More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

KhalDrogoe

All I hear is that Im too lazy to level toons up to Have the same buffs as everyone else yadda yadda blah blah blah .

As you are now bringing this up you could have rolled all 4 toons to level 40 and recieved the buff simple really in the time frame you have stated from when this went live and or from when the game went live.

Alot of people have done this and have no issues with it.

I for one have done it and I reapply that buff almost like it was second nature cuz thats what I do even in combat and around others. For I know that people just dont buff so I made sure that I do it as much as possible to pick up the slack of others who didnt or wont take the time to actualy prepare themselves .Not my fault or any one elses fault for that matter on the ones who took the time and grinded that out. Plus it was stated that certain legacy item was going to happen for some time. Point that finger at the mirror and only blame your self or selves for not taking the oppurtunity to actualy be prepared.

It is really not that hard or difficult to do the things in this game compared to older mmo's this game is a cake walk .

People need to stop complaning on everything and anything that doesnt suit them and or fit in there agenda because they didnt do it or what ever. IT's old and silly, When will people actualy do things for themselves again anyone ?

Edited by Asmok

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As somebody who has 3 Buffs and will likely have the 4th within a week, I'm not opposed to them being buyable or disasbled in PvP.

I don't really think they are that strong, but they do provide an advantage.

Is there no end to these kid's "I can't be arsed to put in any effort, give me everything free" attitude?

Why shouldn't people who are willing to put in more effort, get more rewards? There is nothing but your bone-idiol laziness stopping you levelling toons just to chapter 2 for the extra buffs.

What next? Going to cry about augments? Because you are too lazy to level a prof to make creds to affort to put augment slots on your gear? Boohoo...why should I actually have to do something to get something...I want it free...and right now!

SWTOR could be sponsored by Tomy anyway...basically a "My First MMO" with how easy it is, and you whining kids come on here and cry about having to put any effort in to achieve something?

People put in a lot of effort to get the best stuff....there should be a difference between them and the lazy gits walking around in greens and blues. Stop trying to dumb this game down even more than it already is.

SWTOR is likely to go Free-to-Play end of Aug anyway...then you can just buy anything you want for real money. Perhaps then you will be happy (or not because it is unfair to you that people with jobs can afford the best gear)

Stacking the buffs do have some benefits. But, you should remember that this is a MMORPG, what you do in game is supposed to shape and affect your avatar. Dividing time across several character types will give the benefit of buffs but means less time spent for gearing a single one. Both paths have their pluses and minuses and you trying to iron out the minuses for your chosen path is understandable but not necessarily the correct approach.

I do admit that I have 3 of the buffs available for my chars and I'd hate to lose them (although I'm sure I'll be just fine if that will happen) since I spent time acquiring them. You can unlock them too and while doing that you'll get a better understanding of the other classes strengths and weaknesses, besides your main I mean.

I also tend to rebuff often when in a war zone and not only in the spawn.

Stay positive and enjoy the game o/.

There is definitely an advantage to having multiple class buffs. Sure you get buffed at the start, but when you die and get back into the fight immediately, you'll often only end up having your own buffs, 5% crit / endurance / power can make a pretty big difference then.

But I'm fine with it personally, the more reasons for people to get off the fleet and into the world, playing the actual game instead of the grind, the better imo.

Is there no end to these kid's "I can't be arsed to put in any effort, give me everything free" attitude?

Why shouldn't people who are willing to put in more effort, get more rewards? There is nothing but your bone-idiol laziness stopping you levelling toons just to chapter 2 for the extra buffs.

What next? Going to cry about augments? Because you are too lazy to level a prof to make creds to affort to put augment slots on your gear? Boohoo...why should I actually have to do something to get something...I want it free...and right now!

SWTOR could be sponsored by Tomy anyway...basically a "My First MMO" with how easy it is, and you whining kids come on here and cry about having to put any effort in to achieve something?

People put in a lot of effort to get the best stuff....there should be a difference between them and the lazy gits walking around in greens and blues. Stop trying to dumb this game down even more than it already is.

SWTOR is likely to go Free-to-Play end of Aug anyway...then you can just buy anything you want for real money. Perhaps then you will be happy (or not because it is unfair to you that people with jobs can afford the best gear)

Everyone is missing my point entirely. I'm not ASKING FOR FREE stuff. I'm not saying that I need those buffs to play effectively. I'm just saying either make them available to everyone via credit purchasable, or disable them so that everyone just has to rely on their own buff.

With your argument, bring back all the Biochem adrenals so that you have to level up Biochem to PvP. Exactly the reason why I don't want to level up alts to get the buff. I should be able to PvP competitively without being gimped because I didn't level up all the fotm classes. Just as you shouldn't need to level up biochem to PvP, I don't want to level alts to be able pvp.

Personally, if you wanted a prof other than Bio, you leveled up an alt. I was perfectly content in being forced into biochem to have all the buffs. Having the legacy buffs on the other hand seems like a way bigger game breaker than some measly adrenals that have a CD (not persistent like the legacy buffs)

Any player that pretends he is good at PvP will play multiple classes just to be better at his main. How can a sniper know how to deal with a marauder if he has no idea about Saber ward, Cloak of pain and other stuff? Reading class ability list on torhead does not equal knowing how that class feels and plays.

How can a PT Pyro burst a sniper if he does not know about ballistic dampers? How can a rage jug smash a sniper if he does not know about entrench MM aoe damage mitigation skill which makes 7000 smash hit for 300-500? And believe me, do you know how many rage maras and jugs tried to smash me?

Oh and how many other mindless people tried to stun me with entrench on.. Or clueless sorcs tried to knockback me..

A good PvPer will play multiple classes.

Your argument against legacy class buffs is pointless. You should have them anyway.

Edited by NoTomorrow

some people do not want to be bothered levelling/grinding an alt, but still wants the 'advantage' these buffs give in pvp. Okay, i can see that.

On the other side of the coin, i do not want to be bothered grinding gear to be effective in pvp, as i just want to pvp on an even field. as quickly as possible. Lets make war hero purchasable with no limitations (or remove pvp gear completely). See what i did there?

Edited by mulzii

There currently is a mechanism for what you're asking for. Level up the 4 classes to around 40 and you'll have every class buff at your disposal. I get a commando buff now, going to work on sage buff next. Edited by Ybini

In 1.3, we saw the removal of Biochem's adrenals from WZ's. So thus making it more fair to people who didn't want to have Bio on their PvP toon.

However now there is a SIGNIFICANT boost to players through the legacy system of class buffs. For someone that doesn't like leveling characters and will stick with their 1 toon despite how underpowered they are, they are limited to 1 class buff.... their own.

Why is it that people that reroll each new FOTM get's the advantage of having all of the buffs to re-buff themselves after they die giving them an edge over the people that do not have that.

Some possible solutions:

1) Make the legacy ability purchasable with credits (Like EVERY other legacy perk/buff except the buffs gained from grinding out all your companions affection ((which still is grindable with credits in an indirect way)))

2) Disable the ability to buff other classes buff for RWZ's. So instead of forcing people to buy the buffs to stay competitive, everyone just has to deal without (must as the case with the biochem adrenals)

Does anyone else see how this can make a huge difference in a warzone :rolleyes:

You will never lead a Dothraki horde with an attitude like this.

I like how WoW players complain about "FOTM rerollers". It takes very little time to rank up alts in this game, they *want* you to experience the content as different characters. If you want to run dailies pointlessly on your main over and over again that's your problem - don't cry that the game isn't balanced for your class, you probably don't have enough perspective to make that call. I myself want to play the game, I want to learn the classes and I want options. Don't whine at me because you don't want to do that.

I like how WoW players complain about "FOTM rerollers". It takes very little time to rank up alts in this game, they *want* you to experience the content as different characters. If you want to run dailies pointlessly on your main over and over again that's your problem - don't cry that the game isn't balanced for your class, you probably don't have enough perspective to make that call. I myself want to play the game, I want to learn the classes and I want options. Don't whine at me because you don't want to do that.

First, I'm not whining to you, or at all for that matter. It makes little difference to me if they implement my suggestion or not. But everything else was available by spending credits and didn't impede your queueing for warzones (leveling biochem included). Leveling an alt, however, takes me out of warzones and into pve crap that I don't care about.

If I could level up an alt by pvp'ing on my main then I would do that.

Edited by KhalDrogoe

IHowever now there is a SIGNIFICANT boost to players through the legacy system of class buffs. For someone that doesn't like leveling characters and will stick with their 1 toon despite how underpowered they are, they are limited to 1 class buff.... their own.

So where is the problem beside ppl beeing unbelievable lazy?

Everyone has the same choices: Spend some time leveling alts for the benefits or ask the teammates for buffs during the WZ. Well, some come to the forums crying ...

AppleRedX

Edited by AppleRedX

So where is the problem beside ppl beeing unbelievable lazy?

Everyone has the same choices: Spend some time leveling alts for the benefits or ask the teammates for buffs during the WZ. Well, some come to the forums crying ...

AppleRedX

The point is they're going to nerf biochem to the ground, but leave obvious flaws to balance like this? What about new players? They won't be able to compete until they've leveled up 4 different toons? They're already at a disadvantage with the huge gear gap, why have game mechanics working against the new people as well?

Edited by KhalDrogoe

What about new players? They won't be able to compete until they've leveled up 4 different toons? They're already at a disadvantage with the huge gear gap, why have game mechanics working against the new people as well?

They can ask their teammates for a buff, which good player do even without asking several times during a WZ. They are - very surprisingly for a MMO - not alone in a WZ.

AppleRedX

They can ask their teammates for a buff, which good player do even without asking several times during a WZ. They are - very surprisingly for a MMO - not alone in a WZ.

AppleRedX

They shouldn't have to be carried by their team mates. I don't see why you people are so vehemetly opposed to balancing the game to be more fair/consistent across the board.

They shouldn't have to be carried by their team mates. I don't see why you people are so vehemetly opposed to balancing the game to be more fair/consistent across the board.

New players will be carried anyway, that's part ot the team aspect. Again, it's not 1vs1 ...

Fairness shouldn't be used as an excuse for laziness. It is fair because everyone can get those buffs.

AppleRedX

New players will be carried anyway, that's part ot the team aspect. Again, it's not 1vs1 ...

Fairness shouldn't be used as an excuse for laziness. It is fair because everyone can get those buffs.

AppleRedX

Everyone can level up their toon with Biochem for the adrenals.... now they can allow them back into wz's.

First, I'm not whining to you, or at all for that matter. It makes little difference to me if they implement my suggestion or not. But everything else was available by spending credits and didn't impede your queueing for warzones (leveling biochem included). Leveling an alt, however, takes me out of warzones and into pve crap that I don't care about.

If I could level up an alt by pvp'ing on my main then I would do that.

Level an alt through PvP. When you ding fifty just burn through the class quests. I think you can do that in 2 days of PvEing.One to ding 10 and gain access to PvP. Other to burst through the PvE class quest until you complete chapter 2. If that's too much for you then I'm out of suggestions.

Edited : There is no balance issue here, everyone can acquire the buffs. While most of the high level adrenals required a biochem lvl in order to be used. Or a very rich pocket to buy consumable surrogates. Plus it was the issue of unchecked burst that made the TTK a joke (not that know is much better :cool:)

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

Everyone can level up their toon with Biochem for the adrenals.... now they can allow them back into wz's.

You ssem to be very very angry about the adrenals change. Get over it. No other change/nerf will bring them back ...

ok so heres an idea level up the other toons with help froma a lvl 50, all you have to do is finish act 2, it never said there is a level requirement what kills me the most about every single complaining post is that it all comes down to :

i dont have the time to put in that others do

and while thats not fair, the fact that if you did put in the time youd have the ability. seriosuly if you only have time to spend on one toon only how the heck do you think you are going ot have the inflated insane amounts of credits required if they did offer the purchase with credit options.

i personally beleive that they need to make ALL LEGACY ABILITIES, unlockable via legacy level OR credit purchase.

so for example: if you want rocket boots you could

A: purchase with OMGHUGEAMTOFCREDITS

or

B: free to legacy 30

As far as i know having a legacy over level 20 is pointless, i personally thought that all legacy items would be unlocked with legacy level only or credits only the system as it stands now is essentially unused by me and since I do not need ANY of the legacy itmes i only get the ones that diretly affect my character in pvp, the rest ill get a few months from now unless the expansion comes out by then and then ill just wait until i have my main max level and geared again, and then save up for what i want. legacy is mostly useless. changing it now because you dont have the time is selfish and pointless

Edited by Retro_Chrome