Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Individual

Pretty annoying and overpowered. Don't think Bioware thought this one through. A shadow or sin can be almost dead, pop their combat stealth, cc you while in stealth, then come out of stealth and use their out of combat heal to heal to full just about. Awesomeness. I really really wish Bioware would do something about it. Not to mention they have 4 CC abilities.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty annoying and overpowered. Don't think Bioware thought this one through. A shadow or sin can be almost dead, pop their combat stealth, cc you while in stealth, then come out of stealth and use their out of combat heal to heal to full just about. Awesomeness. I really really wish Bioware would do something about it. Not to mention they have 4 CC abilities.

I bet you are a VG/PT that duno to play. Healing out of combat is skill.

Not only do I heal up in front of the scrub who let me do that to them, I also throw in a /flap or /chuckle maybe even a couple /sits.

there's no counter to that. it's not a matter of "letting you do" anything. a quick stealthscan is possible. a quick punt to catch you stealthed is possible. they both rely on educated guesses (luck). it's a cheap trick to take a pylon. and, imo, should be banned from duels, since "out of combat" = duel over. imo. imo means my opinion. don't blast me for having one. in a general wz fight, however, I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it abuses any rules. stealthing away and healing up out of combat is what stealth classes should be able to do always (not counting mara/sents as stealth classes). thanks. bye.

there's no counter to that. it's not a matter of "letting you do" anything. a quick stealthscan is possible. a quick punt to catch you stealthed is possible. they both rely on educated guesses (luck). it's a cheap trick to take a pylon. and, imo, should be banned from duels, since "out of combat" = duel over. imo. imo means my opinion. don't blast me for having one. in a general wz fight, however, I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it abuses any rules. stealthing away and healing up out of combat is what stealth classes should be able to do always (not counting mara/sents as stealth classes). thanks. bye.

Decide on rules before dueling someone?

Decide on rules before dueling someone?

This...and you have to realize being able to leave combat is part of the stealth class toolkit. If you told me (Deception Assassin) I can't use my vanish, I'd have to say you can't use rail shot or force scream or whatever is important to your class.

It refreshes my damage reduction/force regen and finishes the cooldown on blackout and allows me to use spike. I use and abuse force cloak every chance I get.

Edited by Rynis

This...and you have to realize being able to leave combat is part of the stealth classes toolkit. If you told me (Deception Assassin) I can't use my vanish, I'd have to say you can't use rail shot or force scream or whatever is important to your class.

It refreshes my damage reduction/force regen and finishes the cooldown on blackout. I use and abuse force cloak every chance I get.

He's not saying you can't use vanish, he's saying it's "cheap" to mezz opponent and use OOC heal after using vanish.

I feel that is cheap too, but if I didn't set any rules before dueling, that's my fault.

He's not saying you can't use vanish, he's saying it's "cheap" to mezz opponent and use OOC heal after using vanish.

I feel that is cheap too, but if I didn't set any rules before dueling, that's my fault.

Alrighty, I see what you're saying. IMO it's not cheap, it's using the class to its full potential.

The fact is, if you go up against a stealth class then YOU KNOW he has the ability to do this. If you use your cc break on anything other than a sap/heal it's on you.

But like you said, definitely set/agree on rules beforehand.

Edit: Would it also be cheap for a merc to use their 8 second combat cc and heal up or an operative to flashbang and heal up?

Edited by Rynis

It's not cheap if you are given a counter. YOUR CC BREAK. Since YOU wasted YOUR CC break on something else, or have it on cool down. That is YOUR fault. I have multiple 50s in full war hero I pvp on... I do this on my shadow all the time. However It's ONLY possible to do if my vanish is up, if they've already used their CC, and if its a true 1v1.

What's even better is if you do this to someone, heal back up, pop a medpack, and then stun them again with a combat stun and work them down.

Shadow's/Assassin's are some of the strongest 1v1 classes .... be very careful when using your cc break etc agaginst them.

Coming on here and complaining about this only shows people you're not an experienced player, thus giving your opinion no real merit.

Just save your CC break and when they do this, break the cc and kill them. They won't be able to vanish again for awhile so you'll be able to get the kill.

Alrighty, I see what you're saying. IMO it's not cheap, it's using the class to its full potential.

The fact is, if you go up against a stealth class then YOU KNOW he has the ability to do this. If you use your cc break on anything other than a sap/heal it's on you.

But like you said, definitely set/agree on rules beforehand.

Edit: Would it also be cheap for a merc to use their 8 second combat cc and heal up or an operative to flashbang and heal up?

Those things keep you both in combat so they can't use OOC heals. That's fine.

Edited by Smashbrother

Those things keep you both in combat so they can't use OOC heals. That's fine.

In both situations the result is the same (1 person stunned the other back to full heatlh), so I honestly don't understand why it matters if you are out of combat or not.

In both situations the result is the same (1 person stunned the other back to full heatlh), so I honestly don't understand why it matters if you are out of combat or not.

It's not the same. OOC combat is free to use and restores your resource. A healer using his CC and healing himself doesn't regain his resource AND hp.

What's considered cheap just depends on people. Some people consider using grenades in duels cheap. Or companions and the legacy abilities.

This is why I say set rules before dueling.

Edited by Smashbrother

It's not the same. OOC combat is free to use and restores your resource. A healer using his CC and healing himself doesn't regain his resource AND hp.

What's considered cheap just depends on people. Some people consider using grenades in duels cheap. Or companions and the legacy abilities.

This is why I say set rules before dueling.

Pretty much this.

However, mmo convention would definitely label this cheesy in a dueling environment. It's an I-Win that takes advantage of a loophole in combat break. Similarly how pots and other consumables are frowned upon in duels, unless they are agreed upon before the match.

Pretty much this.

However, mmo convention would definitely label this cheesy in a dueling environment. It's an I-Win that takes advantage of a loophole in combat break. Similarly how pots and other consumables are frowned upon in duels, unless they are agreed upon before the match.

Ya I dueled all the time in WoW, and it was generally agreed upon that pots, OOC healing, grenades, and abilities with over 15min cd weren't to be used.

Edited by Smashbrother

Ya I dueled all the time in WoW, and it was generally agreed upon that pots, OOC healing, grenades, and abilities with over 15min cd weren't to be used.

Years of playing WoW and up to now I've never dueled someone who told a rogue not to sap and bandage if they got the chance.

It refreshes my damage reduction/force regen and finishes the cooldown on blackout and allows me to use spike. I use and abuse force cloak every chance I get.

i run deception too. I know exactly what you're talking about. that has nothing to do with getting out of combat and healing. but in any case, you cannot separate breaking combat and stealthing from stealth classes. it's bs in hypergate by faulty design. whomever it was that played like I was a baddie for not having my breaker, you do realize that it's impossible to solo guard a pylon with just one breaker against a stealth class, right?