Unassembled Component Changes in 5.4

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As we have mentioned a few times over the past couple of weeks, we are planning some Unassembled Component changes in GU 5.4. This thread is to outline the exact changes you can expect. We had a few goals we wanted to focus on:

• Increase the overall Components a character can get each week via Missions.
  • Increase incentive for Ranked Warzones to increase participation and to ensure it is being properly rewarded compared to unranked.
  • Shift some of the rewards from the Daily Missions into Weekly Missions so it is less punishing if you miss a day.

With that in mind, here are the specifics!

Unranked - Overall, Component rewards earned per week unchanged.

• Daily Mission: Now rewards 10 Components, down from 12.
  • Weekly Mission: Now rewards 54 Components, up from 40.

Ranked - Large changes were made here to really amp up the value of Ranked Missions.

• Solo Daily: Now rewards 15 Components, down from 16.
  • Solo Weekly: Now rewards 100 Components, up from 30.
  • Group Daily: Now rewards 30 Components, up from 20.
  • Group Weekly: Now rewards 200 Components, up from 60.

It is worth noting that the Command XP values of almost all of these Missions have also been buffed. The same is true of the Ranked Season Tokens that you earn from the Ranked Missions. Those are the Mission changes you can expect for Ranked and Unranked coming in 5.4. Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
So still not planned to get them bound to legacy?

Good question! I should have included that, Keith provided an update on that in his Roadmap thread:

As of right now, it is not a Legacy currency. But, I know exactly what you're thinking, so let me pre-announce something which I suspect will make you smile, while at the same time, irritate you because I won't tell you when until I update the Roadmap. :eek:

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.

I know that doesn't solve the concern about having to run the Flashpoint multiple times on one character, but once you have the Key to open the Stronghold, you can use the currency for other items on the vendor.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--

Edited by EricMusco

Why are the daily rewards reduced (even if the weekly ones increased). Not everyone runs the weekly on every character every week. What is the point of tying the reward to a longer cycle?

As for ranked participation, LOOOOOL. Man, with exception of 2 servers you can barely get a ranked pop. Do you really think that increasing UC rewards slightly will make any difference on participation?!

I really do not understand the point of these changes. They do not change anything..

Edited by Ottoattack

We had a few goals we wanted to focus on:

-eric

Is this a joke? For people who do their dailies every day, they are receiving an increase of ZERO Components. This directly contradicts your very first bullet point.

I know your reply will probably be "but we improved the components for ranked" but not everyone enjoys ranked and queues for it hardly ever pop. Why are you trying to force people into playing ranked?

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Thanks for the update Eric. But this still doesn't address the following issues:

1. Playing alts halts CXP gain on your main, which in turn slows your alt's gearing progress due to how CXP works (you want T4 mods from your CR300 main to gear your alts).

2. Winning is way more rewarding than losing which causes premades. This is exacerbated by putting the reward focus on dailies and weeklies, which give double rewards for winning.

3. Not participating guarantees the maximum amount of UC's available to your team per match. If your team is losing, you can just give up, semi-AFK, and await your rewards.

4. Progress in general is still too slow, if a new/returning PvP'er wants to get gear above bolster he'd have to spend more than a week for one piece of 242 gear. With bolster at 242, the time it takes to reach your first gear upgrade is huge.

CXP packs from PvP would fix issue no. 1, and medal-based UC rewards would address the others.

Edited by Eli_Porter

-eric

Ooh. Not a fan of this change. I typically don't get all 20 losses in a given week, so I'll net fewer UCs overall.

Here's my math:

Daily - 4 losses

Weekly - 20 losses (5x daily)

Old system nets 100 UCs (5*12) + 40

New system nets 104 UCs (5*10) + 54

However, if I only complete 4 dailies I'm being punished

old system nets 48 (4*12)

new system nets 40 (4*10)

The only way this is a significantly better system is if you can complete your 20 losses in one or two days' time.

1 day old system = 52 UCs

1 day new system = 64 UCs

2 days old system = 64 UCs

2 days new system = 74 UCs

What was the reasoning to increase the number of losses for a weekly? Can it be set back to 15?

Thanks,

B

-edit this also seems contradictory to me-

Edited by Rockula
more words

You gotta be kidding me, that are way too many components from Rated PvP. The only thing this will lead to is bad players queueing up for Rated and throwing matches, whether intentionally or just because they're noobs.

In my case, I will probably play Solo Rated with my alt (my main has already full 248 gear), and since I can't play that class in PvP, I'll be a dead weight for the team and probably lose every single match. Usually I'd feel bad for doing that, but fortunately since I'm a PvE player, I couldn't care less about what PvP players think, heck I don't even mind going AFK anymore, the gear grind has been just too brutal.

You should just accept that not everyone likes Rated PvP, or PvP for that matter, and give out components for every playstyle, especially VM operations and MM flashpoints/uprisings.

Seriously, Ben has been gone for so long that the gearing system could have been revamped ten times over by now.

The fact that it hasn't, shows me that the dev team is not interested in fixing it.

Edited by Jerba

Is this a joke? For people who do their dailies every day, they are receiving an increase of ZERO Components. This directly contradicts your very first bullet point.

I know your reply will probably be "but we improved the components for ranked" but not everyone enjoys ranked and queues for it hardly ever pop. Why are you trying to force people into playing ranked?

they probably think that players are stupid and wouldn't notice, that everyone would just be like yaaay 14 more for weekly, thanks devs ^_____^

they probably think that players are stupid and wouldn't notice, that everyone would just be like yaaay 14 more for weekly, thanks devs ^_____^

That HAS to be it...I can see no other rational. I'm in shock lol.

So, the ranked gets a huge increase and unranked gets nothing: The 2 amount decrease for dailies ends up being the 14 amount increase that the weekly gives, which basically tells me not to bother going higher than 230 gear, or to even bother trying to gear my alts. Edited by ZeroTypeR

Hey folks,

As we have mentioned a few times over the past couple of weeks, we are planning some Unassembled Component changes in GU 5.4. This thread is to outline the exact changes you can expect. We had a few goals we wanted to focus on:

• Increase incentive for Ranked Warzones to increase participation and to ensure it is being properly rewarded compared to unranked.
  • Shift some of the rewards from the Daily Missions into Weekly Missions so it is less punishing if you miss a day.

Ranked - Large changes were made here to really amp up the value of Ranked Missions.

• Solo Daily: Now rewards 15 Components, down from 16.
  • Solo Weekly: Now rewards 100 Components, up from 30.
  • Group Daily: Now rewards 30 Components, up from 20.
  • Group Weekly: Now rewards 200 Components, up from 60.

It is worth noting that the Command XP values of almost all of these Missions have also been buffed. The same is true of the Ranked Season Tokens that you earn from the Ranked Missions. Those are the Mission changes you can expect for Ranked and Unranked coming in 5.4. Thanks everyone.

-eric

This is good

Seriously?! :eek:

- basically no UC gain for unranked :mad:

- players are kinda forced to play ranked (I won't for sure but still ... I can imagine that the 'quality' of solo ranked will decrease drastically :mad: )

- no change of the cost for the unassembled gear pieces :mad:

Thanks BW, now I'll finally stop playing PvP for good

Queues ranked and proceeds to afk in the corner 🙄

The idiocy of this idea and also the fact that they have left regs as they are will only devalue Ranked even more. Participation is great if it is for the right reason. participation to get numbers, only waters down the value of ranked and will encourage trolling etc etc etc ...

I feel bad for any remaining ranked players who actually care about their ranking.

Bioware you need to stop shooting off your toes or you won't be able to stand up anymore,

Edited by Icykill_

Ok ... so unless the unranked Weekly reward number is incorrect, PVE players who prefer to just play regs , players like myself, will see no difference in unassembled component gains for finishing there daily and weekly? This makes ZERO sense ... less then zero sense.

Whereas on the flip side, you're increasing the overall component gain for finishing the Ranked Weekly by over 200% to try and incentive more players into playing Ranked ... I can tell you right now that the amount of unassembled components for playing ranked is NOT why I don't like playing ranked; it's the extremely toxic players and lack of proper matchmaking. This will only exacerbate the issues of ranked, I can pretty much guarantee it.

Keith, honestly, you need to get back in touch with the players base. You are starting to go down the same path as Ben.

Each announcement seems to make the game worse, not better, how about actually finding out from your players what they want and not your executives who have zero idea what we want.

Edited by Icykill_