waste time. There is knowledge to be had, power to be stolen.

Edited by Anjula

Well, in that case this final quest is bugged. You lost 145 affection points by siding with Zash, whilst I lost 145 points by siding with Khem!

Once completed Khem went on to say how thankful he was for the help and so on, and yet you lose a stack of affection points. I was completely confused...

He also suggests 'Lets smash this box out of the air' but nothing comes of it. Zash to return...?

Well, in that case this final quest is bugged. You lost 145 affection points by siding with Zash, whilst I lost 145 points by siding with Khem!

Once completed Khem went on to say how thankful he was for the help and so on, and yet you lose a stack of affection points. I was completely confused...

He also suggests 'Lets smash this box out of the air' but nothing comes of it. Zash to return...?

You have to side with neither to not lose any affection.

Yes, you now hear Zash's voice when you click on Khem

Just want to follow up on this, while you do hear Zash's voice when clicking on Khem Val, whenever you summon or dismiss him and all of his in-combat lines are still in the original Khem's voice....which is clearly a bug :)

Around what affection level do you get that quest? I just finished his quest where you go to retrieve

Tulak Hord's remains on Hoth

I'm not entirely sure exactly, but I know it has to be over 9000 affection. And you also have to beat the main part of the storyline to get the quest. I was level 49 and had maxed affection, but only got the quest afterwards.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really wanted an option to keep the mind trap, so I could, possibly, some day, maybe put Zash in some willing person like that apprentice in that quest on Belsavis. I wouldn't trust her a bit without some kind of restraint on her, though. Also, I love Khem too much to let her have his body.

I really wanted an option to keep the mind trap, so I could, possibly, some day, maybe put Zash in some willing person like that apprentice in that quest on Belsavis. I wouldn't trust her a bit without some kind of restraint on her, though. Also, I love Khem too much to let her have his body.

A cool continuation to the SI story would be that if Khem and Zash are together, Zash finds a new host to possess fully. If you let Zash win, she possesses the body and Khem's spirit returns. If you let Khem win, Zash's spirit "escapes" the mind trap and possesses his original body.

It can be a type of thing to continue with Zash. I kind of regret my choice of choosing Khem over Zash because, while I love Khem, I loved Zash too. Does anyone know what happens you give both of them your power?

It can be a type of thing to continue with Zash. I kind of regret my choice of choosing Khem over Zash because, while I love Khem, I loved Zash too. Does anyone know what happens you give both of them your power?

Khem wins if you give both of them your power. He also wins if you give neither of them your power(which is the only way to avoid an affection loss).

• 4 weeks later...

To gain affection with Khem in that conversation you

Side with neither. He's an independent character and will come out on top. That's what happened with me, anyway. I like listening to his fantasies about devouring people. :p Then you go back to the ship and he says he will guard your legacy forever. :D

Oh yes, it would be great if we had that option, I love them both so much!!!

I found a video where the player sides with Zash:

Thank you for posting this. I am still having a crisis of whom to choose.

Here's the thing - my sith inquisitor is light side, he's a good guy, and pretty much anti-Empire, even if NPCs sometimes label him otherwise.

Here's his/my dilemma. On the one hand, he sees Zash as this person who was trying to shake things up, change a few things, but was on the verge of death and basically just saw him as a sacrifice. Which is understandable, but he wouldn't just let her kill him. Now remember, whether Zash is "good" or "bad" in your own perception isn't relevant, I think the character on the light-side would put it together like this...People didn't like Zash. She was trying to change things up. Thanaton especially hated her. And he sees just about any change as good, so yeah.

On the other hand we have Khem Val. A bastard of a Deshade that hates mercy, prefers to kill the weak, and is all around just a terrible person.

But the third and in my opinion, hardest factor to deal with? Bad as Khem Val is...You would still be TRAPPING HIM IN A PRISON FOR ETERNITY FOR BEING THE VICTIM OF SOMETHING HE HAD NO CONTROL OF. And letting someone else possess and use his body. And that is just...wrong no matter how you slice it.

So it comes down to...What is more wrong? Preserving the life of someone who is just a terrible person, because the alternative of imprisoning them forever is just horridly unjust? Or preserving the consciousness of what may have been a good person who messed up a few times, but at the cost of unjustly imprisoning someone and using their body?

Really is a tough call. Good or not Zash WAS the instigator of what happened, so it seems like the punishment should be on her shoulders. But between the two, I think Khem is more evil. But he's honorable. Zash he'd see as less evil, but certainly dishonorable. But as someone who is trying to change the Empire from within, much like the SIth Warrior, he would know what that's like.

Edited by E-Zekiel

Really is a tough call. Good or not Zash WAS the instigator of what happened, so it seems like the punishment should be on her shoulders. But between the two, I think Khem is more evil. But he's honorable. Zash he'd see as less evil, but certainly dishonorable. But as someone who is trying to change the Empire from within, much like the SIth Warrior, he would know what that's like.

I don't know if this makes the decision easier or harder, but Khem got possessed by Zash by trying to save the inquisitor. You think Zash would ever step in front of a blaster bolt for you?

My inq is LS too, but also pragmatic. Khem may be 'evil', but as an agent for a more moderate empire, I can direct his violence upon those that refuse to see reason. I can't say the same for Zash, who has demonstrated that her needs rank above the greater good in her opinion.

On the other hand we have Khem Val. A bastard of a Deshade that hates mercy, prefers to kill the weak, and is all around just a terrible person.

Khem doesn't actually prefer to kill the weak, he likes killing force users as stated in his codex and shown during one of the earlier quests on Dromund Kaas where you have the option of tagging an innocent man to be murdered by sith or tagging sith apprentices, the light side option is the apprentices which gains you affection with Khem.

Personally I don't see how anyone can question who to trap.

Khem saves your life at the end of chapter 1, in most cut scenes when the inquisitor is knocked down/injured I seem to remember Khem being the only one kneeling by my side, despite him threatening to harm/devour you, we see at the end of chapter 1 with a certain conversation choice that he cannot physically harm you because of the bond you share and towards the end of the class quest or Khem's class quest (Sorry can't remember which) he pledges his loyalty to you.

What does Zash try and do? Take over your body and use you to cover up her involvement in power plays. (Darth Skotia)

Khem doesn't actually prefer to kill the weak, he likes killing force users as stated in his codex and shown during one of the earlier quests on Dromund Kaas where you have the option of tagging an innocent man to be murdered by sith or tagging sith apprentices, the light side option is the apprentices which gains you affection with Khem.

Personally I don't see how anyone can question who to trap.

Khem saves your life at the end of chapter 1, in most cut scenes when the inquisitor is knocked down/injured I seem to remember Khem being the only one kneeling by my side, despite him threatening to harm/devour you, we see at the end of chapter 1 with a certain conversation choice that he cannot physically harm you because of the bond you share and towards the end of the class quest or Khem's class quest (Sorry can't remember which) he pledges his loyalty to you.

What does Zash try and do? Take over your body and use you to cover up her involvement in power plays. (Darth Skotia)

Right in everyway, my friend. Khem is a lovable, if violent monster, Dashade. :D

As the SI says khem is my lovely morose monster. While zash tried to body snatch and kill me. I think I will take the monster.

Plus he is cool. I like to think that khem showed my SI on how to be a sith whenever I show weakness he gets - approval when I stomp everyone in my way and show strength to others he makes :) faces. Zash only sends you around to collect stuff for her she did not even teach you on how to be a sith she only wants your body.

Edited by lokdron