*Best* Huttball game?

Banderal

There hasn't been a huttball thread for at least a day now, and that's too long.:D Wondering what you feel are the best huttball games you've been in. Not the ones, necessarily, where you did the best - but the ones that were the most fun. Mine is from yesterday, sub-50 PvP, on Fatman. We ultimately lost, but it was a great game. Details (as I remember them)...

Early game:

I'm the "leader" (and a healer) and I type in my plan "crud I'm leader, we are doomed! But anyway, passing is the name of the game here. Pass the ball. Go ahead for a pass. Don't everyone try to protect that guy with the ball - just go ahead for a pass."

That said, the "gun" goes off, and we rush for the ball. We have it! I stealth around the side and up onto a ledge. They pass to me. I am healing myself like crazy, waiting for the fire pit to go off. It does, but I stand still - knowing the dangers of getting stunned while trying to cross the pit with the ball. Teammates run over the pit. One stops. I pass to him just before I die. Another has kept going, and is on over the second fire trap. I can see the pass from where I wait in the spawn... second fire trap is avoided and we now have a clear shot to their goal! A few seconds later - SCORE! Great round of passing. Very awesome.

Mid Game:

We dominate the field. They hardly ever get the ball to our side, and we are constantly threatening to score on them. But we never seem to quite make it. One example... we have a "tank" with the ball. We are beyond the second fire trap. Two of us healers are keeping him going, spamming heals and cleanses. He's fighting through slows, and stuns and knockbacks and roots as the enemy spawns right above us and swarms us. The other healer goes down. I tried to run ahead for the pass, but am knocked back and rooted (can't move). So I go all out on healing. I'm fighting a losing heal-battle - and his health is slowly dissolving. But he's mere inches from the goal now... we got this. Wait, crap, they stun me! I have no stun-breaker up. He's rooted and I helplessly watch as his health goes to zero, with, literally, his foot on the goal line. No Score. Bummer.

End Game:

With less than a minute left, they manage to finally get their own tank and a good healer or two to our end of the field. We have too many trapped behind the spawn-shield and can't deal with them in time. They score. It's tied. 30 seconds left - not really enough time to score, so whoever holds the ball at the end wins. They get it first. We converge on their ball carrier and take it from them with 15 seconds left. All I can do is watch, since they've killed me off and I'm trapped behind the spawn shield. Our chat is full of "hold the ball, hold the ball!". I watch the clock count down... and with 8 seconds left, they kill our guy and get the ball. NOOOOOOOOOOOO! And that's game.

Well that game was obviously ours to lose. It felt like a real sports game... where teams were actually organized, and where they throw out stats like how many minutes each team had possession of the ball. And talk about just not being able to capitalize on score opportunities. Very fun.

Hehe, nice game ! Here's mine, too from yesterday, I'll make it a little shorter though..

Starting the hutball as a lvl 33 Jedi Guardian with my newly made focus spec, I rush for the ball. However, we have pretty bad luck as the enemy team gets the ball and scores almost immediatelly.

This happens 2 times in a row.

Then we woke up. The republic was ragging and we were all like "god damnit we will destroy them ! " , and so we did. Little did we know that they had premade...

The game actually ended 3:0 for the Imperium, but it was the best game I ever had. Republic had very unexperienced players, mostly noobs, but they really tried their best. I could tell from the chat and from watching them in the battle.

Thank you, Republic players for beign friendly and trying your best. Even if we lost, we won in my opinion. Not in the game, but in the hearts.

For the republic !

Scoring the tying goal with 2 seconds left and won through the tie breaker.

Another time in a tie game, the other team was holding the ball in their pit, we set up a double grapple to kill the carrier in the fire and won the game.

Edited by anwg

I had a really good game yesterday. With 2 minutes left we're down 1-2 but someone in my team almost scores so the ball is on the other team's side. I, a sage, am placed on a ledge for pulls but manages to burn down their carrier as he's walking from the pit, up the ramp to the health pack and down the side. I get the ball from killing the carrier and score a few seconds later. Prior to that I had managed to single handedly take out four of their guys as they were on our ledges and about to score, with none of my team mates near. I pushed two into fire, killed one through attacks and cc'ed the carrier in the second fire.

It's now a tie with only seconds left. My team manages to get the ball but someone decides that going on offense would be a good idea. Carrier dies of course but manages to throw the ball for a reset and we win due to having scored or carried last (or whatever it is that decides).

I had highest dps, 15 medals, scored the ball and tied for highest objective score. I recieved zero MVP votes. I love my team mates. Either way, it was a good game from a personal perspective.

Looking at team performance I've had a few where everything has clicked and we've managed to score 6 times in a very short amout of times. It's the type of games where people actually focus on the objective and basically every pull and leap is perfect. Doesnt happen often enough though.

The best matches are the ones you win when you're down a couple points. Getting the ball and turning it over can give your team all the momentum it needs. Had a game where the other team gets the early momentum and has a 3-1 lead. But then you go ahead and turn it around for a 5-6 win!

Tie game and we're holding the ball for over a minute at the end for the win. They are burning the ball carrier down near mid so he passes. The guy who receives it gets burned down quick! There's only 8 seconds left....

but I just happen to be on the opposite end of the acid pit from the guy who ended up with the ball.

Thermal detonator, grapple (into the acid of course), flame burst + rail shot.

Got the ball back with 2-3 seconds on the clock and saved the game.

Pretty epic.

The best matches are the ones you win when you're down a couple points. Getting the ball and turning it over can give your team all the momentum it needs. Had a game where the other team gets the early momentum and has a 3-1 lead. But then you go ahead and turn it around for a 5-6 win!

Hah, sup JB, I was just going to mention that game when I saw this. GG