Your typical 4 man WZ Group

CharterMonkKent

I thought I'd throw some specifics out here about my guild's "premade". We are not a pvp guild <vengeance>, I am probably the most avid pvper in the guild (and that's not saying much). Our casual 1-3 hours of pvp mostly centers around doing our dalies and finishing our weekly. So. Below is a list of the 7 people in my guild that pvp from time to time (that's about 1/3 of our guild). We win 75%+ of the matches.

It's rare to have more than 4 of these 7 people on at the same time. We group for fun. We also spend a big chunk of our pvp time doing open world pvp in the black hole and section x.

1. Me. I play all my 50s, trying to gear them. From a to e, in order of what I play the most..

a. 1/2 WH rage jugg

b. 1/2 WH conceal oper

c. 1/10th WH sorc

d. 1/4 WH sniper

e. Rarely on my full WH/EWH PT Pyro

2. Player 2, Full WH deception sin (basically his only toon)

3. Player 3,

a. Full WH (full) tank sin

b. 1/3 BM mara

4. Player 4,

a. 1/4 WH healer oper

b. 1/2 BM deception sin

5. Player 5, full WH/EWH oper healer

6. Player 6,

a. 1/3 WH jugg

b. 1/5th WH Sorc healer

7. Player 7,

a. Campaign geared Sin tank

b. Campaign geared madness sorc.

So, there it is. A honest run down. Clearly our best team is when we have...

1. Rage Jugg or PT PYro

2. Deception Sin

3. Oper Healer

4. Tank Sin

This happens 5-10% of the time. Our most common group is..

1. 1/2 WH geared Rage Jugg/Conceal Oper

2. Madness sorc in pve gear

3. 1/2 WH geared veng jugg

4. 1/4 WH geared oper healer

The point of me posting this is to show what my "premade" is with no exaggerations. It's not built for success, it's not predetermined, we aren't trying to faceroll people because we can't cut it in rateds. Sometimes we have 3 healers and it's awful. Sometimes we have 2 people, sometimes we run two groups of 3. What we do is probably the epitome of casual group pvp. We don't group to faceroll people, we group because we are in a guild that has fun being social (as social as a video game allows anyway). Anyone else feel free to post your "premade" or how your guild pvps when rateds aren't a reality.

actually u dont need 4 man.. 3 is enough, but it should b well geared tank, healer and any other role char (preferably 1 more tank or healer). all sides have enough dps, so you can be sure that in your pug will be plenty of em.

however saw a few times rep pugs (or premades, idk really) only with 1 dps, if these guys would not cap turret at the begining they would not able to do it after.

I love the intent of this thread even though it wall fall on deaf ears.

Our pre-mades are whoever happens to be online. If we can balance the teams with the class composition we do... but that rarely happens.

I had to try. There is so much misinformation and exaggeration about "premades" it's mind boggling.

I had to try. There is so much misinformation and exaggeration about "premades" it's mind boggling.

Seriously... I see more Gratua'Cuun, SHANKS and SICK pre-mades more than anything else. If these are the pre-mades any of these guys are talking about.

Well.... their problems are not with the competition but with themselves. Which is what I expect to be the problem anyways.

Seriously... I see more Gratua'Cuun, SHANKS and SICK pre-mades more than anything else. If these are the pre-mades any of these guys are talking about.

Well.... their problems are not with the competition but with themselves. Which is what I expect to be the problem anyways.

Want to start a guild <PreMade>? I just rolled a new shadow on the pub side

Want to start a guild <PreMade>? I just rolled a new shadow on the pub side

LOL... I think my shadow is level 12 and has been sitting there collecting dust for a while. We were actually talking about playing our pubs recently.

Name: O'dayum

I recently made a DPS operative that plays off of the forum QQ and all the funny crap I read on here.

DPS operative: Stun'lock

:D

Edited by UGLYMRJ

LOL... I think my shadow is level 12 and has been sitting there collecting dust for a while. We were actually talking about playing our pubs recently.

Name: O'dayum

Mine is... wait for it...

Ynk :)

We were thinking of making a 100% shadow guild for open world pvp and WZ ridiculousness. The changes in 1.6 are the reason we decided to finally start the project. Gear being easier to acquire is a casual players dream come true.

We were thinking of making a 100% shadow guild for open world pvp and WZ ridiculousness. The changes in 1.6 are the reason we decided to finally start the project. Gear being easier to acquire is a casual players dream come true.

LOL nice... hit me up. I've actually always wanted to have a inquisitor only or bounty hunter only guild just for laughs.

I totally agree with this post, I come from a smaller pvp centric guild so we are all pretty well geared but we've only had 8 people online in the 50 bracket once and we did que up for rated which after 2 hours people had to leave before we got in one match. Our teams are not balanced at all sometimes we end up running 4 tanks or something as ridiculous because we just want to pvp with friends.

I totally agree with this post, I come from a smaller pvp centric guild so we are all pretty well geared but we've only had 8 people online in the 50 bracket once and we did que up for rated which after 2 hours people had to leave before we got in one match. Our teams are not balanced at all sometimes we end up running 4 tanks or something as ridiculous because we just want to pvp with friends.

Great to hear. I think this is more common than people think.

Pff whatever. Everyone knows that premades meet regularly at their secret base inside a dormant volcano; plotting, scheming, and mwuhuha-ing at youtube vids of themselves.

7 day suspension...

First rule of PUG stomping club... is you don't talk about PUG stomping club.

7 day suspension...

First rule of PUG stomping club... is you don't talk about PUG stomping club.

So you are also the fat guy that got shot in the dome?

U talented bro...:D

Good post Charter. I normally "premade" with people I see consistantly in WZs in a given night, and rarely with my own guild. The only time I really actively seek premades are to complete weeklys if I am a few wins away...

Heh that would be funny. Ive entertained the thought of making a Shadow mirror, i could just legacy mail my sin gear whenever I would want to play it seriously.

Also I dont see you Vengeance guys much in WZs... when do you usually play?

In terms of premades... me and two of my friends roll 2 assassins and a sorc healer. Weve got all these clever little strats work out that work so well in regs. The most fun I have in the game is playing with them and just owning it up.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

Agreeing on the whole topic. :)

I usually play with 2 friends. The other has a scoundrel-healer and a sentinel, the other a hybrid-heals-sage and gunslinger. We usually just fulfill the dailies and if we keep on playing after that, it's usually with characters that need gear or victories for the weekly. My 4 50's all usually get to do the daily everyday, so if I play with these two friends, I might make the order of my characters to take into account what they are playing (both are on their dps, I might start on my vanguard-tank or scoundrel-healer), but I make no fuss about getting the composition "worthy". We might even queue with three healers if it happens.

If playing with our guildies, the same happens. We just pick whoever we want, after all it's just for fun. :rak_01:

I do mostly agree with the thread, and there are plenty of "premade" teams that play and are just friends/guildies out to have fun. Before my old guild dissolved through lack of interest, we'd just grab a couple of people and hit up a warzone if people were on and up for it, no thought to composition or voice coms or anything like that.

That being said, the... "vocal dissenters" to premades are pretty inaccurate in what they're actually referring to. Even though they are saying "premades are a problem", what they really mean is "4-man balanced teams of well/BIS geared individuals are a problem". After all, if you're up against a poor premade group, or one that doesn't fit all those criteria, chances are that unless every member is exceptional anyway, you won't really notice in the first place. You certainly wont remember them as something which made your PvP experience less fun. Frequently, being up against an average premade brings me MORE fun, because it's more challenging (as I mostly solo queue nowadays).

So yeah, premades in their entirety aren't really a problem, I agree. But if I saw a thread that was focus specifically towards 4-mans teams of people with the skill, gear and communication to the point that they belong in ranked were it not for the limited population, that I'd have to agree with that too. All the naysayers in current ambiguous threads about "premades" recommend "getting some skills" and "getting some friends", but when facing of against what is essentially some of the best the server has to offer, do they really have a chance of winning whatever they do for the foreseeable future?

I mean, what are those groups even getting out of it? They don't need the comms, except possibly for alts. But if it's acceptable for other people to get PvP gear by playing the characters who will use the gear, why aren't they playing (and more importantly learning) those alts? That's the reason you'll never convince anyone to let go of their "premade" bone... to most solo-only players, the logical conclusion is that they continue to queue in this manner because they want an easier time with their alts, or they do actually enjoy winning with little to no chance of a loss.

Not that there's an decent solution short of cross server queue to attempt to kick start Ranked and encourage people to play it.

Edited by Tyrias