No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

Manjaca

This is your Opinion. Its OK.

I never attack other Players! Look at all my Posts.

But is see so much insults like: Hooligan or Trolls at other People for having a other Opinon. And i never see Arguments or Suggestions like my first post or my latest post. Only hate from some Arcann Lovers.

I ask you honestly is this OK?

No it's not OK. I wasn't saying you were making the attacks. But other people are and it's this baseless assumption that's fueling their attacks.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read the post regarding the reason Arcann is going to be romanceable (not for me though) is because he is force character and we have been asking for a male force user as a romance option. While Arcann may be the logical choice for some, because of the story, I had an idea that I would like to share.

We still have a chapter or more to finish what if BW introduced a new male force user that we would work with to locate Theron and we could have a choice to add him to our companions and therefore we could romance him instead. I haven't thought about how to do the story but they could add a new male force user and therefore it may ease some of the tensions we have now because of Arcann.

The last half hour i was in a 16 man Wampa and Klor-Slug Worldboss Random Group on Ilum. In this Group were. Hardmode PVE, Storymode PVE, Casual Players, New Players and Return Players. We do this bosses in 2 instances. We kill each Worldboss 2x. ;)

Its allways fun to do repeatable Group Content with other People. This is social. The best aspect in this game is social, social gameplay. You meet other nice People you do Content together. Possible you will be big friends. Some People meet in MMO their Wife or Men. But its allways social and repeatable Content. Often Group Content, Small of big.

Is this wrong when i and much other Players more want such Content then a Arcann Romance? Do we dont have the right to post this on the Forum? :rolleyes:

I have read the post regarding the reason Arcann is going to be romanceable (not for me though) is because he is force character and we have been asking for a male force user as a romance option. While Arcann may be the logical choice for some, because of the story, I had an idea that I would like to share.

We still have a chapter or more to finish what if BW introduced a new male force user that we would work with to locate Theron and we could have a choice to add him to our companions and therefore we could romance him instead. I haven't thought about how to do the story but they could add a new male force user and therefore it may ease some of the tensions we have now because of Arcann.

Will the new character not "steal" the same amount of this resources and dev time (or maybe even more, since that one will need some backstory, introduction, a model)?

Thank you much! Very good Suggestion. Its similar to my Suggestion. ;)

This was my Suggestion:

So much People want a Male Force User for a Love Romance. Here is my Suggestion to you Bioware.

Give us in your 6.0 Expansion 2 new Male Force User for a Romance. Give us this 2 Male in a good Story where we can meet them in the new Story and possible romance 1 or both of them

Well, there is the 'rumor' of a Scourge romance. Nothing official has been confirmed but his VA announced he's been recording new material for Scourge, and that the character is going down a new road. Then when asked, on Twitter, if we can get flirt options for him and a romance, the VA responded with "Be careful what you wish for ;)". It could mean anything, it could just be a tease from his end but I kinda can't picture him messing with fans in that way so it feels the chances for a Scourge romance have gone up some. Especially bearing in mind that in the "Male Force User romance" thread from a while ago, Charles posted the high interest in Scourge and Arcann had been duly noted. Again, there are no confirmations but I do feel it's looking more positive now and for me personally, Scourge would make a damn fine romance, far better than Arcann.

Forget Arcann - focus on new content instead!

At this point one can only hope that is exactly what bioware does.

forget about arcann and pretty much anything in kotfe/kotet and just finally be done with it.

It's well past time to get past that cluster.

They need to get on the stick and get new, repeatable content for the overall game.

Eshvara, you're seeking this drama out yourself now.

Yesterday you tried making a glorified "Why can't we be nicer to each other" thread, which you subsequently had removed, I assume, given the fact it's gone now and you expressed regret over making it. But now you're actively immerging yourself into anti-Arcann threads and knowingly responding to someone you've spent about the past two days bickering with. Just heed your own advice and ignore it, if you really do want to be the better and bigger person, or stick with the Arcann love thread. Each their own turf, problem solved but to come in here and knowingly engage Notanjelika, after two days of bs, only to then turn around saying you're going to cry foul to Eric, come on now. Enough of this crap, seriously.

Bravo. Well said.

First of all, Genocide is what happened in Rwanda, Nazi Germany, and Romania! Second, you've misquoted Arcann's order. Finally, I've never said he isn't guilty of atrocities, war crimes, and murder. I said he wasn't guilty of genocide a specific crime.

Arcann did evil but there was a flicker of good in him just like Vader.

In the truest, technical sense, genocide is when you completely eradicate an ethnic group. All the examples you list... that was certainly the intent, but in none of them was an entire people actually wiped out. Yet, we both agree that the examples given were genocides.

...I don't see how you can agree to that, and then, also, try to argue that Arcann ordering 5 entire worlds eradicated doesn't quality as genocide. He is personally responsible for killing at least 10 Trillion People.. and you're trying to argue that he isn't responsible for genocide? Your wrongness in this instance is so vast and profound, several mighty sky-scrapers could be erected on it.

Also worth pointing out... Vader didn't destroy Alderaan, Moff Tarkin did that.

So much People want a Male Force User for a Love Romance. Here is my Suggestion to you Bioware.

Give us in your 6.0 Expansion 2 new Male Force User for a Romance. Give us this 2 Male in a good Story where we can meet them in the new Story and possible romance 1 or both of them

I think my biggest, visceral objection to the Arcann thing is...

First... that EA/Bioware would respond to the persistent and on-going cry for a Male, Force-Using Love Interest by throwing this... rancid scrap to the player base. Yes, he's a major character and yes, he's a male force-user... but he is such an offensive choice. Truly terrible.

Second... I'm really embarrassed for the SWTOR fans who wanted a Male Force-Using Love Interest who are willing to settle for this. I mean... he's not a worthy Light Side Choice, because of all the persecution and the 10 Trillion deaths (and probably more than that) he's responsible for... you can agree that he's redeemed but I can't see how you can forget what he's done. And he's not a worthy Dark Side Choice either, because he's all redeemed now. He isn't worth anyone's attention... honestly he's not... and some people are all excited for this.

...I won't go to the Arcann Love thread, and speak my mind on that... but this thread encourages me to. I'm so disappointed that some SWTOR fans are settling for, or seem to be happy about, getting a thing that they should honestly not even want. Expect better.

If players want a Male, Force Using Love Interest (and they do) better get to work on writing one. Arcann might only be getting a two minute cutscene... we have no idea what he's getting... but he doesn't deserve anything at all, in my opinion.

Is this wrong when i and much other Players more want such Content then a Arcann Romance? Do we dont have the right to post this on the Forum? :rolleyes:

Is there something wrong with both? Again, you are reading too much into the writer's Twitter post. Just because she wrote some story lines doesn't mean you're not going to get a flashpoint to run. And just because it's not content you like doesn't mean it's not "real" content or somehow less important. This is nothing more than "my content is more important than your content" b.s.. It's narrow and misplaced.

I mean, sure, we're all starved for content, but it's just a game. Have fun with it or don't.

Edited by kodrac

It seems like a waste to create an Arcann romance when only Dark-side characters would romance a mass murderer that makes Hitler look like a naughty kid. Even if he spends the rest of his life trying to make up for his past deeds, he'll only redeem a fraction of his crimes.

Meanwhile, the list of bugs in the game is growing. Personally, I hope they spend a lot of time on bug fixes. It's hard for me to recruit friends as new players when they run into numerous bugs the first day of play. They figure anything that sloppy can't be worth their time. I mean c'mon... drop-down lists don't even sort correctly on a consistent basis. Not on vendors, not on the GTN, not in the crafting window.... How basic is that?

Are you Heno from Wanderhome SWG that did interior decorating? This is Important lol

In the truest, technical sense, genocide is when you completely eradicate an ethnic group. All the examples you list... that was certainly the intent, but in none of them was an entire people actually wiped out. Yet, we both agree that the examples given were genocides.

...I don't see how you can agree to that, and then, also, try to argue that Arcann ordering 5 entire worlds eradicated doesn't quality as genocide. He is personally responsible for killing at least 10 Trillion People.. and you're trying to argue that he isn't responsible for genocide? Your wrongness in this instance is so vast and profound, several mighty sky-scrapers could be erected on it.

Also worth pointing out... Vader didn't destroy Alderaan, Moff Tarkin did that.

I never said that Vader Blew up Alderaan, but he was in charge of Wiping out the Jedi, a true act of Genocide.

I also agree that 5 Taris type attacks are TERRIBLE WAR CRIMES! I'm not arguing that Arcann is a Good Guy. I am only saying that he is not guilty of Genocide.

He's no worse than Vader or Revan.

I never said that Vader Blew up Alderaan, but he was in charge of Wiping out the Jedi, a true act of Genocide.

I also agree that 5 Taris type attacks are TERRIBLE WAR CRIMES! I'm not arguing that Arcann is a Good Guy. I am only saying that he is not guilty of Genocide.

He's no worse than Vader or Revan.

You compound your wrongness by clinging to it. We're done here.

I was thinking about this the past day, and is the argument actually about the fact that we have zero information for any other content that's coming? We have no set in stone information about content this year at all, so people latch on the thing we know has been confirmed. Which is Arcann romance and a comment that this is the year of Companion returns.

Bioware, this is a problem, we need more information on future content (other then these two hints), like yesterday! unknown date of a roadmap does not seem to be enough, we're starving for information. Just look at the infighting now.

Edited by Asmodesu

Bioware, this is a problem, we need more information on future content (other then these two hints), like yesterday! unknown date of a roadmap does not seem to be enough, we're starving for information. Just look at the infighting now.

This is true. It happens every time too. "There's a roadmap coming folks! It's going to be tremendous! It's going to be the best roadmap ever! You're all going to be so so happy!" Then the speculation starts and shortly thereafter fighting ensues.

Edited by kodrac

Whether or not you guys like Arcann or want to romance him or think other people shouldn't like him or want to romance him is irrelevant. The time and resources it will take to make what will in all likelihood be a 3 minute cutscene like the return of Corso, Risha, and Andronikos and a subsequent email which will be put into the game who knows when will not be anywhere near enough to make a flashpoint or operation or whatever you guys think you'll get if it's not included. The people who want to romance Arcann with just not get that romance and you'll get...nothing. I mean I guess you'll get the petty satisfaction of denying someone else something because you don't like it but you sure aren't getting anything in exchange.

So...I don't care about Arcann either way...but I would like real content. More of what we have and new stuff too. Ideally, a space expac with new ships we can pick and choose, complete with customization. GSF does not fill this void, for me personally. Not even close.

It's not going to happen, I understand this, but I can dream.

Whether or not you guys like Arcann or want to romance him or think other people shouldn't like him or want to romance him is irrelevant. The time and resources it will take to make what will in all likelihood be a 3 minute cutscene like the return of Corso, Risha, and Andronikos and a subsequent email which will be put into the game who knows when will not be anywhere near enough to make a flashpoint or operation or whatever you guys think you'll get if it's not included. The people who want to romance Arcann with just not get that romance and you'll get...nothing. I mean I guess you'll get the petty satisfaction of denying someone else something because you don't like it but you sure aren't getting anything in exchange.

^This. Also just because a writer was enthusiastic about the romance doesn't mean it will get more resources because writers aren't the one calling shots.

What makes content "real" or not? I appreciate if you want different content, but I don't think personal preference makes something real or unreal. :o

Fair point. Romances are indeed content that a great many people enjoy immensely. My chosen word use was not meant to discredit or invalidate one form of content. Just talking.

Fair point. Romances are indeed content that a great many people enjoy immensely. My chosen word use was not meant to discredit or invalidate one form of content. Just talking.

Thanks, that's kindly said. Terminology aside, your request for the stuff you want instead of the stuff you don't is entirely reasonable. :)

Thanks, that's kindly said. Terminology aside, your request for the stuff you want instead of the stuff you don't is entirely reasonable. :)

In all honesty it's not that I don't want LI or character interaction. I want more of all of it. Despite coming and going from SWTOR over the years, I still like the game and would love expanding it further and further.