So that stash of stuff in the Zakuulan vault... *SPOILERS*

JourrnoRush

So we vaporized it, sucked in what was left, and the plan is to turn it back into solid pieces again. Got it.

Unless, I'm mistaken I saw credit symbols on those bars. Were they just precious metals and not credits? I don't think you can melt down a credit ledger...

Also, was it stated what precious metal it was AND if not, does anyone know lore wise what is the "gold like" precious metal that deserves a credit symbol on it?

Thanks.

Also, was it stated what precious metal it was AND if not, does anyone know lore wise what is the "gold like" precious metal that deserves a credit symbol on it?

For the looks of the stash, seemed to me piles of aurodium ingots. The Alliance hit the Fallen Empire's Fort Knox.

The ship was way to small to be considered the wealth of the galaxy. Sloppy storytelling if you ask me.

I don't think it was represents the entirety of Zakuuls economy, otherwise, they'd have collapsed in this chapter, but, rather, just a absurd amount of precious metals in one place.

Edited by LordGarmaZabi

I don't think it was represents the entirety of Zakuuls economy, otherwise, they'd have collapsed in this chapter, but, rather, just a absurd amount of precious metals in one place.

This. The codex entry even says, it's basically just money the Zakuul goverment stashed there because they have so much money that they can't even reasonably spend all of it. All the money they use to actually uphold their empire is still safe and sound.

For the looks of the stash, seemed to me piles of aurodium ingots. The Alliance hit the Fallen Empire's Fort Knox.

Given that it was apparently an Empire's worth of treasure, I'd compare to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York combined with Fort Knox.

Yeah, I totally didn't understand that. We use a disintigration bomb to evaporate the money, suck it up and do what with it? It's been disintegrated

Reconstitute it like soup or MREs? I dunno, this part I was like 'okay, I can see melting it down, but what does one do with basically vapor? Sniff it like cocaine or something?'

Reconstitute it like soup or MREs? I dunno, this part I was like 'okay, I can see melting it down, but what does one do with basically vapor? Sniff it like cocaine or something?'

Using my (not vast) knowledge of chemistry, I think the warhead raised the temperature so fast the solid aurodium turned immediately to gaseous state. When the temperature dropped, the aurodium returned to the solid state in a form of a fine dust of particles suspended on air. Then this dust was sucked into the tanker like a vacuum cleaner; later the stock is processed to separate the aurodium from other materials and finally melted into ingots back again.

Of course it doesn't explain why during Vailyn's

moment we see the vault still with shelves burning with fire and smoke, like an explosion had taken place, when we should see a totally empty space.