Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

sdom

Any incoming damage can be countered, for example burst classes can get accuracy debuffs or hit into a well-timed DCD (knowledge gained from experience in dealing with said burst class)....dot specs can be countered by........not stacking. Sentinels did not invent having their damage countered, nor did they invent having troubles with roots and stuns.

That doesn't change the fact that your statement grossly overestimates the amount of burst we can do.Lets be honest Obliterate wont crit more than 35k raging burst wont go over 50k without any other external buffs and furious strike/dispatch are 50/50 if they crit at all which greatly reduces reliability and even if they do crit getting them over 45k is a stretch.

Each of them averaging 52k is basically a lie.

Edited by Spasi

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't change the fact that your statement grossly overestimates the amount of burst we can do.Lets be honest Obliterate wont crit more than 35k raging burst wont go over 50k without any other external buffs and furious strike/dispatch are 50/50 if they crit at all which greatly reduces reliability and even if they do crit getting them over 45k is a stretch.

Each of them averaging 52k is basically a lie.

I don't think my experience with playing Concentration Sentinel at all exaggerates what burst a Conc-Sent CAN do. Will they always hit over 50k....no, and I never claimed they would...only that I've had burst windows where my bursts averaged 52k, which is IMO the true potential of a Sentinel when played to the fullest and with ideal situations. The latter won't always happen of course and that can be said for every class in the game.

Marksman sniper, while certainly possessing the ability to hit for 80-100k on their Ambush with the insta-ambush tactical....most of the time, it'll hit for considerably less, a more realistic expectation would be 50-70k....and keep in mind the ambush is their big crit attack and they wouldn't have another window for said burst until at least 16 seconds later.

https://gofile.io/?c=IHOnQo

9k arena fight, no tactical (life warden) no set bonus, 306 fury mara. not underperforming. will be buying FP set bonus and auto crit Obliterate tact, not camo on pred.

I didnt ss it at the time but the wz parse to finish was 9.xk first round, 9.xk second round and like 8.7k last round. all rounds neared acid for reference.

biggest hits if you dont want to look at it was like 44k-48k (post edit) went back through it, actually biggest hit was 37k. dont know what the game was recording.

Edited by Seterade

Carnage sucks. The devs made it pretty boring and it has underpowered burst.

Theres absolutely no reason to play it unless you're 1% of players who play GR, aren't a terrible mara and are hard swapping using gore. Fury has lots of yellow damage, stun resist and just as consistent burst, which is actually better with the stun resist.

There is no point to anni spec either. Its heals are underpowered and abilities weak. I can't remember the last time I've seen anyone using it that I recognize.

Edited by RACATW

I sympathize with people that like carnage, but isn't this no different from prior to 6.0? 95% of the maras in ranked were already playing fury.

Nope. I'm just announcing it to the world again, just in case the devs are listening.

the fact is almost every class in this game has only 1 viable spec out of 3, in ranked, excepting support classes and sorc. since lightning and dot are both average at ranked.

AP PT

Venge Jugg

Con op

MM sniper (eng doesnt suck but doesnt really shine defencively for SR)

Sorc

Deception sin (hatred is meme, only works if they dont go you)

Arsenal merc (IO works and well but its dots are poor standard for SR cc)

and fury mara.

Edited by Seterade

I don't think my experience with playing Concentration Sentinel at all exaggerates what burst a Conc-Sent CAN do. Will they always hit over 50k....no, and I never claimed they would...only that I've had burst windows where my bursts averaged 52k, which is IMO the true potential of a Sentinel when played to the fullest and with ideal situations. The latter won't always happen of course and that can be said for every class in the game.

Marksman sniper, while certainly possessing the ability to hit for 80-100k on their Ambush with the insta-ambush tactical....most of the time, it'll hit for considerably less, a more realistic expectation would be 50-70k....and keep in mind the ambush is their big crit attack and they wouldn't have another window for said burst until at least 16 seconds later.

You cant have best case scenarios when we're talking about balance and especially lack of damage.The fact hat raging burst can hit up to 52k doesn't mean other abilities without 5 different buffs to them can do it too.You are just exaggerating Marauder's damage.

You cant have best case scenarios when we're talking about balance and especially lack of damage.The fact hat raging burst can hit up to 52k doesn't mean other abilities without 5 different buffs to them can do it too.You are just exaggerating Marauder's damage.

By 5 different buffs you mean just...one....force clarity.

Anyone tried overwhelming offense tac with the 10% armor buff set bonus gear? Seems like a great flat almost sustainable overall burst buff on paper.

I haven’t even got setbonus on my mara yet, the game is getting a bit stale again for me

Also gurning for a bit of Halo nostalgia with the mcc pc rerelease 😍

Edited by Eastiano

https://imgur.com/a/ss3YfDt 51.5k FS

autocritt obliterate hits for 38 (little bit less, 37.7 ish but im not fully weapon expertise amped) with FP set bonus 38k will jump to 40k, same as the raging bursts. 40k raging bursts I suspects have sort of buff like unlimited power or blood lust, not sure.

in that ss the secondary weapon dmg does over 1k putting FS at 52k

Edited by Seterade

https://imgur.com/a/FJkhL71 48.6k raging burst

https://imgur.com/a/UwlMCPT 48.2k obliterate

I come bearing more gifts. for point of reference for the "50k" raging burst here is the buff counter immediatly before.

https://imgur.com/a/aLUMAtF

this fight was 14k dps fight according to star parse btw.

#buff maras plz thx

Edited by Seterade

Show me a picture of Furious strike obliterate and dispatch criting to 52k i dare you.

https://imgur.com/a/5wR5Mma A nice lil 55k concentrated slice, I can record some footage tonight to get some screencaps of more 50k+ white damage crits.

It's just bizarre that you have multiple sentinel players come on this thread, stating that the class isn't as bad as you claim....despite saying that sentinels do not need buffs isn't in their best interest. Despite that, you're being hostile, fighting tooth and nail, not even attempting to pick their brain on how they min-maxed their sentinels, what amps did they use, etc. Just an immediate...these sentinel mains must be lying to keep sentinels from.....getting buffed.

Am I the only one that finds this weird?

https://imgur.com/a/5wR5Mma A nice lil 55k concentrated slice, I can record some footage tonight to get some screencaps of more 50k+ white damage crits.

It's just bizarre that you have multiple sentinel players come on this thread, stating that the class isn't as bad as you claim....despite saying that sentinels do not need buffs isn't in their best interest. Despite that, you're being hostile, fighting tooth and nail, not even attempting to pick their brain on how they min-maxed their sentinels, what amps did they use, etc. Just an immediate...these sentinel mains must be lying to keep sentinels from.....getting buffed.

Am I the only one that finds this weird?

it's not weird for these forums. There is a reason most top tier players don't post on any regular basis. It's not bad exactly, just misinformation at times and some odd consuses that don't match gameplay (in an obvious way, not an opinionated way) like for example Alexs denial of whether GR exists, or the rants about how powerful companions are in OWPVP vs gank squads, or questionable opener strats like useing your stim boost as a dps buff rather than defencsively because quote "it's just regs, I don't need it". These aren't bad ideas as much as they as different from exp gameplay as 306 gear rating is from "BiS"

here is a point of interest http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969537

first page of posters, all asking about ranked rewards..... but none of them ever post here "?"

Edited by Seterade

https://gofile.io/?c=IHOnQo

9k arena fight, no tactical (life warden) no set bonus, 306 fury mara. not underperforming. will be buying FP set bonus and auto crit Obliterate tact, not camo on pred.

I didnt ss it at the time but the wz parse to finish was 9.xk first round, 9.xk second round and like 8.7k last round. all rounds neared acid for reference.

biggest hits if you dont want to look at it was like 44k-48k (post edit) went back through it, actually biggest hit was 37k. dont know what the game was recording.

Such ss's can't prove a class or spec whether any spec is viable or not. It all depends on ur team mates and enemies. Arsenal merc never was a spec for making big dps numbers, nor it is now yet i managed to do 10k dps in solo ranked match in full 306 gear but without set bonuses and correct amplifiers - https://imgur.com/12239s7

Even most nerfed specs or specs which are burst and not really into making big numbers can do huge dps numbers if enemy team consists of dot sorcs/dot sins who are not even using defenses and playing BAD.

The issue is if i were there on my dec. sin or conc. oper i would do 13k dps....so ur screen shots mean nothing

Edited by bladech

like for example Alexs denial of whether GR exists

Season 11 solo ranked characters with 50 or more wins: 1769

Season 11 group ranked characters with 50 or more wins: 28

I'm not the one in denial about group ranked lol. Anyone can look at the leaderboards for themselves. But sure, keep pretending it's relevant contrary to reality. Not sure what the point is, but you do you.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

it's not weird for these forums. There is a reason most top tier players don't post on any regular basis. It's not bad exactly, just misinformation at times and some odd consuses that don't match gameplay (in an obvious way, not an opinionated way) like for example Alexs denial of whether GR exists, or the rants about how powerful companions are in OWPVP vs gank squads, or questionable opener strats like useing your stim boost as a dps buff rather than defencsively because quote "it's just regs, I don't need it". These aren't bad ideas as much as they as different from exp gameplay as 306 gear rating is from "BiS"

here is a point of interest http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969537

first page of posters, all asking about ranked rewards..... but none of them ever post here "?"

Team ranked is pointless dude... Top spots were all set up and in season 10 it was top teams farming mat farmers and que dodging other top teams. On DM we had teams queing at specific hours when everyone knew that teams form to collect the daily mats... ;)

As in the title, you have broke these specs they suck now.

The sentinel burst spec isn't even bursty anymore and the sage seer spec is noticeably weaker.

You've "balanced the game for everyone" at the cost of these two classes.

That's my mains you nerfed.

Fix it or get 1 fat un-sub, for life, because these classes didn't need a nerf and you've ruined my toons.

Coming from someone 306 geared with correct stats and the new augments in place. (Maxxed)

One of the major " nerfs" maras took was this smart thing they did to force leap.. It has stacks now and the CD is slower regardless of how much alacrity you have. Thats - 1 to mobility...

Other than that they are the same as they were with the only problem being that other classes like operative and deception sins got buffed over them and that's why you feel they are lacking. With good reason ;)

Go for these stats: https://imgur.com/MOFBCLP

If your not a nab ull constantly have 9-13k wz dps and 50-70k biggest hits: https://imgur.com/r0Rp0jq

descent of the fearless set, wep expertise legendary amps, min/maxxed (no datacrons thou)

enrage crush tacticals for nwzs.

reset camo tactical for solo yolo.

Mara is still one of the best

"Just somebody who has been playing mara since launch."

Such ss's can't prove a class or spec whether any spec is viable or not. It all depends on ur team mates and enemies. Arsenal merc never was a spec for making big dps numbers, nor it is now yet i managed to do 10k dps in solo ranked match in full 306 gear but without set bonuses and correct amplifiers - https://imgur.com/12239s7

Even most nerfed specs or specs which are burst and not really into making big numbers can do huge dps numbers if enemy team consists of dot sorcs/dot sins who are not even using defenses and playing BAD.

The issue is if i were there on my dec. sin or conc. oper i would do 13k dps....so ur screen shots mean nothing

EXACTLY. Sterade was making his stats on target dummy or against easy enemies like you did 10k dps on ur arsenal merc without set bonuses and amps. We are talking here about situation when ur enemies are actually strong and skilled, not face tanking dps, pushing, using defenses etc. In this case mara became garbage since conc oper, dec sin, dot pt with their 7 stack global set bonus, both veng and burst juggs, mm sniper doing much more overall dps and bigger hits compared to mara. I see dec sins doing 9-10 k dps with 62k mauls while skilled maras doing 6-7,5 with 40-58 biggest hits. Dot pt with 7 stack set does 96k hits....mara is useless. It needs to run far away for regen while sin can regen not far from enemies with vanish removing combat. Juggs will have their ed reset tactical item soon so they can do non stop dps without need to leave their group for regen. Mara can't loss and push as sniper and it doesn't have pw to survive.

Without dominating dps mara is nothing

Go for these stats: https://imgur.com/MOFBCLP

If your not a nab ull constantly have 9-13k wz dps and 50-70k biggest hits: https://imgur.com/r0Rp0jq

descent of the fearless set, wep expertise legendary amps, min/maxxed (no datacrons thou)

enrage crush tacticals for nwzs.

reset camo tactical for solo yolo.

Mara is still one of the best

"Just somebody who has been playing mara since launch."

Pls do such dps in ranked against skilled teams. Regs is nothing. Everyone can do on every class top dps there. It is easy to farm newbies, spam aoe on big groups of enemies, have constant guard from ur friend tank etc.

Without dominating dps mara is nothing

As usual, a mara main ignoring the fact that mara has very good dcds, and now has the ability to stealth out and heal much more frequently than before. The fact is, fury mara has been a good defensive class for a long time, yet some mara mains like to pretend they were some sort of glass cannon. It's laughable.

(ps: not trying to impugn all mara mains, I know you're not all this delusional)