Darth Marr & Visas Marr

Selvec

Could Darth Marr be a decedent of the Miralein Sith called Visas Marr recruited by the Exlie during KOTOR 2?

Visas Marr was a Miraluka

...and a Darth title comes with a new name. the old life is discarded and the new one begins upon achieving the title of Darth. (e.g. Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader or Palpatine became Darth Sidious). Following this tradition is is highly plausible that Darth Marr has no connection to Visas whatsoever. (would be funny, but its just to much of a stretch)

I've considered the possibility. Since we never see Darth Marr's face - as far as I know, he wears a mask in all his on-screen appearances - it could be possible he's a Miraluka. There is at least one Sith Miraluka on Dromund Kaas (Inquisitor Trainer in the Citadel) already.

Visas Marr was a Miraluka

...and a Darth title comes with a new name. the old life is discarded and the new one begins upon achieving the title of Darth. (e.g. Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader or Palpatine became Darth Sidious). Following this tradition is is highly plausible that Darth Marr has no connection to Visas whatsoever. (would be funny, but its just to much of a stretch)

While that is mostly true, there are a few exceptions, Revan and Malak being the most prominent(I know Revan says that isn't his real name, but it's what he goes by even when he's not a Sith) Darth Zannah was another who went by her given name. and there was probably a few others we don't know about. So it's entirely possible that he could be a descendant of Visas.

I have my doubts about Darth Marr. His name might not be even a real one, just like Ravage is not a real name of the other Council member. Not to mention the

Sith Inquisitor, who was given a new name upon entering the Council.

But i think i've found a much more likely candidate for a place of Visas's descendant. Speaking about Adeline Marr, a Miraluka Jedi who takes an insignificant role in BH class story.

Here is a screenie of her:

http://s49.radikal.ru/i124/1208/d8/153ef44f44d6.jpg

Edited by Trollokdamus

• 4 years later...
I have my doubts about Darth Marr. His name might not be even a real one, just like Ravage is not a real name of the other Council member. Not to mention the Sith Inquisitor, who was given a new name upon entering the Council. But i think i've found a much more likely candidate for a place of Visas's descendant. Speaking about Adeline Marr, a Miraluka Jedi who takes an insignificant role in BH class story.

There's a slim possibility of them both being related and a descendant of Visas, seeings as how the Shan's do also seem to get around, and there's a bunch of speculation of who made babies with who from KoTOR. I think Revan banged all of them and continued his legacy for 300 years through his pregnant cohorts.

:rak_03:

I noticed this too. I think that Darth Marr merely uses marr as a word(to marr something). Which is typical for a Darth, really.

Now, there is in fact a descendant of Marr bloodline in the game. You meet her(she's a Luka to boot) when

Jun Seros sets you up in the end of BH Act II(Nar Shaddaa) -> she's a leader of that strike team

. Just so you know ;)

I noticed this too. I think that Darth Marr merely uses marr as a word(to marr something). Which is typical for a Darth, really.

The weakness with that line of reasoning is that the word you are thinking of is spelled "mar", not "marr". (Yes, I know, past tense form "marred", present participle "marring", but that's normal for an English-language word with a short vowel like that.)

Of course we note that Lord Zash became Darth Zash (spelled with a Z instead of a Z, I guess), and when my Inq Yerka Kolar wears her Darth title, her nameplate does not become "Yerka Kolar, Darth Nox" nor, worse, just "Darth Nox", but she is NOT "Darth Yerka Kolar", despite what the nameplate says.

The weakness with that line of reasoning is that the word you are thinking of is spelled "mar", not "marr". (Yes, I know, past tense form "marred", present participle "marring", but that's normal for an English-language word with a short vowel like that.)

Of course we note that Lord Zash became Darth Zash (spelled with a Z instead of a Z, I guess), and when my Inq Yerka Kolar wears her Darth title, her nameplate does not become "Yerka Kolar, Darth Nox" nor, worse, just "Darth Nox", but she is NOT "Darth Yerka Kolar", despite what the nameplate says.

Indeed, I forgot how that word looked outside of verb usage. My bad.

I figured he was meant to be a descendant, just very distantly, like Satele. It's too much of a coincidence that they would choose the imp and rep figureheads to have their names ending like two of the most prominent force-users in the KOTOR era, one of them a light origin character and the other a dark origin character.

I doubt very much that Darth Marr and Visas Marr are related. Visas was born in the Republic, and in her time, nobody in the Republic knew there was a Sith Empire. It is relatively recently that the Empire revealed itself. It is very unlikely that Visas followed the Exile to the Empire. As far as I know, she was one of the Jedi who recreated the Order, so she remained in the Republic.

I don't think that Visas and Marr are related, but the stories about his mutilated face spooking the imps could mean he is. They never explain how mutilated his face is but they say its scary. If he is a Miraluka under sith facial corruption then is eyes are giant black holes.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/c3/Visas.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20051030130840

There is one legit descendant of Visas and

that person is jedi Adeline Marr. You meet her in game.

Darth Marr was Human...

end of debate. :D

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Marr

The bio says:

A Human male, the individual later known as Darth Marr was born in 3702 BBY in the territory of the resurgent Sith Empire. However, Marr's history was shrouded in secrecy: anyone who possessed knowledge of his past refused to reveal anything they knew after the Sith Lord came to power.

Which doesn't mean anything. It claims he's "human," but what does that even mean? We know he talks like a "human," but so do the Miraluka. Is there actually any canon thing that describes his appearance underneath the mask?

Seems like the whole thing is conjecture, probably on purpose because the writers didn't want to take the time to flesh out his backstory.

I'm not seeing any actual SWTOR lore indicating that it's impossible for him to have some kind of familial relation to Visas.

It is very unlikely that Visas followed the Exile to the Empire.

Why is it unlikely though? She was highly devoted the Exile.

Plus, who is to say it wasn't a descendant of hers who went and found the Sith Empire (ex: a daughter). Visas probably had some inkling of where the Exile had gone, even if she didn't follow and any offspring she had might have known that.

Even if there is no immediate proof, we cannot prove otherwise either. Noone knows about Marr's history before his ascendancy to the Dark Council. He could be Miraluka, since we never see his face, not even when

he's a ghost

. It's 100% that the Exile went only with T3-M4, Visas stayed in the Republic, rebuilding the Jedi Order. However, Darth Marr became Dark Lord of the Sith AFTER the Empire returned to the galactic scene, so might as well joined the ranks of Sith after that (the Empire resurfaced 3681 BBY, Marr was born 3702 BBY and he became Council member in his early twenties, so about 3680-78 BBY).

Even if there is no immediate proof, we cannot prove otherwise either. Noone knows about Marr's history before his ascendancy to the Dark Council. He could be Miraluka, since we never see his face, not even when

he's a ghost

. It's 100% that the Exile went only with T3-M4, Visas stayed in the Republic, rebuilding the Jedi Order. However, Darth Marr became Dark Lord of the Sith AFTER the Empire returned to the galactic scene, so might as well joined the ranks of Sith after that (the Empire resurfaced 3681 BBY, Marr was born 3702 BBY and he became Council member in his early twenties, so about 3680-78 BBY).

Marr was born in the Empire. Besides, what you are saying is that Marr was born in 3702 BBY, then the Empire resurfaced in 3681 BBY, then Marr joined the Sith and one to three years later, bam! He was a member of the Dark Council. Certainly one of the fastest ascension to power. That does not work.

Marr was born in the Empire. Besides, what you are saying is that Marr was born in 3702 BBY, then the Empire resurfaced in 3681 BBY, then Marr joined the Sith and one to three years later, bam! He was a member of the Dark Council. Certainly one of the fastest ascension to power. That does not work.

Darth Thanaton's successor says hello.

One to three years later is pretty believable for Sith. They kill each other to get ahead and power gets promoted quickly through that means.

Why is it unlikely though? She was highly devoted the Exile.

Plus, who is to say it wasn't a descendant of hers who went and found the Sith Empire (ex: a daughter). Visas probably had some inkling of where the Exile had gone, even if she didn't follow and any offspring she had might have known that.

Revan and the Exile, with T3-M4, were the only ones to know about the Sith Empire's existence. Otherwise, the Jedi Order, refounded by Atton Rand, Visas Marr, Mical, Bao-Dur and Mira, all former companions of Meetra Surik, would have known that the Sith existed and would have been prepared. That was not the case, as we see in the cinematic, since the Jedi and the Republic were totally taken by surprise by the Sith's return and their assault on Korriban.

Edited by Montferrand

There is an oppurtunity in game to reveal Darth Marr's true face without the mask.

During the first chapter in KOTFE, when you got Marr as a companion you can

prieview any piece of headgear on him.

Spolier:

Darth Marr is actually a human male with blue eyes and african origin

:rak_01:

Edited by Gray